Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1.5 mile run

• 26-10-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hello all I am looking for any advice tips etc to help build my fitness up to run 1.5 mile as quick as I can. I've always led an active lifestyle but I've never really ran over any great distance. I had my first two jogging sessions and found my self out of breath/stitch after 20mins or so. I'll walk it off then continue and both times I've been out for around an hour before I reach a point I can no longer go on.

I am training over forests and wood lands so the grounds not flat, plenty of ups and downs, uneven surface along with steps etc, I would like to stay training in this situation if its at all possible.

I would like to get to a stage where I can cover 1.5 mile pretty much running(not jogging)all the time.

All advice welcome.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

Hi, I started running 1.5 miles every second night. I take about a thirty second breather in between and walk.
    I think by repeating this every second night, I will be able to build on stamina and distance.
    Theres nothing really to it, just get out there and run and listen to your body.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭RCIRL

mega man wrote: »
    Hi, I started running 1.5 miles every second night. I take about a thirty second breather in between and walk.
    I think by repeating this every second night, I will be able to build on stamina and distance.
    Theres nothing really to it, just get out there and run and listen to your body.;)

Nice one, I've been listening to it and its saying don't do it. I guess I am not prepared yet, should I be drinking more water, change my diet etc?

So far I haven't changed a thing and just went for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

just keep jogging. you'll be more concious of what you are eating the fitter you become.

Advertisement