Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haveto get out of here

Options
  • 26-10-2009 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi

I am a fully qualified electrician looking to emigrate as i haven't been able to find steady work in over a year and am looking to emigrate with the savings i have left which country would be best i hear oz has no work and the usa is 2 hard to get a visa it seems everywhere has 2 sides so im lookin for advise from anyone who can give it to me theres 2 many countries to choose from

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sullie86

hey youngshooter

im an electrician in same position as yourself but im heading to canada in december seems to be plenty of work over there for sparks. i just got a visa off usit and you pay for flights and insurance then whole lot costs about €1500 - 2000 and i reckon the next batch of visas will be on sale within about 6 weeks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Have a look at the sticky at the top. It also depends on what visa you are after. Better off asking there and looking at back at the thread. You will not be the first person to be thinking of going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Western Oz is having another boom and tradies are in demand again.
    Have a look at jobs there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I'm an electrician in Perth at the minute. things are definitely starting to pick up at the minute here. If you decide to come out here do some research on getting your electrical licence here. Some people come here thinking its just a matter of doing an exam. I've yet to meet anyone that got it within the first 6 months they were here. Its very hard to get a job without it. Some companies will take you on without it but most won't. There is a quicker way to do it but its more costly. All in all it probably cost me over $2000 to get mine. These are the things I wasn't told before I came out!! Have a look at www.britishexpats.com for more info. As far as I know Canada is much the same. Fas qualifications are only recognised in Ireland.

Advertisement