Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia wont delete messages

• 27-10-2009 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia Xpress music phone, cant remember the model number but its one of two that were heavily promoted by all networks in the last year. I've got nearly 10k messages between sent and received texts. Yesterday i went to delete them, knew it would take a while, so went away for an hour and came back. 82 messages deleted in one hour, left it for another three hours, at which stage batt nearly empty, and still 82 messages deleted. In four hours. No i've not got lots of other downloads or pictures on it that would slow it up, or in this case stall.

What should i do? Are all Nokia phones this bad at deleting messages, even when i had only 100 of them in there it would still take 10 mins to delete them. Ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

I'd say it deleted well over 82 message but the screen itself froze, it happens. Take out the battery , put back in, charge it up over night. Try again. If uncessfull repeat then delete the messages around 100 or so at a time.. I know it'll be a pain in the bollox but its guarenteed to work. Yep most s40 phones are like that dont worry!

And next time delete after every 500 message or so :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

rizzee wrote: »
    I'd say it deleted well over 82 message but the screen itself froze, it happens. Take out the battery , put back in, charge it up over night. Try again. If uncessfull repeat then delete the messages around 100 or so at a time.. I know it'll be a pain in the bollox but its guarenteed to work. Yep most s40 phones are like that dont worry!

And next time delete after every 500 message or so :P
    i wish it had deleted more than the 82, i checked and it defo didn't. Took out battery, etc. Did same thing again today with the same result. Nokia phones seem to be hugely frustrating. For every old problem they fix with a new phone, an new problem appears. I'm just taking it into the store when i get a chance. My first phone in '99, siemens c35 could delete 300 messages in seconds. Why the backwards step?! Arrgh!

Ah sorry I couldn't help mate. Yeah i'd say thats your best bet, bring it in store and see what they can do. I know how annoying it must be :P Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Op, have you tried deleting them using pc-sync?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

I had this problem too with my old Nokia 3120 Classic.

I take it you just selected the 'delete all messages' option?!

If you have, instead of doing that 'mark' one message, then select 'mark all'
    Then try to 'delete all marked'.

That worked for me, so you should give it a try.

Once you've deleted them, delete messages every so often, as it definitley slows the phone when starting up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭mihau

try this code *#7370# and then 1234

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mihau wrote: »

He just wants to delete the texts, not everything

it's the only way to do it apart from reinstalling the software....he can back-up his data from the phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

You could have also said what these codes do! Not everyone would know that this was a reset code....just a thought

yeah but it tels you when you put it on if you want to restore the phone to factory settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    You could have also said what these codes do! Not everyone would know that this was a reset code....just a thought

Agreed, don't just post a random code without giving a full explanation of what the code will do to your phone.

Walkman wrote: »
    Agreed, don't just post a random code without giving a full explanation of what the code will do to your phone.

i've noticed that the people from this forum don't bother to read what's up, and reply with a message with the same NO ATTITUDE. If you were so smart why didn't you tell the guy that code yourself. Better yet, leave the guy to ask me as it's not your business. Cheers.

And like i said previously, when you put the code the phone ask you if you want to restore the phone to factory settings. Any man with a little bit of brain will understand that it means it will wipe everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

ste88m wrote: »
    I had this problem too with my old Nokia 3120 Classic.

I take it you just selected the 'delete all messages' option?!

If you have, instead of doing that 'mark' one message, then select 'mark all'
    Then try to 'delete all marked'.

That worked for me, so you should give it a try.

Once you've deleted them, delete messages every so often, as it definitley slows the phone when starting up.
    I think you're phone is a little bit different to mine, there's no 'box ticking' options in mine. I chose the 'delete folder' option, which i assume is everything in a particular folder, but its just not working.
    To Jimmy: How can i do that? I dont even think i still have the original pc connector cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

And like i said previously, when you put the code the phone ask you if you want to restore the phone to factory settings. Any man with a little bit of brain will understand that it means it will wipe everything.

Or so you think :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This post has been deleted.

mihau got himself a months ban. Hopefully now we can move on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Im finding that I cant delete my texts either on a Nokia. Mine is an E71. Would appreciate any help other than delete factory settings if its in line with OP's as dont want to hijack!!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Sorted with the mark all. Happy days!

Advertisement