Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HON impressions

Options
  • 27-10-2009 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

So what do all of ye think of heroes of Newerth...better or worse than dota.i know its been out for a while but yesterday was the first time i played it.

So far i love the structure to everything..i love the way you can edit the hotkeys within the game instead of using thing like warkeys..
    you can now talk to people using a thing similar to vent.Items are sorted very well..Everything about its structure so far are very god..
    iv only had one short game so i dunno about balancing issues,but so far its dota so it should be good...Does anyone else have any other opinions on it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Companion Cube

well its still very much in closed beta at the moment, and if you weren't lucky enough to catch the short lived facebook promotion most ppl are still locked out.

However there is always league of legends which entered open beta last week and is completely free to play for anyone who seems interested (the game will be completely free when it ships as well).

Just from browsing the hero's selection in HoN they don't seem as varied or as interesting compared to what is on offer in the alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

well its still very much in closed beta at the moment, and if you weren't lucky enough to catch the short lived facebook promotion most ppl are still locked out.

However there is always league of legends which entered open beta last week and is completely free to play for anyone who seems interested (the game will be completely free when it ships as well).

Just from browsing the hero's selection in HoN they don't seem as varied or as interesting compared to what is on offer in the alternative.

i never knew lol went into open beta...I have to agree with the heroes..so far some heroes can look a little similar..The most frustrating thing for me so far is item building;it so hard to find the items you want sinces the names and pics have changed..i cant imagine what it would feel like if youv never played dota before...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Haven't played HoN but I've been playing a lot of LoL (worst acronym invasion ever) for the last few weeks.
    I never played DotA but I'm loving LoL. It's gonna be released on the 30th of this month in the EU.

Iv heard that micro transactions will be used in LOL..Thats something that would defo put me off the game though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Fol20 wrote: »
    Iv heard that micro transactions will be used in LOL..Thats something that would defo put me off the game though

Why? You won't be able to purchase anything that is actually performance enhancing afaik. It will simply be cosmetic upgrades etc.

• Advertisement

WellyJ wrote: »
    Why? You won't be able to purchase anything that is actually performance enhancing afaik. It will simply be cosmetic upgrades etc.
    Yep, you will be able to purchase all champions and runes with influence points which are gained from playing games.
    The US version went live today. The store won't be ready until the 17th of November so all champions are unlocked until then and you're able to earn IP right off the bat.

Id prefer if it was priced like HON,where you just pay a set fee to gain access to the game.

Id prefer if it was priced like HON,where you just pay a set fee to gain access to the game.
    Lol (the laughing one)? How can having the option to get something for free ever be bad? You can pay for it if you want. Or pay to get riot points to use in the store.

Seifer wrote: »
    Lol (the laughing one)? How can having the option to get something for free ever be bad? You can pay for it if you want. Or pay to get riot points to use in the store.

Its meant to work like the korean micro transactions which in the long run cost more

Its meant to work like the korean micro transactions which in the long run cost more
    You can get everything in the game that relates to power i.e. champions and runes, for FREE. Paying nothing doesn't cost more in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

If you preorder HON you can get into the beta.

I signed up for the beta ages ago and got in for free but I still preordered when the chance arrived. I like S2games' last release Savage 2 and they are fairly committed to releasing all of their games cross platform, Windows, Linux and Mac.

I gave away my 5 beta invites on here a few weeks back. Not sure if everyone who asked actually sent me their details so I may have one or two invites left.

Edit, I have 2 invites left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i am a big fan of Icefrog actually :D unless HoN or LoL is really really really good and better than dota in every way, i may give it a try - until then,dota is the only game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Companion Cube

I gave away my 5 beta invites on here a few weeks back. Not sure if everyone who asked actually sent me their details so I may have one or two invites left.

Edit, I have 2 invites left.

An invite would be much appreciated if you have one free, love Lol might like this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

An invite would be much appreciated if you have one free, love Lol might like this as well.

Yeah, if you pm me your email address I'll send it on.

I think I also have 5 LOL invites. But as far as I know anyone can join the beta now.

Advertisement