Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rule of Rose / PS2

Options
  • 26-10-2009 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Sorry to make another new thread, I just wanted to know if anyone every played it, I heard it's banned in the UK, anyone know if it's true?
    "Rule of Rose (ルールオブローズ, Rūru obu Rōzu?) is a survial horror video game for PS2. The game was developed by Punchline and released in 2006.
    England, 1930, the plot revolves around a nineteen-year-old girl named Jennifer, who becomes trapped in a world ruled by young girls"
    It's been compared to Silent Hill and Haunting Ground.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sera wrote: »
    Sorry to make another new thread, I just wanted to know if anyone every played it, I heard it's banned in the UK, anyone know if it's true?
    "Rule of Rose (ルールオブローズ, Rūru obu Rōzu?) is a survial horror video game for PS2. The game was developed by Punchline and released in 2006.
    England, 1930, the plot revolves around a nineteen-year-old girl named Jennifer, who becomes trapped in a world ruled by young girls"
    It's been compared to Silent Hill and Haunting Ground.

Fixed your post.

I think it was refused a release in England by the publishing compan thanks to the **** stirrers at the daily mail. It's a bit of a shame it's not like the game was like manhunt with violence for the sake of violence. The game dealt with child abuse and supposedly handled the subject matter very intelligently in it's story. The problem with the game is I heard it's terrible to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Fixed your post.

I think it was refused a release in England by the publishing compan thanks to the **** stirrers at the daily mail. It's a bit of a shame it's not like the game was like manhunt with violence for the sake of violence. The game dealt with child abuse and supposedly handled the subject matter very intelligently in it's story. The problem with the game is I heard it's terrible to play.
    Oh thanks for fixing it : D
    OMG, they drive me mad, daily mail, grr.
    Was it child abuse? I didn't know what it was about, I didn't read up too much encase I would to spoil it lol.
    Terrible gameplay? yeah I heard that too, I was gonna get it from France, ^^ but thanks for letting me know the 411 yo hehe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well if you read what the daily mail had to say about it you wouldn't be spoiling anything because I'm pretty sure whoever was writing it had never played the game and new very little about it. It's pretty sad because how many films deal with a subject like child abuse and yet when it comes up in a videogame and the subject matter is handled well there's uproar? I think the biggest shame is the game not being very good since I heard the story really is rather good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Christ, i just read the wiki article there. Sounds pretty ****ed up alright. Wouldnt mind giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well if you read what the daily mail had to say about it you wouldn't be spoiling anything because I'm pretty sure whoever was writing it had never played the game and new very little about it. It's pretty sad because how many films deal with a subject like child abuse and yet when it comes up in a videogame and the subject matter is handled well there's uproar? I think the biggest shame is the game not being very good since I heard the story really is rather good.
    Oh I just ment the wiki page XD
    You know I think I might get it, just for the story, I heard the voices are in Jap, so I'm gonna buy it from France, change the subs, it's E16 at the moment (much cheaper then Kuon at least)
    Kiith wrote: »
    Christ, i just read the wiki article there. Sounds pretty ****ed up alright. Wouldnt mind giving it a go.
    The fact it's ****ed up makes me want to try it XD

• Advertisement
Advertisement