Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ship off Lambay

Options
  • 26-10-2009 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Theres a fairly big Naval looking ship off the NE side of the island, its been there for about 3 days now. Anyone know what its doing out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 617

Hope we are being invaded by somebody nice with loads of money !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭sashasdad

was looking at it yesterday with a spotting scope, looks to me like a fisheries protection vessel taking shelter from the westerly winds.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It's probably there in connection with Live Surface to Air Firing Practices, Gormanston Air Defence Range. They stooge about up there quite a bit. Anything look familiar http://www.military.ie/naval/flotilla/index.htm ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Yeah Dyflin, all of them, because I havent gotten a good look at it, just what I can see with the naked eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭sashasdad

peacock class by the looks of it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Advertisement