Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ringtones

• 26-10-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

How do you get a ringtone of your favourite songs on your phone? Do you have to go online to do it, or how do you get one of the songs in your phone to be a ringtone?

At the mo i have a samsung and I don't have the song that I want as a ringtone stored in my phone anyway so I'm thinking there is maybe a website you can go to to do this?

Sorry am clueless about this stuff!

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I used audiko.net to make my own using my mp3 files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

use http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ to splice'n'dice your mp3's to rngtone size.

or if you want oldskool .midi ringtones i have a whole stack of them here

also if you keep your ringtone under a certain size (300k i think) you can send it to ppl via mms or email to your own phone if you use meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Creggy:

How much does that end up costing? It seems it's 10 euro per month for 10 different tones.. just wanted to check that there aren't any hidden charges there or anything!

Cheers!

And can you opt out but keep the ringtones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Zedge.net > Download one you like (they're all free of course) > Bluetooth/Cable over to your phone from the PC > Voilá

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Never ever EVER pay for ringtones. They are tottaly a rip off.

Wanna pay about 3 euro for a 30 second clip? Go ahead.

Do what Dankoozy said, or what rizzee said and use zedge. You can download most songs you want just by using google, I won't tell you what exactly to search but it aint too hard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

pog it wrote: »
    Creggy:

How much does that end up costing? It seems it's 10 euro per month for 10 different tones.. just wanted to check that there aren't any hidden charges there or anything!

Cheers!

And can you opt out but keep the ringtones?

It's 100% free. You Add your MP3 to site, edit the MP3 where you want the tone to start and end and then save in the format you want.

It's great for iPhone users because they allow you to save in iPhone format.

Advertisement