Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waterford bridge

• 26-10-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Has anyone heard a rumour that a section of the new bridge has been poured with the wrong mix of concrete dont know what section.I was speaking to my brother inlaw the weekend,he,s a structural engineer with hegertys construction and he said he had heard that the mix in some of the loads were not the proper strength.he said if its a none structural part of bridge it will be ok.but if its a structural part it will have to be replaced.he couldnt under stand how this was not copped earlier.has anyone heard anything to conferm this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

vinny63 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard a rumour that a section of the new bridge has been poured with the wrong mix of concrete dont know what section.I was speaking to my brother inlaw the weekend,he,s a structural engineer with hegertys construction and he said he had heard that the mix in some of the loads were not the proper strength.he said if its a none structural part of bridge it will be ok.but if its a structural part it will have to be replaced.he couldnt under stand how this was not copped earlier.has anyone heard anything to conferm this.

been discussded to death on the Infrastructure forum, and it is not the new Waterford Bridge, but is a new bridge over the Nore in Co. Kilkenny (Part of the Carlow to Knocktopher section of the M9)

Seems one of the tabloids got their bridges mixed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::( It wouldn't surprise me at all typical Ireland, if that is the case.

Advertisement