Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you still backing Rafa (LFC fans)?

• 26-10-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Its tough to measure the level of support for the Rafalution these days, so the result of this poll should be pretty conclusive... :p

Are you still behind Rafa at the helm of LFC?

Do you believe Rafa is the man for the job at LFC? 71 votes

Yes (LFC Fans)
    0% 0 votes
    No (LFC Fans)
    57% 41 votes
    This season is his last chance... (LFC Fans)
    5% 4 votes
    Yes (Other Supporters)
    8% 6 votes
    No (Other Supporters)
    28% 20 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Yeah from a non LFC fan. Even with the poor run, I can't see anyone else that will do the same job as Rafa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Oh sweet jesus another Liverpool related thread. I mean i know we are the most successful British side ever but this is getting silly now.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Oh sweet jesus another Liverpool related thread. I mean i know we are the most successful British side ever but this is getting silly now.:eek:

haha, yeah sorry bout that, but just wanted to gauge the support for rafa, looking pretty conclusive at the minute, contrary to what some people are saying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

no. Another year and (probablly) no EPL title. Bring in someone else and let them have a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd question the sanity of any Liverpool fan who would want to see Rafa sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Seems to be Liverpool fans starting these threads.

RasTa wrote: »
    Seems to be Liverpool fans starting these threads.

Liverpool Fans Creating LFC Related Forum Threads Shocker

Also in other news,
    Man. United fans discussing recent form while having "a few drinks" scandal.

thebhoy wrote: »
    Liverpool Fans Creating LFC Related Forum Threads Shocker

Also in other news,
    Man. United fans discussing recent form while having "a few drinks" scandal.

Well can't you just talk about it in your own superthread. You already have one seperate for transfers/squad etc.

Our recent form was also fine until the weekend with 10 wins out of 11 games so we aren't near the drink just yet. But you go ahead and overreact to a positive result.

Well can't you just talk about it in your own superthread. You already have one seperate for transfers/squad etc.

Did someone force you to open this thread?:confused: It pretty obvious from the title what it's about, if you don't care about it then don't open it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sometimes I have my doubts about Rafa, but then I think about the realistic possible replacements, and I realise that Rafa is the best man for the job.

• Advertisement

Did someone force you to open this thread?:confused: It pretty obvious from the title what it's about, if you don't care about it then don't open it.

Aren't we just talking about the same thing in the are you backing Rafa thread? Actually less discussion just numbers, don't see the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

as i've said similiarly in probably 3 other threads, he is the right man for the job at this moment.

if we don't win anything, and the manner of the not winning isn't promising, well then questions have to be asked. naturally.

anyone definitively saying he should be gone right now does need his/her head checked.

1) we can't afford it unless someone like Real comes in and takes him.

2) nobody worthy of the position is available imo.

3) he's still doing a very good job despite the run before the Utd game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Couldnt really be a worse time to ask this too - the day after you beat and outplayed your biggest rivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Keep him in the job, it's great to see Liverpool miss out on the EPL year in year out.

Aren't we just talking about the same thing in the are you backing Rafa thread? Actually less discussion just numbers, don't see the point.

opened this thread as an argument was developing in another thread on the amount of support from the fans that rafa still had. discussion threads are all well and good, but i started this just to find out the breakdown of his support. i apologise if that has offended you in any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The thread will be staying open, nobody is being forced to read it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Jaysus Rasta no need to cry about it, someone wants to gauge numbers, no big deal.

Anyway yes back Rafa to the hilt.

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Dante

It's funny how everyone is changing their colours now....

people doubting during a dodgy streak does not = Rafa out.

in fact i still have some doubt, but it doesn't mean i want him out.

• Advertisement

Hardly. I still don't think Rafa is good enough to win us the league, and I think we have slim chance of winning the league this year but LFC is in major trouble while the yanks are in charge. Rafa brings stability and will still get good results. Not to mention if Rafa left I think Torres and Gerrard wouldn't be far out the door. This is a time for stability, not sacking our manager to replace him with some inexperienced manager like Klinsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

It will all depend on the next few games!! The champions league is gone he needs a good few straight wins in the league if we have any chance!!

Hardly. I still don't think Rafa is good enough to win us the league, and I think we have slim chance of winning the league this year but LFC is in major trouble while the yanks are in charge. Rafa brings stability and will still get good results. Not to mention if Rafa left I think Torres and Gerrard wouldn't be far out the door. This is a time for stability, not sacking our manager to replace him with some inexperienced manager like Klinsman.

the correct answer :)

close thread/

Advertisement