Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what the hell!

Options
  • 26-10-2009 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

i live in an estate in carlow town and residents are dumping in the vacant piece of land just at the entrance of the estate! WTF are these scumbags thinkin dumpin right at their doorstep?? Over the past couple of weeks, a standard bonfire (wood pieces, pallets, tires, etc) has turned into a complete dumpsite of white and black plastic sacks, microwaves, computers, couchs...I moved down to Carlow from Kildare about two years ago but seriously regretting it now...I mean, do the people of Carlow have no regard for the cleanliness of their own town? Also, just up the road is a regular dumping ground for bottles and sacks of rubbish...
    I had to return a trolley that was left on the road back to Tesco and someone else dumped a matress on the path beside the road..

As soon as I can, I'm f**kin out of this kip of a town

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

which estate are you living in?
    If the bonfire looks dangerous, report it to the guards or fire service or maybe even a local politican.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

do the people of Carlow have no regard for the cleanliness of their own town?

Thanks for listening.

There are people in every part of the country that have no regard for anything but themselves.

Are you renting or do you own your property?

On the plus side you are up money after bringing back the trolley!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

There are people in every part of the country that have no regard for anything but themselves.

+1 to that.

Unfortaunately you'll always have those whom have little regard for themselves and are severly lacking in morals and a bit of self pride and basically dont give two s&^ts about where they dump or what they dump. Once they get rid of it thats all that matters. These same people would be perfectly happy tossing a black bag or two of rubbish out of a car somewhere in the countryside. For instance, when coming into Kildare and Dublin on the train I always have to laugh to see the pitiful site of the sides of the railway littered with rubbish that people have literally just walked down to there back garden and tossed there waste (everthing from garden furniture to household waste) over the fence!!!

Seriously though, have these people no pride? Not only is it an eye sore and a freekin' eye sore but its also a haven for rats and other vermin whom are about in droves this time of year!

Watch the Jeremy Kyle show, its full of 'em! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

i live in an estate in carlow town and residents are dumping in the vacant piece of land just at the entrance of the estate! WTF are these scumbags thinkin dumpin right at their doorstep?? Over the past couple of weeks, a standard bonfire (wood pieces, pallets, tires, etc) has turned into a complete dumpsite of white and black plastic sacks, microwaves, computers, couchs...I moved down to Carlow from Kildare about two years ago but seriously regretting it now...I mean, do the people of Carlow have no regard for the cleanliness of their own town? Also, just up the road is a regular dumping ground for bottles and sacks of rubbish...
    I had to return a trolley that was left on the road back to Tesco and someone else dumped a matress on the path beside the road..

As soon as I can, I'm f**kin out of this kip of a town

Thanks for listening.

Its not really the people of carlow town who are to blame as that is too general. Its certain individuals who have no respect for the place where they live. So much for not $h*tting on your own door step. Once they see a bonfire they think they have a right to use it as a refuse collection service. The council should look into it and bring those to court if they can attach blame to these ignorant individuals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Getting_fedup

ShayK1 - I think we'll have to leave the bonfire go ahead, otherwise it'll just be left there and continue to gather rubbish. I'd rather not say what estate it is as other people reading this thread may start heading up here to cast off their rubbish too.

I own the property and regarding the trolley....I didn't even get a euro back as it was broken!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

people who do this kind of thing and other anti-social activities add nothing to society and should not be allowed avail of any of the benefits(social welfare) or amienities of the society they have so little respect for! and i am including children in this as if parents cant/wont teach their kids about looking after and being proud of the town/villiage they live they should not be able to benefit either.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

I think i know where you are talkin about, i'd say if over 20% of the people livin there are orginal scallion ater's i'd be suprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Getting_fedup

Update to the situation...

Today about 7-8 bags of clothes were dumped right at the entrance of the estate...I'd hate to think that it was the people livin in the estate that dumped them, but that means that someone else has heard about the potential dumping site and gave it a go.

I'm going to call the council first thing tomorrow and get them to shift the rubbish and put up a no dumping sign (like that'll do anything)

I'd just love to catch someone in the act...

Advertisement