Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official SE XPERIA X10 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

padair wrote: »
    Five days without recharging...?
    Please tell me you secrets. Do you use is for music or anything like that..?

Turn off the 3G :)

My E71 lasts about 4-5 days and Exchange sync works fine.
    Web Browsing with Opera is also fine too ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

Got mine today on a 3 upgrade for €129. Really like it so far except for texting :mad:

Any apps that are a necessity?

edit - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055658304

With the maps and GPS locators are there data charges for this if not connected to wifi?

thanks in advance!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Daavid

I got mine. Lovin it so far. Battery life was an issue but now I'm using Advanced Task Killer to look after that for me. Seems a bit better. A bit pissed off we're only getting 2.1 at the end of the year. Hopefully it will be 2.2 by the time it emerges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

So 2.1 will be released in the Q3 (probably September) instead of the Q4 now. But with 2.3/2.5 (Gingerbread) coming out in December we will still be 2 updates behind :mad:

Link

Oh btw a new Xperia 8 is on it's way, it's a cross between a X10 & an X10mini. It will have a 600MHz CPU & 3.2 megapixel camera but it could ship with 1.6 which is very disappointing I have to say. A big 'Meh' from me so!

The New Firmware for Xperia X10 has been released - R2FB016 firmware version has been upgraded to R2BA020 (checking settings, about phone to see your firmware version).

Firmware : 1.6 -> 1.6
    Basband : 1.0.16 -> 1.1.25
    Kernal 2.6.29-rel semc-android@semc#2 -> same
    Build : r1fa016 -> r2ba020

Source
    Firmware R2BA020 Improvments

1. Transition fade Animation is improved from what it was before and looks more synchronized.

2. The system on a whole seems more snappier. The Popup menus are instant.

3. UI have seen some changes, mainly in the Timescape and Mediascape.

4. You have now the option of changing the Theme or background of the Timescape. (but only from a pre-defined set of backgrounds). Timescape speed does not seem to improve.

5. Mediascape also have a few UI changes. The Bottom tabs seems to be customized and the active now glows instead of Selected rectangle in the previous firmware.

6. There is no Waiting icon while flicking through pics in the Mediascape and it looks much more snappier.

7. Overall performance seems to have been improved. Streaming Video or using the In-built flash from Skyfire is much more stable and fast. :)

8. A New BackUp App is their to backup and restore your Xperia X10. :)

9. The Keyboard has been improved as well. And there are more Standard Keyboards now (one of them should support Handwriting Recognition, most probably).

10. Playnow Arena has improved and has the Option of Account.

11. Face Recognition tag has changed to [+]

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bomber6

Source
    The how-to on updating for Meteor (and o2?) since the networks haven't had a chance to mess with the update yet and release it. Will help everyone tide over until 2.1 is released courtesy of the root.
    Btw, anyone know what navigation program is installed on the meteor x10, navi-something. Want to get it again as this update does not include it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭meathenterpr

According to this forum which contains steps to do so. Will be trying it either this weekend or sometime in the near future.
    Maybe 2.1 will come earlier the Sept or 2.2 for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

Does any one have an unlock code for the X10. I got one and it is not unlocked on meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I've decided to get this phone. It has everything I need. Now I just need to wait for monies and my contract to finish up

I've decided to get this phone. It has everything I need. Now I just need to wait for monies and my contract to finish up

Are you very patient when it comes to updates? If the answer is no then get a HTC device.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

Raekwon wrote: »
    Are you very patient when it comes to updates? If the answer is no then get a HTC device.
    Or even better, a Nexus One. Gets all the updates pretty much straight after they're announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Tbh I want it for the camera, media and internet. I've read a lot about this phone and seems to perfect for my needs.

The updates etc wont bother me as long as the phone functions properly.

Tbh I want it for the camera, media and internet. I've read a lot about this phone and seems to perfect for my needs.

Go for it then! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Just remember that more likely than not you will never see Flash 10.1 support on your phone.

Just remember that more likely than not you will never see Flash 10.1 support on your phone.

That's not true, 2.2 will come out on Xperia X10 eventfully (possibly in early 2011), okay they are slower getting updates out but this is their first ever Android phone so they are obviously going to have some teething problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

That's not true, 2.2 will come out on Xperia X10 eventfully (possibly in early 2011), okay they are slower getting updates out but this is their first ever Android phone so they are obviously going to have some teething problems.

Possibly? Has Sony Ericsson announced that they plan on releasing 2.2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

now that the phone is rooted surely they will be able to build a custom rom with 2.1 or 2.2? or is this not possible?

Possibly? Has Sony Ericsson announced that they plan on releasing 2.2?

We all know that they haven't. But the Xperia X10, Desire, Nexus One etc will only be able to run upto 2.2 (their CPU's won't be able to handle 3.0) and considering the Xperia X10 is only 4 months old and getting the 2.1 upgrade in 2 months time it is pretty much guaranteed that 2.2 will be on the device before Sony Ericsson launch their new flag ship device in Q2 of 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭meathenterpr

They will need to mod the bootloader, once that is done then 2.2 will be possible.
    I rooted my x10i over the weekend now have R2BA023.
    Followed these instructions
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=711907

No real probs only thing though step 3 did not work for me.
    I haveto swipe in an run the bat file.
    Phone was then rooted.
    There is an improvement in batt life and it can be increased enven more by installing SetCPU along with juicedefender.

It looks like SE will be releasing 2.1 sometime in sept and 2.2 later if you do not wnt to root the phone.

• Advertisement

The camera is very good in proper lighting. If you're in a pub i wouldn't bother taking a photo.

i got this the other day and all works!!! i paid 25 for an extra charger while i was waiting for it!!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/BUNDLE-CASE-BATTERY-CHARGER-F-SONY-ERICSSON-xperia-x10-/250647320596?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item3a5bbe9814

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

alanc2003 wrote: »
    I downloaded an app that turns off 3g when the phone is idle. I get most of the day out of it now. Its the way it uses the battery when its plugged in that really bugs me!

Do you have the name of that app???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

Do you have the name of that app???

Its called data on demand, works very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

I leave the 3g off at all times because the antenna for picking up the wireless for internet at home is poor and you need to be really close to pick it up steady, i was losing signal all the time and it was switching to vodafone live and charging me a fortune, got a shock when the bill came

Thats another downer the flash on the camera as i had a cyber shot k850i last and it had a great flash

Apparently there is an update available for firmware.

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/111500-udate-there-people.html

Anybody got this yet? i'm on 3

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭bionic.laura

Yes I got it, I'm on O2. Battery life has improved a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Has anyone rooted their X10 yet? According to xda-developers, you get all sorts of improvements from battery life to better camera quality. I assume rooting it will also wipe your APN settings and other stuff.

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/111500-udate-there-people.html

Updated this through PC Companion now running build number R2BA020.

Battery is 98% 3h 9m since unplugged :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Did anyone have data access issues when they got the phone? The data settings all seem to be correct, but I get an error when I try to access any site that it can't verify I'm over 15. The same sim card worked fine in my H1 and my N95, and data access was never a problem.

Yes, I've installed the update as well and my battery life is waaaaay better. Yesterday I had about 2 hours of Youtube time, a few calls, lots of messages. 3G on all day. Background syching on all day.... basically lots of use. Before update it would have run out of battery about 5 to 6 hours in with that use. After update, i still had 30% battery life when going to bed at midnight (had been plugged out since 9 in the morning)

Thats just my experience, but it seems like lots of people are having differing experiences. Some have great battery life improvement, others have a little improvement. Some have even said they saw no improvement. It must be to do with background apps people have running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Argh the alarm does not go off in the morning if you set it and turn the phone off. Late for work this morning grr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

rushnaldo wrote: »
    Argh the alarm does not go off in the morning if you set it and turn the phone off. Late for work this morning grr
    :D

Too many people have been caught out by that. One suggestion is to leave your phone on overnight, but put it into Airline Mode so less battery is used.

1d 4h 11m since unplugged and battery life at 47% :D

used phone a fair bit surfing, games and streaming radio. Good few texts but no calls.

looking forward to 2 days batter life!!

I use apps and widgets APNDroid to turn off 3G and Wifi OnOff to turn off WIFI when i don't use them. Think its better than the y5 battery saver as thats constantly on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Can anyone recommend a cover for the X10?

Can anyone recommend a cover for the X10?

Got some on eBay in a bundle - see my posts in the thread. Got a lot of stuff in the bundle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Do many people use timescape and if so does it chew through much of the battery life..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

Do many people use timescape and if so does it chew through much of the battery life..?[/QUOTE

I have never once used timescape, dont believe in facebook or twitter! I dont know what they did with that update but im gettin 2days out the battery now with a fair amount of use

Do many people use timescape and if so does it chew through much of the battery life..?

