Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who books bands for UL?

Options
  • 26-10-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi.
    I'm in a band and we are looking for a contact in UL,
    someone that books gigs etc...
    If anyone can help that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've deleted the advertising blurb as, with all due respect, it's got sod-all to do with your question.

Phone the main Students' Union number at 061-202324 and ask to be put through to the Campaigns & Services officer. Alternatively you can find direct contact details (I assume) at www.ulsu.ie. That's the guy that deals with the external hired company (currently 8-ball promotions & media) that books the bands for student gigs. The college bars frequently book their own acts - you'll either get that detail from the SU's CSO (already mentioned) or by phoning them directly to enquire.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Frank Ryan Jr

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Alternatively get in touch with the UL Music Society.

They often put on Gigs in and around UL and are good at giving new acts a chance to play.

P.M me if you want a phone number for them!

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Frank Ryan Jr

Hi Alan.
    Thanks for helpin out.
    Id like to know who to contact for gigs in UL or thereabouts.
    Thanks - Frank.

I've tried to send a PM
    but Im not allowed!?

My mobile number is <snip> Not a good idea to post your mobile number on a public forum.</snip>
    if you could text it on that would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Grand Job,
    I'll pass on your relevant info to the music soc...Oh wait your phone number got snipped!

P.M it my way!

Alan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

IIRC, PMs are restricted for people with less than 25 posts or so.

As I can see the original post (posting phone numbers here is a no-no), I'll pass it on to you by PM Alan. Annoying at times but it's to counteract PM spamming, which was a problem before the restriction. Anyhoo I'll pass on the number and the details from above.

(edit: Sent. I also included the blurb from the original message)

Advertisement