Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: Fixed/Single Speed Wheelset

• 26-10-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a rear wheel or wheelset for a fixed gear winter trainer.

Anything with an axle long enough to space out to 130mm rear dropouts, sealed bearings, machined braking surface and a flipflop hub considered.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Swaine55

bike shop in blackhall place sells flip flop's for €70, i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Bear in mind you can attach a freewheel to a fixed threading, there is no real need for flip/flop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

blorg wrote: »
    Bear in mind you can attach a freewheel to a fixed threading, there is no real need for flip/flop.

(on goes my pedant hat,)
    You mean there's no need to have a fixed/free flip-flop hub.
    A fixed/fixed flip-flop hub is still a flip-flop hub, 'cause you can flip it around.

Too many's f's in those sentences.

Yes, City Cycles in Blackhall Place is the cheapest option in town for a fixed rear wheel.
    €70 for the wheel, 16t 3/32" sprocket, and lockring.

Nice people in there too.
    Tell them I sent you, it might lead to a discount
    (for me, in the future :D)

Was in there today, got a nice front and back wheel for €130 in total, including the sprocket and lockring. Nice lads at the counter too, very helpful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement