Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't think i'll be back to Kettle of Fish in a hurry....

Options
  • 26-10-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

4 of us went into KOF the yesterday and all sat down. Friend ordered Cod n' Chips, then myself and a friend ordered a battered sausage each.

Anyway, our food arrives and we eat it. Obviously battered sausages were gone quickly.

Then the worker drops down a cod n' chips and put's it on my plate. I'm p1ssed and say nothing, but thought 'fair is fair' and it's obviously *someones* order so i'll just leave it there for a minute, if after a while he doesn't come back then feckit, i'm digging in (I was after a feed of pints, no way I was turning down free food) - so after about 4 mins I start tucking in. Then the guy comes down (to take back the food I thought) but to my amazment puts a Chicken Burger n' Chips infront of the GF. By now i'd poked a bit at the fish and dug my hands into the chips, when the GF can't take the guilt and says "We didn't order this" - So the worker says nothing (obv. embarrassed) and takes the food back.

Then a guy comes in, who had obviously ordered what was put infront of us, but for takeaway. By now the worker has the food back behind the counter. Guess what he does next? ... He fecks the chips back into the tray thing (chips that i'd had a nice go at with my hands) and proceeds to put the cod into a takeaway carton for the customer (again that i'd had a bit of a poke at). The chicken burger n' chips hadn't been touched, and he proceeds to do the same with this (puts it into a carton). The customer was none the wiser, and tbh I was just in shock and said nothing.

Yeah, yeah i'm a fool for saying nothing at the time, but remember were were all after a feed of drinks and just bust our arses laughing. Looking back now and i'm like :eek:

Fair enough the chicken burger n' chips wasn't touched by us, but I was in shock that the worker gave it to another customer. If I was the worker i'd have just left the food to us, it was his mistake afterall. Even if he offered us the 2 meals for the price of 1 we'd have taken it and at least the cost of making the food would have been covered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I thought those chips tasted a bit greasy alright!! :eek: :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Zzippy wrote: »
    I thought those chips tasted a bit greasy alright!! :eek: :D:p

"I didn't ask for Mayo on these chips" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Why would you start tucking into someone elses food?

Why would you start tucking into someone elses food?

We're in a recession - in a few months i'll probably gladly stab you for *your* food :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

John, for eating someone elses food, go to confession!

I can't believe they did that with the food though. Imagine what they do when people aren't watching!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Des Hynes

Is there any post not monetary related John?

Des Hynes wrote: »
    Is there any post not monetary related John?

Yes, I started a thread about your oul' one in AH...

Oh wait, that was monetary related... b1tch charged me 5 dollah

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok we'll leave it there.
    Thanks for the restaurant review

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement