Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridges??

Options
  • 26-10-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Ever since I was a child, I have had recurring dreams about bridges, they could be shaky wooden foot ones, concrete, and even the bridges that open to let boats through. I'm terrified because I'm walking over the bridge and its sinking or cracking.

I cant remember any bad experience of a bridge when I was small, but the strange thing is that the area where the bridges are in my dreams, has no bridges, but they are now building one.
    Can anyone make sense of this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

I think you should pay special attention to what they are being made from and what feelings the area they are being built in raise for you. For example is this somewhere you have been before, does it hold happy memories? Is it somewhere you want to go? Is it a harsh, cold landscape? What is the weather like? Take information from every part of your dream.

Bridge; a connecting, transitional, or intermediate route or phase between two adjacent elements, activities, conditions, or the like: eg. 'Working at the hospital was a bridge between medical school and private practice. '

I think it's really interesting that the bridge keeps reappearing for you.
    I think a good thing to do would be to think about the condition of the bridge in the dream and realize that this (in my opinion) represents your attitude to the 'road you are crossing' - ie, you said some bridges have been rickety, others have been cement....

A rickety bridge for example says to me that you had something going on at the time that was effecting you emotionally and physically - crossing a rickety bridge takes it out of you in both senses and suggests to me that you were in an ongoing situation in which you were approaching with caution - or perhaps avoiding. a situation where you didn't have much control, were unsure of how it would turn out, and that you in a sense had to take a leap of faith to cross this bridge even though it was a bit of a challenge.

I hope this is of some help?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

I found reading your thread so strange, as it really connects with me.

All throughout my childhood, for years I was constantly dreaming about, driving off bridges, falling off bridges, being thrown off bridges, basically anyway you could get off a bridge I dreamt about it.

And now, Im 23 and I have a fear of bridges, (yes it may sound funny to people but not to me)

I Just had to comment when I saw your thread, I have never found out what caused any of these dreams I had....it would be interesting to find out though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Thank you very much for your reply, it is very interesting. Next time I have it Im going to focus on what is going on in my life at the time.

Advertisement