Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Crime Capitals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Kess73 wrote: »
    If it is any help to you, TV3 do a catch up on their site where you can watch shows after they have been broadcast.

Thanks for the info, but I want to send it to my sister (she has no internet)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The programme offered up nothing new. Gilligan proved once again what an utter plonker he is with his cliche ridden sound bytes. I thought Alan Hannon & Steve Collins emerged with the most decency from the programme, really empathised with the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

since the majority of the program used the score for The Dark Knight as its backing music, turns out we really are turning in Gotham City :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

As other posters mentioned......
    we need a Batman.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Wasnt the worst of its kind, with the exception of the Batman music (cmon now did he think we wouldnt notice?) and getting the cameras on Southill to make it look like Afghanistan.
    In fairness he included some decent stuff about the gym, etc.

MacIntyre is capable of so much more though, he obviously chickened out for this one(probably rightly so).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

where did they find the 2 guys with the yellow moped, pure stupid schit showing them all night,

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

wylo wrote: »

MacIntyre is capable of so much more though, he obviously chickened out for this one(probably rightly so).

Been going downhill for some time now. His work with the Chelsea Headhunters was great viewing, last night was just the same old ding dong that everyone knows already.

Was watching him in Washington DC last week and that was petty poor aswell. He made a big deal about being able to buy guns (in a country where its legal :rolleyes:) and the fact there was brothels and prostitutes a few blocks from the White House.

Iv been a few times and felt very safe all the time there, he painted a completly different picture though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Catchup for anyone who missed it:

http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=crimecapitals

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭k974

you can only watch that in ireland, anyway watching it on the internet when your outside of ireland. thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Iv been a few times and felt very safe all the time there[Washington], he painted a completly different picture though.

Sounds like another town I know! :D
    A lot of these places with a 'reputation' actually having a shockingly mundane day-to-day existence. I remember being taken aback on my first trip to Belfast at just how normal everything looked. The news prepares you for some kind of utter warzone.

Hard to convince outsiders that Limerick is cool. Can't blame 'em though - what else do they hear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

They are all on youtube now, in 5 parts. Here's part 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Catchup for anyone who missed it:

http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=crimecapitals

Thats mad, the intro would scare the pants off anyone! the music totally makes it! if i didnt live in Limerick i would be totally against the place from this video and from the overhype of the media, mad to see how a documentary can make a place seem completely sh!te when its not as bad as portrayed in reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

i cant undestarnd why anyone has a problem with this programme? It was Limerick people talking about Limerick problems, it was all real and genuine and none of it was BS told by outsiders etc.....there was nothing fake about it, and as I said, all the contributors were local....where is the problem? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Theres an article in the Leader about complaints about the show.
    A mention about the clip where the scumbags pulling at the car was not actually Limerick but
    Dublin.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

A friend of mine is after ringing me on his way to the train station and apparently there is after being war on upper william st in the past hour, a large scale disturbance and there are a number of squad cars, fire brigades etc on the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    A friend of mine is after ringing me on his way to the train station and apparently there is after being war on upper william st in the past hour, a large scale disturbance and there are a number of squad cars, fire brigades etc on the scene.

Not to worry man, i am sure the usuals will be on here saying how William St isnt City Centre, no innocents were anywhere nearby, and this happens in every town in ireland :rolleyes:

Liam79 wrote: »
    Not to worry man, i am sure the usuals will be on here saying how William St isnt City Centre, no innocents were anywhere nearby, and this happens in every town in ireland :rolleyes:

I'm sure they will.

Apparently there seemed to an injured man inside the chemist and a crowd of people trying to get at him. My mate was running late for the train though and unfortunately couldn't stay around to continue his live report.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Someone was stabbed unfortuneately

BravoMike wrote: »
    Someone was stabbed unfortuneately

How do we know it was unfortunate. Maybe he deserved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Saw a load of commotion around 3.50pm. Squad cars all over the place.

Oh and I don't see what all the fuss is about regarding Ireland Crime Capitals.

Sure there was one or two minor inaccuracies but the reality is that it could have been a LOT worse.

I see Kevin Kiely was outraged over the footage of kids jumping on the roof of a burnt out car because the footage in question was filmed in Dublin. What a plonker, I have personlly seen kids do this on numerous occasions in Limerick. Kiely must walk around Thomondgate looking at the sky. :rolleyes:

EDIT: McIntyre should have used this footage from Thomondgate to keep Kiely happy -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FzckA1mS6k

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

How do we know it was unfortunate. Maybe he deserved it.

Having just watched the film In Bruges, I find myself asking the question, is it right that anyone can say that violent revenge is deserved? It's not a constructive solution to a problem anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

A man has been stabbed after a row between rival gangs in Limerick city centre.

The incident happened when the two gangs confronted each other on William Street at 4pm this afternoon.

It's believed baseball bats and other weapons were used.

A man in his 20s was stabbed and taken to the Mid-Western Regional Hospital where his condition is said to be stable.

Gardaí at Henry Street are appealing for witnesses.

Source: - http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-stabbed-in-limerick-gangs-row-432808.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

weird, I drove up william street at about 4.20 and there wasnt a sign of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Liam79 wrote: »

Well, considering that it was a row between rival gangs and [it sounds like] the guy stabbed was in one of them, it looks like you were spot-on!

Now if only we could get them ALL to stab each other, and then arrest the last man standing........then we'd have a great city without having to listen to how these scum drag us all down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Ill give ye a hint to who it was.........

Its not the first time he was attacked on a public street in the city........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

john_cappa wrote: »
    Ill give ye a hint to who it was.........

Its not the first time he was attacked on a public street in the city........

so you've ruled out 50% of the population of Limerick...any more details?

according to limerick newswire it was a row between two families

http://www.limericknewswire.com/

The last time it was a gun attack in the city centre in broad day light......

john_cappa wrote: »
    The last time it was a gun attack in the city centre in broad day light......

was the shooter an arab that time?

• Advertisement

mike kelly wrote: »
    was the shooter an arab that time?

no idea! cant remember

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement