Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favour for those who have installed windows 7.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Tried this on Windows 7 HP and could not get the channels using the above guide. I was trying with a Sky RF2 Outlet (Ch. 68, power enabled) I am only 10ft from the Sky box !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

batman2000 wrote: »
    Tried this on Windows 7 HP and could not get the channels using the above guide. I was trying with a Sky RF2 Outlet (Ch. 68, power enabled) I am only 10ft from the Sky box !!

Internet TV, not using a TV Tuner card....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Windows 7 pro,No luck for me either...

Edit-I was trying internet TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Tried it and did not get the TV Guide option after the update. It would appear this is country dependent and more than likely for the US market. The only TV option I got was for a tuner.

• Advertisement

Internet TV is currently only available in the U.S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

That thread indicates the Sky Player for Media Center will be available here tomorrow 27th October. I was expecting the player to be available on the Xbox 360 tomorrow but thought the Media Center plugin would be a little later in coming as Sky had mentioned they were still tweaking it. Will check tomorrow.

I came across this helpful blog post on various Internet TV options for Media Center. Most options are US only or UK only but some will be of relevance (would be interested to hear experiences from anyone who has used them before taking a trial and error approach). Hopefully it will only be a matter of time before more options are available here. I wonder how the likes of UPC and Eircom will approach the likely upswing in bandwidth consumption?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

came across this map, but its not too clear
    http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&encType=1&cid=603F191D2CD9C3A0!762

anyway i reinstalled using all american settings and was able to get some internet tv options.handy to know!

phill106 wrote: »
    came across this map, but its not too clear
    http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&encType=1&cid=603F191D2CD9C3A0!762

anyway i reinstalled using all american settings and was able to get some internet tv options.handy to know!

Reinstalled What? Windows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Yes, though have played more with it since then, sometimes just changing the region in control panel and updating gets the additional features, not always though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement