Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official SE XPERIA X10 Thread

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Being able to upgrade to 2.3 is fantastic news! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rua327

Bit of a strange one, anytime I connect phone to PC (X10mini pro) the mem card is available to use as storeage for about 2 mins, and then the phone restarts and the connection is lost.

Anyone have a possible solution? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

This is because PC Donation has taken over. Open pc companion and you can access the mass storage from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rua327

Thanks mooneyd. will give it a go now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

No prob let me know how you get on

• Advertisement

Accoutring to the official Sony Ericsson blog the roll out for 2.3 on the Xperia X10 will begin in August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Does anyone know if this will be released on any of the Irish networks? Particularly 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

I'm pretty sure O2 are releasing it around the time its being released worldwide although I'm not sure about the other networks. Your best bet is to check with them individually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

http://www.sonyericsson.com/update/?cc=in&lc=en&pid=xperiax10

seems the 2.3 update is out, wonder when we will get it here.

The update was released yesterday and Three had it straight away, so fair play to them for that. Been using it for a few hours now and it's going very well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I assume the X8 is still not getting this ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

bluesfan wrote: »
    The update was released yesterday and Three had it straight away, so fair play to them for that. Been using it for a few hours now and it's going very well.

Hi bluesfan,
    I saw your thread on the Three forum and started a similar thread on the Vodafone forum. How are you finding the update? In particular is it true that you now have pinch zoom? I was surprised that this is available with the update as I understood this to be a hardware issue.

rcdk1 wrote: »
    Hi bluesfan,
    I saw your thread on the Three forum and started a similar thread on the Vodafone forum. How are you finding the update? In particular is it true that you now have pinch zoom? I was surprised that this is available with the update as I understood this to be a hardware issue.

We've had pinch zoom for a while now, ever since the upgrade to 2.1.

All is going well at the moment, the phone seems fast and responsive. Battery life hasn't been great but thats mostly because I've been using it a lot, getting all my apps back on and just playing around on it. Having Flash on it is great, just watched the second half of the Arsenal v Boca friendly on the phone.

On a non-rooted phone?

I've did the 2.1 update but don't have pinch zoom (that I can find).

On a non-rooted phone?

I've did the 2.1 update but don't have pinch zoom (that I can find).

Non rooted, three branded phone. There was an upgrade just before the 2.1 one that brought pinch zoom( although not full multi touch) which I think was then built into the 2.1 release.

Non rooted, three branded phone. There was an upgrade just before the 2.1 one that brought pinch zoom( although not full multi touch) which I think was then built into the 2.1 release.
    Hmmm.... So either I've missed something or for some reason Vodafone didn't include it in their version of the 2.1 update?

Did you have to change any settings to activate the pinch zoom?

Hmmm.... So either I've missed something or for some reason Vodafone didn't include it in their version of the 2.1 update?

Did you have to change any settings to activate the pinch zoom?

I cant remember having to change any setting, I think I just updated and it worked. It might be worth looking in the settings though, just in case the Vodafone update didn't have it turned on be default.

Ignore that, just had a look back at the updates I did and the multi touch one came after the one for 2.1, my faulty memory had them together. The 2.1 was before Christmas and the multi touch was a few weeks into the new year.

I have an unbranded Nordic flashed version (originally on O2) and I got the 2.3.3 update this morning via PC companion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I'm on meteor and no update from either seus or the companion.

Hi bluesfan,
    I saw your thread on the Three forum and started a similar thread on the Vodafone forum.
    Vodafone have responded to my thread and said:
    This is in test with our handset team, I've no firm date just yet but will keep this thread updated with time-frames as soon as I get them
    Raekwon wrote: »
    I have an unbranded Nordic flashed version (originally on O2) and I got the 2.3.3 update this morning via PC companion.
    Will give Vodafone a week or two but am seriously considering unbranding the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

trying to install an .apk (google music) but astro won't open the file. its unzipped, and is a .apk, but when i click app manager it says it couldnt open it as an .apk...
    anyone got any tips? I have "install non market apps" selected, and phone rooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

I'm pretty sure google music doesn't work outside the united states so thats probably your reason there.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

Has anyone on O2 updated using PC companion? I've missed both prompts on the phone for the update and PC companion says my phone has the latest software.

prionnsias wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure google music doesn't work outside the united states so thats probably your reason there.

it does, its just the registration is the issue, and that can be gotten around easily. the apk isnt on the market is the only problem.

I've tried update on o2, as far as Im aware the new firmware isnt out yet, I asked on twitter, they said they were working on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Just updated my phone to 2.3 and I'm with O2

I got sick of waiting and flashed a generic sony firmware 2 a while back. Love it, seems so much faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Lian

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my SE X10. It will only charge via the USB connection on my PC, and not the wall socket, but strangely, the PC companion won't recognise the phone.

I've restored the phone's factory settings, but still no joy.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

Lian wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm having trouble with my SE X10. It will only charge via the USB connection on my PC, and not the wall socket, but strangely, the PC companion won't recognise the phone.

I've restored the phone's factory settings, but still no joy.

Any suggestions?

Did you try a different USB cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Hi there, quick question, I am trying to save contacts on my phone and when I do the contact saves but it is not displayed in my contacts. Does anyone know why this is? Anynoe have any ideas on how I can display these contact..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

Under display options in contacts have you chosen phone as numbers to be displayed?

padair wrote: »
    Hi there, quick question, I am trying to save contacts on my phone and when I do the contact saves but it is not displayed in my contacts. Does anyone know why this is? Anynoe have any ideas on how I can display these contact..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Advertisement