Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Origins Question

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sarn wrote: »
    There is a chest available for your camp.

Storage chest

I installed it into my game the other day, no problems so far.

Nuts im playing on xbox :mad:

Seems paying for the dlc is the only way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Zippacat

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding DLC on the PS3. I'm looking to buy the dragon age origins ultimate edition on PS3. From what I've read, when you first play the game you need to download each DLC expansion via PSN.

My question is if I buy the american version of the game (im buying from a US store as it works out cheaper) will i be able to access the DLC as i have a European PSN account? Or will i be unable to download the DLC expansions as it's an american version? I know the game itself will work as its region free but I'm unsure about the DLC. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think it's on disc but you'll have to connect once to authorizes it.

Not English but you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Sorry to jack this thread but seeing as it's already been revived, this is quicker than starting a new thread.

I'm having a problem with DLC on DA:O for PS3. Every time I've tried to play it in the last few days I've gotten a message at the main menu stating,
    The following downloadable content is corrupt and cannot be used. Please re-download and try again.
    (Unknown downloadable content)

I am re-downloading right now for the third time. The first two times still left corrupt DLC. I have tried deleting the game data completely and re-installing it. I've also tried disconnecting my modem for two minutes, which is apparently a "troubleshooting method" from EA Support. Not sure what that was supposed to do:confused:

Anyone experienced this or know how I can fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Zippacat

Varik wrote: »
    I think it's on disc but you'll have to connect once to authorizes it.

Not English but you get the idea.

Thanks! So it looks like it should be fine to buy the American edition for a European account.

• Advertisement

Zippacat wrote: »
    Thanks! So it looks like it should be fine to buy the American edition for a European account.

You won't have to download anything but i'm not sure about different accounts to teh region the DLC was for.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

AAAAAH, ZOMBIE!
    Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Sorry to jack this thread but seeing as it's already been revived, this is quicker than starting a new thread

How exactly would this be faster?

Zillah wrote: »
    AAAAAH, ZOMBIE!

How exactly would this be faster?

Thread's already there. I suppose "easier" would have been a better word than "quicker".

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Sorry to jack this thread but seeing as it's already been revived, this is quicker than starting a new thread.

I'm having a problem with DLC on DA:O for PS3. Every time I've tried to play it in the last few days I've gotten a message at the main menu stating,

I am re-downloading right now for the third time. The first two times still left corrupt DLC. I have tried deleting the game data completely and re-installing it. I've also tried disconnecting my modem for two minutes, which is apparently a "troubleshooting method" from EA Support. Not sure what that was supposed to do:confused:

Anyone experienced this or know how I can fix it?

If your using a standalone modem then it may or may not have a firewall built in, if it does try and disable SPI but re-enable it after the download.

Varik wrote: »
    If your using a standalone modem then it may or may not have a firewall built in, if it does try and disable SPI but re-enable it after the download.

Thanks but the third re-download seems to have sorted it. Still a complete pain in the ass downloading what must be 5-10GB of DLC three times though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement