Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Tool song?

Options
  • 26-10-2009 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

For me its Vicarious without a doubt atm. The melody soars and the lyrics are just so apocalyptically epic. I've been listen to this song over and over again, there are other songs I like by them but this one is just mindblowing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Ah it's been a few years since I've been big on the oul' Tool but I can still remember how great that song is :D

I'd have to say either Lateralus or Third Eye. Lateralus is just such a well executed song and it goes through alot of changes, from the laid back intro to the awesome main riff and chorus, the beautiful clean interlude and the brilliant outro. Just all round awesome.

Same sort of thing for Third Eye, but it's quite a weird song overall. I find it has a very experimental sound in it's structure.

And of course the lyrics for each just add another layer of greatness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

havent been into tool for ages! I remember lateralus and vicarious. Also liked the whole 10,000 days album. Im more of a casual fan than a diehard though so i dunno how much my opinion counts for them :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PretentiousApe

Hmmm... I couldn't really filter it down to one song.

It'd be between Pu**** (The live Salival version), Intolerance, and Reflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

<---- should really be my answer but instead I'm going to go for The Patient. Doesn't jump out at you first but grows over time, great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

46 & 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Prob 'prison sex' at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

i've been listening to Parabola alot recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

im a big fan of stinkfist and the grudge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Eulogy and Aenima would get my votes:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kered75

Stinkfist is an amazing song,but have to go for Prison Sex as it was what got me into them although haven't listed to them in ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

they're all brilliant.

ok maybe not LAMC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

they're all brilliant.

ok maybe not LAMC.

Maynard's dick is good though...

What about ions (-)?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Great thread - haven't listened to tool in ages.

If it had to be one I'd probably pick "Lateralus". I don't know why but that track really plays tricks with my mind. Stunning track on a stunning album. I wasn't so hot on 10,000 Days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I always loved listening to Third Eye even if it's not as good as the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PretentiousApe

Schism wrote: »
    <---- should really be my answer but instead I'm going to go for The Patient. Doesn't jump out at you first but grows over time, great song.

Yeah, you're listening to Lateralus as a whole at first, then you start to notice the songs that really stick out. The Patient is great, really grows on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

always loved their cover of no quarter..

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

cant pick a favourite

Right in Two
    H
    Lateralus (did ye know that its in tune with the fibernachi sequence)
    Aneima
    Third Eye Live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Awh I love nearly all the one's mentioned. There's just too many :D

Forty Six & 2, Stinkfist, Eulogy,Lateralus,Aenima,The Patient. They're all so so great. 2 crackers of albums.

If I had to pick one at this very second I'd go for Eulogy.
    Never really got into Undertow or earlier as much. Although Sober is an excellent song.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm not a huge Tool fan but some of their stuff is excellent. My favourite song is probably Sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

They have so many great songs. I'd pick Ticks & Leeches for it's awesome drumming. Other favs include Sober, Eulogy, The Grudge, Lateralus and, well, many more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chaosangel

pu**** being one of my all time favourite tunes
    ticks and leaches
    and then hooker with a penis
    all brilliant

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I love Parabol/Parabola. Genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Elevelyn wrote: »
    Lateralus (did ye know that its in tune with the fibernachi sequence)

It's a nice idea and it's almost correct but it breaks the sequence quite a lot. Still a fantastic song though.

To add to the topic myself, I;d had to go with Eulogy, the patient and Parabol/Parabola. Jambi is growing on me too, one of the few good things on 10,000 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Stinkfist, H or Vicarious for me. Haven't listened to Tool for ages, must pop some on later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I have to say Push It(Salival version is unreal) I was close to tears when i heard it live in SFX yrs ago.

Also Opiate is a great song too and hearing it live at Toolfest(formally known as ozzfest ha ha) way back in the day was a treat of great proportions!!

HAve since lost Salival somehwhere, time for a download me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

Reflection is a great track that's often skipped past. Also Intolerance, the first track off Undertow. Used love H too, with the mirror guitar and bass in the verses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TheViking

There is no way I can pick one or two songs.
    Tool are epic artists.

Fingers crossed for a new album and tour in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    They have so many great songs. I'd pick Ticks & Leeches for it's awesome drumming. Other favs include Sober, Eulogy, The Grudge, Lateralus and, well, many more

How could I have forgotten Ticks and Leeches! What a song. The drumming is awesome alright. And that's one powerful song. I love the quiet break in the middle of it too.

Also Hooker with a Penis is brilliant, so angry! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Stinkfish for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

46&2

Advertisement