Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning question

Options
  • 26-10-2009 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

About 3 years ago I cleared a disused farmyard. It had the remains of a barn at the time. If I wanted to put up a barn\shed again do I need to apply for planning? I might put block around the bottom but the construction would be mainly Timber\metal frame and covered with cladding or galvanise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Depends on a few factors. Have a look at this first

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭choppermutt

I reckon I will fit in as Type 4

Type 4
    A store, barn, shed, glasshouse etc. not exceeding 300 square metres in floor
    area and not used for housing animals or storing effluent provided that the
    total floor area of all Type 3 structures within the farmyard complex (or 100
    metres of it) does not exceed 900 square metres;

not great with square metres............so 300 square meters would be around 3200 square feet .........right?- Thats huge!!!! Wont be any issues. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yeah, 300 m2 x 10.76 = 3228 ft2 which is what you said.

If its within the limits set out then you wont have any problems.

It is always good practice just to run this past your local Planning Department first.

Advertisement