Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence Renewel, sec3.2&4.1&4.2

Options
  • 26-10-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Right lads on sec 3.2 it asks for accessories, id like to apply for a silencer for my cz.22 but if i tick this do i have to go through a rigmaroll with the Super or FAO about why i want it and what do i say if thats the deal.

Sec 4.1-Max number of rounds: i have the .22 and a Shotgun, i was thinking of putting 100rds down for the 22 & as i do clay shooting aswell as game i was thinking of 500 for shotgun,id like 1000 but will i get hassle if i go for 1000, cheaper & handier to buy 1000 in one go thats why i wanted 1000.

Sec 4.2-Explain why type of firearm is required. i used the example on NARGC.ie for shot gun which is (it is the standard bird hunting type). Anyone any idea what to put in for 22 as i use it to shoot rabbits & greys & mags.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

fiestaman wrote: »
    Right lads on sec 3.2 it asks for accessories, id like to apply for a silencer for my cz.22 but if i tick this do i have to go through a rigmaroll with the Super or FAO about why i want it and what do i say if thats the deal.
    Have a read of the Commissioner's guidelines and there's also a thread here on the subject. And yes, it's advisable to have some form of justification for it.
    Sec 4.1-Max number of rounds: i have the .22 and a Shotgun, i was thinking of putting 100rds down for the 22 & as i do clay shooting aswell as game i was thinking of 500 for shotgun,id like 1000 but will i get hassle if i go for 1000, cheaper & handier to buy 1000 in one go thats why i wanted 1000.
    If you feel you can justify it, then apply for it. It's as simple as that.
    Sec 4.2-Explain why type of firearm is required. i used the example on NARGC.ie for shot gun which is (it is the standard bird hunting type). Anyone any idea what to put in for 22 as i use it to shoot rabbits & greys & mags.
    And you've answered your own question. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

rrpc wrote: »
    If you feel you can justify it, then apply for it.

And store it.

B'Man

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Just to elaborate a bit,

You do not need to supply a reason for you wanting a "silencer", but to avoid delays or problems you are probably better of supplying one, however i got my moderator without a reason and was granted it. A possible reason or reasons are available from this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055663743

Apply for as many rounds as you deem necessary. If you use 100 between visits to the dealers ask for 100-200. If you use 500 ask for 600-750. No point asking for 1000 for everything if you wouldn't use that amount between visits or worse again in a year. Again its the amount of ammunition you can have in your possession (that includes your home aswell if i'm not mistaken). The reason you would ask for a bit more than you need is incase you cannot get to the dealers as frequently as normal or if times are tight, its no harm to have a little in reserve.

As rrpc said you have your answer. It is for the purpose of vermin/pest control. This would tie into the reason you are requesting a moderator. Firing multiple shots without startling other quarry. This is valid for vermin or pest but not on other larger animals (deer, etc) but as you cannot shoot them with a .22 it is nothing to concern yourself with.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Tick the box for a silencer. Go to the Garda.ie website and have a read of the Comissioners guidelines. In them it basically states a good reason to have a silencer on a .22lr rifle is to be able to shoot a group of animals like rabbits, so I would say that I did not want to scare off other quarry.

For the .22lr I would just put "rabbit shootng", as far as I recall you're not supposed to shoot any wild birds with a rifle, so I would leave out the mags and greys on the forms ;)

Advertisement