Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eotech 552 replica

Options
  • 26-10-2009 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I have been looking around for a decent red dot sight for my JG G36C which I am about to buy shortly. I have seen a few Eotech replicas and I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with these. Are they worth buying? Also, I would like to know the brand of the Eotech replica sold on the http://www.mainirishairsoft.com website if anybody knows this.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

You can get them for less than half the price from other retailers.
    Eotech

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Goin90

I saw that replica and many others but I don't know if they would be good quality ie; worth the money.
    I would be more inclined to think the one MIA have for sale would be a decent clone.

Goin90 wrote: »
    I saw that replica and many others but I don't know if they would be good quality ie; worth the money.
    I would be more inclined to think the one MIA have for sale would be a decent clone.

Yes Ebaybanned are a lot cheaper and the one in MIA would appear to be better quality, as far as I know they are the same thing.
    Many of the products on Ebaybanned are good quality. The same can't be said for some things from MIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

there mostly from the same source, i would recommend looking into the latest generation of clone eotech http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/T0002/templateProductDetails.do?webId=1213907847691&editCurrentLanguage=1213907847692&module=NewProduct&keyWords=&currentPage=1&ParentId=1214828800275&productId=1241120469109006274, almost no ghosting great price (remember to factor in about 25% of total value including shipping for duty and vat for importing outside eu, but many of the irish shops eirsoft, corkairsoft, mia all generally will have in stock or can get in eotech copys if you want to buy from Ireland with an increase in cost but the advantage of warrently

edit: the main picture looks like the red dragon airsoft version with the full trades if that is a picture of the product itself as its the same picture as used with real steel cataloges so could just be a stand in http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/eotech_550_aa.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.impactguns.com/store/EOT-552.XR500.html&usg=__tZEL1Fd8FFm45zbyZCagBQGtW0c=&h=288&w=384&sz=15&hl=en&start=42&um=1&tbnid=b7Gc73_whv4LUM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=123&prev=/images%3Fq%3Deotech%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D36%26um%3D1

Puding wrote: »
    there mostly from the same source, i would recommend looking into the latest generation of clone eotech http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/T0002/templateProductDetails.do?webId=1213907847691&editCurrentLanguage=1213907847692&module=NewProduct&keyWords=&currentPage=1&ParentId=1214828800275&productId=1241120469109006274, almost no ghosting great price (remember to factor in about 25% of total value including shipping for duty and vat for importing outside eu, but many of the irish shops eirsoft, corkairsoft, mia all generally will have in stock or can get in eotech copys if you want to buy from Ireland with an increase in cost but the advantage of warrently

I might take a look into this. Do you have any experience with these new clones? Would the 25% you mentioned be on the price from that website or the price of that product here in Ireland? I have heard stories that people ordering cheaper products online were charged customs on the products price here in Ireland.

@ Leftyflip: I know that all products in MIA might not be top quality but I thought it might be a good clone when I first saw it.

• Advertisement

@ Leftyflip: I know that all products in MIA might not be top quality but I thought it might be a good clone when I first saw it.
    It might be, but then again it's probably the same as the one Puding linked to.

if your buying from outside the eu you will have to pay duty and vat once it comes into Ireland most of the time, add 25% of the total cost including shipping and this should give you some idea of what customs might change you when it comes into Ireland, px are a good site buy from them all the time, we got a few of the latest run of eotechs in and nothing wrong with them, very little or no ghosting of the retical and a nice finish,

Puding wrote: »
    if your buying from outside the eu you will have to pay duty and vat once it comes into Ireland most of the time, add 25% of the total cost including shipping and this should give you some idea of what customs might change you when it comes into Ireland, px are a good site buy from them all the time, we got a few of the latest run of eotechs in and nothing wrong with them, very little or no ghosting of the retical and a nice finish,

Just as a matter of interest are these clones branded as shown in the picture with the Eotech logo and the 'For law enforcement/military use'. That would be a nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I bought a $50 Eotech from Ebaybanned and its perfect, no ghosting and clear reticle, best sight I ever bought.

Blay wrote: »
    I bought a $50 Eotech from Ebaybanned and its perfect, no ghosting and clear reticle, best sight I ever bought.

Did you get caught for customs or is the whole customs deal just hit and miss? It gets some but others slip under the net?

• Advertisement

Just as a matter of interest are these clones branded as shown in the picture with the Eotech logo and the 'For law enforcement/military use'. That would be a nice touch

there are a number of versions out there with the marking with a lot of retailers it will be pot luck what type you get sometimes, the picture may show or not show marks and you will get some that does not match the picture, this is due to the shops change source or a different run of the product from the factory

reliable source od eotech with markings
    http://www.dragonredairsoft.com/airsoft/listProducts.action?categoryID=24510

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Did you get caught for customs or is the whole customs deal just hit and miss? It gets some but others slip under the net?

