Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil boiler trying ti ignight to keeps cutting out

Options
  • 26-10-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi ALL

I need some advice. My HEATING WAS WORKING FINE UP UNTIL FRIDAY , I am a single mum so have no man in the house to try n fix it . I have tried restarting it but just keeps trying to ignight to no avail , I have also bleed it and that doesnt seem to be the problem . I cant afford to call anyone to repair it this week so I an looking for some easy to follow advice of thigs I can try myself to get it going . The oil tank is half full so its not the oil

I really would appricate any straight forward adivice offered.

Its so bloody cold!!!!!!

megan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Most likely a blockage in the nozzle, though it could be other things too. An easy fix but you will need some basic tools.

You will have to remove the burner from the boiler and undo the 2 screws at the side of the flame spreader and remove it.

You will then be able to remove the old nozzle, be careful not to damage the electrodes. You might be better removing them too! Replace the nozzle and reassemble all.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement