Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Arch Hotel Trim

Options
  • 26-10-2009 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if theres anyone on here thats been to a wedding in this hotel?
    Planning on putting deposit down in a few weeks and there's not much feedback on the web.

I really loved it as a venue apart from the car park which is a bit of an eyesore but all the staff seemed very nice and helpful.

Also we went ar*eways about getting there the last time from M1 through Slane, What would be best and most direct route to take for guests at the wedding if they were coming from Glasnevin/Collins Ave area of Dublin?

Thanks A Million
    suzie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Never been to a wedding there but for a route - Suggest taking the N3 and watch for the signs. At what was the black bull junction (now roundabout for Ratoath / Trim / Dunshaughlin - Navan) follow the sign for Trim. Straight road into town (allow about 25 mins between black bull junction / roundabout and Trim). Travel as far as the roundabout at the outskirts of the town where it joins the ring road - you will see the castle in front of you, Take the first exit off this roundabout. Travel up to the next roundabout and take the third exit (you're travelling to your right). About maybe a quarter of a mile down this road is the Castle Arch. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭annon123

Hey, other poster is correct,coming from Glasnevin,head for the N3. It's pretty straightforward. Follow the N3 past blanch, you will leave the dual carriageway and at the second roundabout turn left.Its about 20 minutes then from there.
    Regarding weddings there, i was at a cousin's wedding and i really enjoyed it. The room was a perfect size for all his guests. I think 150-200. Food was grand. Nothing to write home about but there were def no complaints. Only thing was timing. Dinner was quite drawn out, but perhaps that was speeches or something making it seem longer. The hotel also had plenty of good room rates for guests and from what i hear( i didnt make it down to breakfast) the breakfast the next morning was lovely.
    hope you find your perfect venue

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Great thanks an cat dubh,will save me from going the long way next time!

Thanks for your review of the wedding also,I've eaten there and enjoyed the food so that side of it I'm okay with-I just dont want my guests complaining and bitching that the hotel is horrible looking- we love it but the entrance really lets it down and thats the first thing people see so mite try to sort something out there if I can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Meathgirl

My brother is a manager there! Its a great place! He'll look after you well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

The Castle Arch Hotel is easily the best hotel in Trim. Its true from the outside it looks dissapointing and does not appear to offer the photo opportunities of the others . However the Castle is a public monument and anyone can go there to take their wedding photos and it is only a 3 minute walk away. Inside the Castel Arch is spotless , modern and comfortable. I have been going into the Castle Arch for several years now and the service and the menu are top class. They give value for money and the staff are unbelievably friendly and helpful. I have never had a bad meal here or a bad experience. I would recommend it as a wedding venue , it is warm , intimate and friendly not cold , insincere or like a factory canteen. Its the experience and the day the people remember not the posed pictures in the sealed box in the attic. I was in the Castle Arch one day and speaking to the boss. When he finished his drink he brought his glass to the counter and handed to the young barman and it is this sort of decency which marks the Castle Arch. No bosses dirty mud splattered Merc blocking the entrance , only a genuine welcoming smile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

The Castle Arch Hotel is easily the best hotel in Trim. .

I had to answer this in fairness to the people working in the other hotels in Trim.

I beg to differ with you. In my opinion the Castle Arch is not "easily the best hotel in Trim". I am from Trim and have been in all 3 hotels many times and each of them have very good qualities.

Castle Arch is a good basic hotel and does a very good carvery lunch. However, i have been at 3 40th birthdays there in the last year and the food was only ok to fair on two of those occasions. Also not enough food served to the tables on one of the occasions.

Knightsbrook is at a different level to Castle Arch in terms of facilities. I was at a wedding there and it was faultless. Their sunday lunch is simply amazing. Good pool and spa that are now good cvalue to join.

I like Trim Castle Hotel also, had some good meals there and was at a number of dinner dances there and also an 80th birthday in which the food was superb. Lovely lobby and, though I didnt like the prospect originally, I think it is in a great location.

I am not saying that Castle Arch would not be a good venue for a wedding but for the poster named inconfidence to make such a statement is very surprising. I also note that this particular poster is sitting on the sum total of...1 post!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

I too live in Trim and have been a member of the Knightsbrook Leisure Club and Gym . I have also been to Trim Castle Hotel on ocassion. I still say the Castle Arch is streets ahead of both. It has charm and character and personality. I did not knock the other hotels in Trim it's not their fault they are not as good. The Castle Arch is in the second divison , they try harder and have warmth. Sometimes the players in the Second Division are better than those at the bottom of the First Divison. I happen to know a little about hotels as once upon a time I was a hotel manager. I left the indusrty because the wages were carp and teh hours were horrific .

Why id Dixiechick need to draw attention to it being my first post. Does him or her feel my opinion is any less valuable because I dont waflle everyday on boards.ie. Does Dixiefly think their opinion is any better because they have something to say about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

No, my opinion isnt any better and I dont mean that at all. However, some people do register on here and post on a particular topic and that is it, one post.
    This could be because they have a vested interest in the particular topic and post on it and get the point across and that's it. From what you have written here I would fully accept that this doesnt describe yourself so dont take any offence regarding that.

I would still say that while I agree that the Castle Arch is a lovely cosy hotel with good staff and lovely / good value food, it is not "easily the best hotel in Trim". I would certainly recommend it just as I would the other two hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Speaking as someone who had their reception in Knightsbrook earlier this year, i can highly recommend that hotel, the only thing it lacked for me was the grand entrance, instead of coming up through the estates. That being said once you get it, the place is immaculate and the service second to none.

Also i've no doubt the Castle Arch is a fine hotel as its owned by the same group and has been doing weddings for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The Castle Arch certainly pulled its socks up once the competition came in from the Knightsbrook and Trim Castle Hotel. It's wonderful to have 3 such fantastic venues in the town. Looking at the 3 overall though the Castle Arch would be in a good 3rd place

• Advertisement
Advertisement