Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetabling in LIT

Options
  • 26-10-2009 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi guys, I'm doing some research for my 4th year project, and I need to find out about the timetabling systems in other colleges from mine, but most of them are hidden or locked out from the public, any chance there is someone here who could give a quick answer to a few of these questions? (Also posting this to a few other college boards so hope it isn't marked as spam!)

- Does your class timetable system give you a personalised timetable based on the modules/classes you actually have yourself or do you just get a generic timetable for your class with electives not included?

- Is there a name for your timetabling system (product name for the package used)?

- Is there any other means of accessing the timetable system (other than the main website for it)?

- Are you notified of changes to your timetable?

Thanks a lot :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

LIT timetables are always a disaster.... always!!!

But, what they do have is usually on the walls on the main corridor... and eventually it goes online, but it changes so much that neither are any help after the first week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Eledh wrote: »
    - Does your class timetable system give you a personalised timetable based on the modules/classes you actually have yourself or do you just get a generic timetable for your class with electives not included?

Personalised timetable, down to whether you are in an A or B section of the class if it has been split for practicals
    If practicals are every second week you are told the weeks they are running - ie, week 2,4,6,8
    - Is there a name for your timetabling system (product name for the package used)?

No idea
    - Is there any other means of accessing the timetable system (other than the main website for it)?

Timetables are printed and handed out. They are also available on the the LIT Intranet and inside the relevant notice boards in the hallways.

Yes.

Steve_o wrote: »
    LIT timetables are always a disaster.... always!!!

But, what they do have is usually on the walls on the main corridor... and eventually it goes online, but it changes so much that neither are any help after the first week!!

The reason there are problems is that as soon as classes get their timetables there are complaints about 9 o'clock starts, 6 o'clock finishes, 4 classes in a row and other such crap. In four years there have hardly been any problems with the original timetable, ie rooms not being available or time conflictions. However, the complaints from the class are ridiculous and impinge on many other classes timetables. Some people have to learn that they're not the only people that need to be accomodated.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭louloumc89

Thanks a lot :-)

I transfered from UL last year, lets see if I can remember.

Personalised - Yes

No product name, its on the ul website

Don't know about other ways of accessing

I've never had any changes to my timetable.

Advertisement