Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to get the swine flu jab??

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

mood wrote: »
    ixoy this is not the regular flu. It is killing people the the regular flu doesn't.

The regular flu normally only kills the very old/ill/frail. The swine flu is killing healthy people.

Compare the Swine flu vs. seasonal flu. According to CDC statistics, swine flu is only approximately one-ninth as dangerous as regular seasonal flu. That's because the CDC maintains that seasonal flu kills 36,000 Americans each year (a figure that I've already pointed out is highly suspect, but that's what they claim) compared to 4000 by H1N1

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

No.

To the vaccine that is.

I am in an age category, but have M.E badly and of long standing. Spending most of many days in bed.

And made the decision many years ago not to get any vaccinations.

There are too many unknown quantities all round.

Just read this also now.....
    Which I knew already.

http://niceguidelines.blogspot.com/2009/12/swine-flu-vaccine-and-mecfs.html

After contact with swine flu I had a fairly mild flu; the heavy cold/cough I am recovering from at present has been and is far worse

The media hype is appalling. I was trading at a market last week. When I sneezed the whole area cleared. As someone said, I don't have the plague or leprosy

And am totally at peace with my own decision.

NB if you read the other thread some have had bad reactions to the vaccine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Not a chance I'm getting that jab.
    I already had swine flu and without underlying health problems its a joke flu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Then your input in this thread has been quite pointless :)

Not sure who you mean by this? A question was asked, and we said yes or no..

Interestingly my "invitation" to get the vaccination arrived today; it is very emotive.
    mike65 wrote: »
    Then your input in this thread has been quite pointless :)

• Advertisement

The poster has already had it and doesn't have an underlying condition - thus failing the two criteria for useful input in this thread as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pidgion

i have a lot of under lying problems aswell and to be honest no way am i going to get something that the W.H.O them selfs are not happy with the time period for side affects has not been justified and my own gp who i think highly of said that there are more common colds /flu that are probably much worse than the swine flu that its been blown out of all proportion basically take paracetamol and vitamin c ?

Its your lookout, just remember everyone who has died in this country so far has had a chronic medical condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Again, my mother got her swine flu jab the first week in November (think that's when it came out) and she's been fine apart from a sore arm for a week after.
    She has chronic rheumatoid arthritis, reynaulds disease, fibromyalgia in her chest, to name the main ones.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its your lookout, just remember everyone who has died in this country so far has had a chronic medical condition.

2 of the 22 deaths in the Irish Republic thus far have not had an underlying medical condition and a further 1 had no underlying condition other than pregnancy.

S.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, odds are still poor enough!.

But the question is left very open?

And there will come a time when the vaccine is offered to everyone, so this is very relevant.

There have been cases of bad reactions; see the Irish heath forums.
    The poster has already had it and doesn't have an underlying condition - thus failing the two criteria for useful input in this thread as far as I can see

That is my awareness also. Even on this thread there is so much conflicting information.

The heavy cold and cough I am fighting just now is worse than the mild flu earlier.
    pidgion wrote: »
    i have a lot of under lying problems aswell and to be honest no way am i going to get something that the W.H.O them selfs are not happy with the time period for side affects has not been justified and my own gp who i think highly of said that there are more common colds /flu that are probably much worse than the swine flu that its been blown out of all proportion basically take paracetamol and vitamin c ?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

I am not getting the jab, no one can tell me there will be no long term damage and anyway, 22 people out of 4 million dying in a so called "Pandemic" just doesn't cut it with me! How many people die from the "Ordinary" flu every year? I only know 1 person who came down with swine flu....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

mod edit

conspiracy theory crap and sensationalism, as well as personal slurs removed

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Sensationalism & personal slurs.... I think not, not my post anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Sensationalism & personal slurs.... I think not, not my post anyway!

exactly, whivh is why your post wasn't edited for those reasons.

it was edited for conspoiracy theory stuff. there's a whole other forum for that.

the poster after you however, had their post edited for the reasons mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 budgie1984

not gonna bother with it, had the swine flu before christmas and ended up in isolation in st james because of it for 4 days. Its not as bad as its made out to be, im 25 and have been on immunosuppresent medication since i was 7 because of a blood disorder called autoimmune haemolytic anemia, and i was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis when i was 20 which is the same as the other disorder except in the first case my immune system creates antibodies that attack my blood cells whereas lately they started attacking my liver. if i got it with my underlying conditions and was ok any normal healthy person should be fine.

also i read that the vaccine has links to bullian gard sydrome or something which is an autoimmune disorder where antibodies attack your nerve cells

Advertisement