Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blowdry dilemma!

• 26-10-2009 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

I get my hair coloured and cut separately (different appointments with different hairdressers) on an 8 or 9 week cycle. I've always dreaded the hairdressers - for me its worse than going to the dentist. I think this might be because I've wavy hair and no hairdresser has ever left it as I like it. They either give me a blow dry that makes me look as if I'm going up for election as a FG TD or (in the past) they finger dry it into a afro. All the while I'm sitting in the chair fuming and longing to run away home to wash and dry myself. This was all bad enough in the past when it was just the misery of sitting there while my self image was assaulted. But now that blow drys cost so much it seems mad to be paying for something I'm going to run home and wash out.
    I like my colourist and pay high for him so recently I aksed could I just have my hair "dried off" as I was going to do it at home. although he said "yeah sure" I feel like a miser and going home with wet hair is no fun.
    Any advice out there? If you hate a "done" look what do you ask for after you've had your hair cut or coloured? Are you happy to spend a fortune to have your hair done when youre going to wash it the next day at the latest anyway!
    I do know this doesn't apply to loads of people out there who like nothing better than blow dried hair but surely there's someone else with my dilemma..........................................

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I have wavy hair, verging on curly and I feel your pain. I got tired of the hairdresser I used to go to constantly styling my hair in ways that I'd hate (even though I like the cut) as I'd inevitably have to restyle it when I went home. I eventually just started trying new salons until I found somewhere that I was happy with. Other than that the only thing I can suggest is telling them to dry it straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Thanks for the empathy!

What do you ask for in having it dried? Ive tried everything casual/messy/low key/calm curls/not high/ not done looking. and I come out looking like mary mcaleese everytime (oh god Im sorry I even said that).

Are there any hairdressers out there that can explain what I should be asking for if I just want my hair dried in a casual wavy kind of way? No curling tongs/no hours with the brush....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Thanks for the empathy!

What do you ask for in having it dried? Ive tried everything casual/messy/low key/calm curls/not high/ not done looking. and I come out looking like mary mcaleese everytime (oh god Im sorry I even said that).

Are there any hairdressers out there that can explain what I should be asking for if I just want my hair dried in a casual wavy kind of way? No curling tongs/no hours with the brush....

I just get them to blow dry it straight, it seems to go best that way. The best thing to do is bring a picture with you if you can find one of how your hair looks naturally. For some reason a lot of hairdressers, even when I go in with my hair naturally curly, dont seem to understand what my hair falls like naturally. I had a lovely experience once where my hair came out looking a bit like this when I tried to explain it was naturally wavy... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Might I just offer further sympathy! I've got naturally straight hair and no matter where I go I always end up coming out with hair that looks like a wig.

I always always always have to go home and do it myself before it looks sane. I've no idea how to get around it though!

Advertisement