Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe en seine

Options
  • 26-10-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Quick question, does anyone know if cafe en seine is still open? (on dawson street).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I think it (or the owners) went into examinership but the venue remains open - for now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

What the poster above has said is true. I don't wanna be one of those people to say the exact same thing post after post on threads like this, problem solved for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Cafe en seine was bought out of examinership by current owners. Scheme of arrangement was agreed with creditors. the main reason for examinership was aib played silly buggers with the o'dwyer brothers & O'dwyers called their bluff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Overpriced shíthole, frequented by pretentious, perma-tanned ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Johnny Weasel

Des wrote: »
    Overpriced shíthole, frequented by pretentious, perma-tanned ****.
    Spot on Desmond. It would have been no harm if it went under although I guess the cretins might have hatched elsewhere then.

• Advertisement

They've already started their migration to Dandelion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Sgt Slaughter

Never a truer word spoken, avoid like the plague. Everything thats wrong with this country can be found inside that overpriced hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The Bodega in Cork used to be fantastic - then it got all Cafe en Seine-ised... :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Dudess wrote: »
    The Bodega in Cork used to be fantastic - then it got all Cafe en Seine-ised... :mad:

Hi-b ftw. Feck Bodega.

Happened to be in Cafe on Saturday lunchtime, just showing off the tan loike yah. Open as usual.

Heh, people from far and wide visit the Hi-B to get attacked by that crazy old dude. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Johnny Weasel

Nah doll, it was always muck in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Heh, people from far and wide visit the Hi-B to get attacked by that crazy old dude. :pac:

Does he still bollock people out of it for using mobile phones? :o

God yeah - friend of mine got thrown out for it quite recently. Were you a victim, Stove?

I like how a thread called "Cafe en Seine" has developed into this discussion.

(I don't like how Des will react :().

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I was in there last weekend taking photos. Luckily he wasn't about so could get the camera out of the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

God yeah - friend of mine got thrown out for it quite recently. Were you a victim, Stove?

Nah - I was warned though. Was ages ago. Thing is, we were sitting up at the bar and meeting people there so had to take a few surreptitious texts under cover. :D

(I don't like how Des will react :().

Take yizzer filthy Cork talk to the Cork Forum :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I had a chat with a guy who worked in cafe insane a couple of years back,in the 'boomtime', he said,and I know not if it's true,that on an average saturday night they took in 50k +. Funny thing is that even if it was an exaggeration of 20 grand or so,the prices haven't changed since then and it's still packed most Saturday nights. You'd have to wonder what they do with the money, obviously not pay their loans anyway.

Advertisement