Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec alarm silent set?

Options
  • 26-10-2009 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place to post this, if not, feel free to move it :)

Just moved into a new place (renting) with an Astec alarm fitted. There were no instructions left about the place, and I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to silent set it (as in when you are turning it on at night, with you inside the house, so that the 20sec countdown buzzer does not go off).
    Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Fiona

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

Fiii wrote: »
    Hope this is the right place to post this, if not, feel free to move it :)

Just moved into a new place (renting) with an Astec alarm fitted. There were no instructions left about the place, and I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to silent set it (as in when you are turning it on at night, with you inside the house, so that the 20sec countdown buzzer does not go off).
    Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Fiona

Hi Fiii,

As far as i know the only way to do this is in the eng mode of the astec alarm. If you have the eng code you can change command 54 to NO which enables instantly and silently partarm of the system.

The only other thing you can do but this might not suit you if you have a beam in the house is enter CLEAR, SET, FULL, FULL, CODE. What this does is set the full alarm instantly with no countdown timer.

Hope this helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

clear set part to part set and clear set full full to full set without timer, hope it makes sense :D

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

altor wrote: »
    Hi Fiii,

As far as i know the only way to do this is in the eng mode of the astec alarm. If you have the eng code you can change command 54 to NO which enables instantly and silently partarm of the system.

The only other thing you can do but this might not suit you if you have a beam in the house is enter CLEAR, SET, FULL, FULL, CODE. What this does is set the full alarm instantly with no countdown timer.

Hope this helps..

Cheers for that - the CLEAR, SET, FULL, FULL, CODE worked a treat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

Fiii wrote: »
    Cheers for that - the CLEAR, SET, FULL, FULL, CODE worked a treat. :)

Your welcome, always here to help..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Also Clear set part part gives you a timed part set .

• Advertisement
Advertisement