Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Broadband

• 26-10-2009 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have recently moved into a new office. The office currently doesn't have broadband. We have been using BlueFace for the past number of months and have had no major problem with it so far.

I have been doing a bit of searching on the net for boradband providers and most seem to offer telephone lines as standard, however this is not neccessary for me.

So, what to do? Can anybody reccommend a provider that will offer reasonable broadband with static IP and no telephone lines?

Regards,

Kanky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

where is the office- that will have a major influence on what broadband providers are available to you

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kanky

Blanchardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What were you using before, and can you just go with that again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Afaik UPC do business broadband, as it uses co-ax lines it wouldnt need a phone line....

http://www.upc.ie/b2b/sme/

Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kanky

Yeah thanks guys,

but my issue at the moment is that I am going to be paying 35 + 49 euro per month before I put any credit on the blueface phones.

For that price would I not be better going with the likes of eircom that provide lines as standard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

quite a few ISP's do business broadband (still DSL) without needing to pay for a phoneline and line rental. it's been a while since i enquired, but BT were doing it last time i checked if you want to give their business sales line a call on: 1890 924 929 if you want to give them a try?

would be worth ringing round all the usual suspects and asking for busioness sales though, you never know what you'll get if you ask nicely. :)

Advertisement