Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Focus alignment on Canon 400D

• 26-10-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Im asking a question on behalf of someone else so excuse me if im not technically correct. Basically there is a small problem with said camera, it thinks that it's in focus but it's not and so it needs realignment of some sort? If so can get links/addresses where it can be done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

Is it blurry through the viewfinder? bear in mind there is a wheel to the right of the viewfinder to focus that specifically

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Paul_D

Is it blurry through the viewfinder? bear in mind there is a wheel to the right of the viewfinder to focus that specifically
    No, the image through viewfinder is fine. It's only when the picture is taken and then uploaded to PC it can be seen that the picture is not refined enough. Lens used are Canon 17-40 LF4.
    The same picture taken with PowerShot A630 delivers better quality it terms of refinement.

Could it be that autofocus does not focus properly on an object?
    I've tryed to check for backfocus/frontfocus with a special grid that I've printed out and it looked that everything is fine but I'm not sure.

Could the shutter speed be set too low?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

do you get a fast click or slow click when you press the shutter release?

try using self timer with camera sitting on a table @ f11 in aperture priority mode.

this will just help ascertain if camera shake is anything to do with it.

does this give a sharp image?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Paul_D

Shutter speed is set to 1/320 and f11. I use tripod to take my pictures.
    Does anyone know maybe the repair center for cameras? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Detail your test regime. IE on tripod f/11, shutter speed, mirror locked up, focus distance, lens being tested etc etc. In all honesty, and not meaning to be patronising, in 99% of cases these sorts of things are down to user error. They certainly happen, but its a lot rarer than angry forum posts on the internet would have you believe.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Could it be a bad lens?
    Does the problem persist with other lenses?
    Have you tried the lens on another body?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I think what Paul_D is hoping for is the Canon repair store - anyone?????

I know the Nikon one is in Rathmoylan, County Meath but not sure about the Canon. I'm sure somewhere like Gunns, wexford street can organise repairs but there may be somewhere more direct.

Advertisement