Not I wasn't charged VAT.
    Depends on the amount in my experience, anything over €22 is liable for VAT, I've had orders up to €100 not get hit, but anything over I've had tax added. Don't think they'll bother stopping anything under €50 imo, could be wrong though:)

always expect to pay customs charges, if you get luck, hay its a bonus
    Don't think they'll bother stopping anything under €50 imo, could be wrong though

if only :) maybe i made a list somewhere :(

I think I'll go for either the PX or red dragon airsoft one. Just one last question. What is the difference between a red dot sight and a holosight? I saw it mentioned somewhere but it wasn't really explained.

Actually I might go for the ACM 552 replica for 95 quid. Or maybe a BSA but I don;t know a lot about them.

Actually I might go for the ACM 552 replica for 95 quid. Or maybe a BSA but I don;t know a lot about them.

The Eotechs linked are ACM. ACM means All China Made, so don't pay more than you need to.

ACM-All China Made. Didn't know this. Thanks Leftyflip. On the http://www.eirsoft.ie website they say the manufacturer of their 552 replica is ACM. I'd be able to find a much cheaper place to buy this I'd say.

ACM-All China Made. Didn't know this. Thanks Leftyflip. On the http://www.eirsoft.ie website they say the manufacturer of their 552 replica is ACM. I'd be able to find a much cheaper place to buy this I'd say.
    It essentially means it's been made by a Chinese manufacturer, buying from Eirsoft will get you a warranty and service with a smile.*

*Not endorsing Eirsoft.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    It essentially means it's been made by a Chinese manufacturer, buying from Eirsoft will get you a warranty and service with a smile.*

*Not endorsing Eirsoft.

Service with a smile. I like that :). Although I also like the idea of getting the Eotech brand on my clone. I also like the guarantee. However beggers can't be choosers. I would probably be safer going with the one from eirsoft. Do you know anything about the BSA Red dot that eirsoft have?Just as a matter of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Difference between red dot and holo sight is a red dot is like a using a laser, whereas a holo sight has an aiming reticle...like a mini crosshair.

Personally, I'd go with Eirsoft because you can go down, have a look at it. If they have a G36 in stock, I'm sure they wouldn't mind showing you what it looks like (major advantage), you'd have a guarantee and you can talk to them about everything...ask all the questions you have as well.

I've not ordered from ebaybanned so I've no experience with 'em...but if you want to order online, it might be worth googling the product and looking fro websites closer to home (UK etc) and see if you can get it cheaper, whilst avoiding Vatting charges

Thanks Inari. Ye the Eirsoft option is looking better to me. Guarantee, locality, no customs etc. It might be a bit more expensive than the hong kong websites but it is cheaper than MIA's 140 quid replica.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

All clone eotechs are, as far as I know, made in one of 3 factories in china using the same design. I bought my 557 on ebay for about €59 including shipping. I did get stung by customs but wasn't a lot.

All clone eotechs are, as far as I know, made in one of 3 factories in china using the same design. I bought my 557 on ebay for about €59 including shipping. I did get stung by customs but wasn't a lot.

Would you recommend a clone like what is the quality like? Is there ghosting? Is it a branded Eotech clone. I would like to get one with the Eotech logo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Would you recommend a clone like what is the quality like? Is there ghosting? Is it a branded Eotech clone. I would like to get one with the Eotech logo

Would I recommend a clone over what, a real Eotech? The Eotechs in Irish retailers are as much clones as the ones on ebay. Mine doesn't have any stickers on it and to be honest I don't even know what is written on the side of my guns. I bought a 557 as I wanted the buttons on the side as opposed to the rear. I have a scope that sits behind the Eotech. An Eotech is a very distinct sight. It doesn’t need stickers or logos for people to know what it is.

I haven't seen a bad quality clone however I bought one about 10 months ago from ebay that didn't work. Sent it back and was refunded by paypal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

All Eotechs are clones, only the older ones had ghosting and the ones lately are all top notch. they all come from the same sort of places in China and you wont really see much difference in them all. there are some high end ones out there like the G&P etc but they really arn't worth the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah, Id go with the clone ACM Eotechs in the future, I payed nearly €200 for a Hurricane Eotech a few years ago and the ghosting was very bad and the sight adjustment screws threaded themselves after a few turns to adjust it. Was not a happy camper.

Most of them now are free from ghosting and most of the time you will get a decent unit no matter what brand you get.

Ok thanks lads for the help. ATM I'm lookin at the Eotech clone for sale in eirsoft and to me it seems to me to be a good deal.

Advertisement