Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Photo Part XVI. DO NOT QUOTE PHOTOS & Photo Size < 800px PLEASE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

E523259C5900433A96A27C46E1ADF7AE-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Cosmo K wrote: »
    Galway docks last night:

Do you need a polarising filter to get reflections that clear or just the right conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

A688A6DC7A8246C28C19FF968A4EFEE3-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Do you need a polarising filter to get reflections that clear or just the right conditions.

I didn't use a polarizer, in fact, I don't even have one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

4089584238_19da8b2119_b.jpg

Taken today at the rock of dunamase, bloody freezin :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

D15A06B23D5C4DFD869A8C487C3004EB-500.jpg

yashica half frame and fuji film

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Winter's coming in.

4072417411_29b856619c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

4087903476_b02ce9b67b.jpg

OK the last one I'll post from Saturday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/liamandagnieszka/4087903476

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Snap Happy

kateos2 wrote: »
    Went out with the camera for the first time in far too long today

Kate love your photo's & was delighted to see your using the D40. So now I know I can really put mine to use and learn and then get some really good stuff from mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

Autumn colour
    IMG_5544.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

OK the last one I'll post from Saturday.

Would you mind sharing what PP you've done if any please? Really like the look of the photo, and the isolation of the subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

4076310722_c426b75264.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

another two from yesterday

4086094371_3c59b151b8.jpg

4086819652_8a73b562b4.jpg

Would you mind sharing what PP you've done if any please? Really like the look of the photo, and the isolation of the subject!

Sure thing, you might be disappointed though as it as nothing too fancy! I used the Direct Positive preset from Lightroom 2. Applied some Vignetting and adjusted the midpoint. After that I removed a sheet/drape that was above the statues head. I would have liked to have kept it but it was showing reflections from the glass it was behind. Final thing then was just to crop the picture as there was alot of dead space left after removing the sheet/drape.

I can send you the original unaltered image by PM if you'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Statue man...

33068E4FB0C84CCDAAF14D918CBF814C-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Sure thing, you might be disappointed though as it as nothing too fancy! I used the Direct Positive preset from Lightroom 2. Applied some Vignetting and adjusted the midpoint. After that I removed a sheet/drape that was above the statues head. I would have liked to have kept it but it was showing reflections from the glass it was behind. Final thing then was just to crop the picture as there was alot of dead space left after removing the sheet/drape.

I can send you the original unaltered image by PM if you'd like.

No, no we didn't. We spent half the afternoon looking for suitable models which were statuesque and settled on that one courtney with someone called kurt. We then found an abandoned church which was suitably quiet enough and set up the session more or less as David LaChapelle did (inspired by the guy too) *

:D

(Heck Liam, that was your queue to claim extreme greatness with your name alongside La Chapelle etc..., etc... Did you listen to nothing I said on Saturday about telling versions of the truth ;) ).

* The above statements may be 100% wholely inaccurate and the reader should not think them to be truthful in any shape or form. In fact just refer back to Liam's post for the real detail. I did however like my version of events much better than his :p

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

4090152830_c54956a1af.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Koushki

4090216952_3618945ff3_o.jpg

shana2.jpg

@Koushki...you edited your post but had mentioned about the borders showing and being embarrassed about the faux pas. I don't know much about digital but would those edges/borders not be intended if the still is originally digital but styled to look like medium format? As said, I know nada about digital so I was just confused as to the process applied and for what purpose? I like the rough film like edges.

543D1B5187EA410CB0DADA0534FE2027-500.jpg

xg2 and fuji film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Hasn't photos of people jumping in the air and overprocessing them been done to death on here the past year or two?

pete4130 wrote: »
    Hasn't photos of people jumping in the air and overprocessing them been done to death on here the past year or two?

Is the pic processed to look like that or does it come out looking like that? I know that may seem a daft question but I always thought digital came out...cleaner looking?
    Has that pic gone through processing to look like that? (I'm not passing judgement either way...just very curious).

It is a digital image though isn't it? It doesn't look like film...could be wrong, but it just doesn't look like film so took it that it was a digital image.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Did you listen to nothing I said on Saturday about telling versions of the truth ;)

Damnit, it must have went in one ear and out the other. I was clearly walking around in awe all day that you can shoot B+W and I can't. Awe I tells you, awe! :eek:

pete4130 wrote: »

yeah so what?
    i like it.

humberklog wrote: »
    Is the pic processed to look like that or does it come out looking like that? I know that may seem a daft question but I always thought digital came out...cleaner looking?
    Has that pic gone through processing to look like that? (I'm not passing judgement either way...just very curious).

It is a digital image though isn't it? It doesn't look like film...could be wrong, but it just doesn't look like film so took it that it was a digital image.

Yes i processed the photo to look like that, all i did was turn it black and white and put that texture over it.
    I really like the way it turned out. I don't really care if people think it's over done, I'm proud of it, and i love my photographs.

I am working alot on film atm because of college, I can upload a film one if people rather see that then my photoshop buzz. (I only just learnt how to use it)

Koushki wrote: »
    Yes i processed the photo to look like that, all i did was turn it black and white and put that texture over it.
    I really like the way it turned out. I don't really care if people think it's over done, I'm proud of it, and i love my photographs.

I am working alot on film atm because of college, I can upload a film one if people rather see that then my photoshop buzz. (I only just learnt how to use it)

Ah right, it was just a genuine curious question. Would you usually trim the edges off then? Is that why you put the note with it or would you usually leave the aged looking border?

humberklog wrote: »
    Ah right, it was just a genuine curious question. Would you usually trim the edges off then? Is that why you put the note with it or would you usually leave the aged looking border?

Oh no no, you see i put the aged border on it purposely, just i put it over the photo and cropped it, but there was still some...I wouldnt know what the term was called in digital terms but neg edge i suppose. just a bit of the photo i didnt want in it basically!

It was just me not paying attention tbh. i fixed it and edited my post with the better version of the photo though,
    I'll send you a link to my blunder : http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh182/AnouskaProetta/leeump.jpg?t=1257803518

Ahaaa I getcha now. Sorry for the dopey questions but I sometimes don't know what I'm seeing...eh..if you get me. Good work.

Best post something now

97712ABBEA194CF586C81CC765EE9319-500.jpg

another with Thonda's point and shoot and fuji film

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

8FD884ED3B4944928D230E213DB64363-800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

9818F487D8C34B969A6BED0158C1B712-500.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement