Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using previous years L.C. Points

Options
  • 26-10-2009 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

If I repeat my LC this year can I just repeat 3 or 4 and use 2 subjects like my construction(60points) from last year and add them together.I need about 360 points (got 275 last year).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭HQvhs

No. The points must be taken from 6 subjects done in the same year. So you can't combine points from different years.

However, except for medicine, you can combine matriculation requirements from different years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

sorry Just to add a quick side question.If you start a course and decide you dont like it can you reapply through the CAO to a different course using your previous years points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

poisonated wrote: »
    sorry Just to add a quick side question.If you start a course and decide you dont like it can you reapply through the CAO to a different course using your previous years points?
    Yes Im pretty much certain you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Yes you can but you will need to fill out pages 3 and 4 of the CAO form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

poisonated wrote: »

Yeah, you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    If I repeat my LC this year can I just repeat 3 or 4 and use 2 subjects like my construction(60points) from last year and add them together.I need about 360 points (got 275 last year).

you could do that about 15 years ago, but i still think you had to do at least 6 subjects both times.

Advertisement