I use Timescape as my homescreen now. I was a bit sceptical at first, but I've come to quite like it. I'm getting great battery life as well since the update (see my previous post) so I guess Timescape isn't chewing up too much battery on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sysconp1

I got my X10 yesterday from 3 and tried to do the update on it last night... Bricked!

Three say they don't stock the X10 anymore and will only repair them... 8 day turn around! :mad:

So mine has gone to MPRC today by courier and hopefully I will get it back sooner!!! Not a happy man at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I have a big problem with the Xperia Mini X10. I got a 16GB MicroSD from ebay and started loading up music with it. Unfortunately it seems that when I add new music, it overwrites the existing music. I have tried adding music using MediaGo and Windows Drag and Drop but with the same result. The most I've had on the memory card is 3GB. When I added new music on there, it deleted nearly all the music I had previously added. The artists folders remain on the card, but the folders are empty.

Is this a function of the card or the phone? Any idea what the problem is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I have a big problem with the Xperia Mini X10. I got a 16GB MicroSD from ebay and started loading up music with it. Unfortunately it seems that when I add new music, it overwrites the existing music. I have tried adding music using MediaGo and Windows Drag and Drop but with the same result. The most I've had on the memory card is 3GB. When I added new music on there, it deleted nearly all the music I had previously added. The artists folders remain on the card, but the folders are empty.

Is this a function of the card or the phone? Any idea what the problem is?

Could be a dodgy card from ebay. It happens. Something like this might help you.
    Note: I have not tested that software.

• Advertisement

Very quiet thread, looks like Sony Ericsson's flagship device was a total flop and rightly so IMHO.

Does does anyone know when 2.1 is FINALLY being released for update? We are approaching the last month of Q3 and there has still been no announcement of a release date and I am sick of 1.6..........infact I'm getting pretty sick of the Xperia X10 as a whole to be honest, the lack of updates is excruciatingly painful and I've accidental dropped it a few times and the scratches are pissing me off (I know, I should have got a cover for it).

Finally..........meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Very quiet thread, looks like Sony Ericsson's flagship device was a total flop and rightly so IMHO.

Does does anyone know when 2.1 is FINALLY being released for update? We are approaching the last month of Q3 and there has still been no announcement of a release date and I am sick of 1.6..........infact I'm getting pretty sick of the Xperia X10 as a whole to be honest, the lack of updates is excruciatingly painful and I've accidental dropped it a few times and the scratches are pissing me off (I know, I should have got a cover for it).

Finally..........meh!

Can custom ROM's not be used on Xperia?

I have a HTC and I also got too sick of waiting so I out one on myself....

Im thinking of getting an xperia (have to get a new work phone and this is on the list)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

neacy69 wrote: »
    Can custom ROM's not be used on Xperia?

No custom roms yet as they havent cracked the bootloader yet.

However you can put generic firmware on it which is a lot faster than the branded crap thats usually on them.There is also a one-click root solution which allows certain apps to gain root access.

Have to say I love the x10 rooted even though its stuck at 1.6 until the update to 2.1 arrives--I havent used a phone with 2.1 or 2.2 on it so I really dont know what Im missing--1.6 is fine and for my first android its excellent--I`ll definately be sticking with android in the future.

Also ADW launcher is excellent and replaces the stock launcher and give better battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Will someone please tell me how to:

When messaging someone, how do you add someone elses contact details in the body of the message?????

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

maiden wrote: »
    Will someone please tell me how to:

When messaging someone, how do you add someone elses contact details in the body of the message?????

Do you mean to send the same text to more than one person??
    If its is you just separate the numbers by a comma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Thanks for the reply but no, say i need to send mary, johns contact details. At the mo I am going into phonebook and memorizing johns number, then manually putting into the message being sent to mary.

I can never rem numbers so its very annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

maiden wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply but no, say i need to send mary, johns contact details. At the mo I am going into phonebook and memorizing johns number, then manually putting into the message being sent to mary.

I can never rem numbers so its very annoying!

it seems the only option is to bluetooth the business card to the other person...lame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hey guys, O2 Branded x10i here and dont seem to be able to update the phone from:
    Firmware 1.6
    Baseband 1.0.16
    Build R1FA016

Do I need to DeBrand it first or something?

SEUS does nothing but turn the phone on...

GreeBo wrote: »
    Hey guys, O2 Branded x10i here and dont seem to be able to update the phone from:
    Firmware 1.6
    Baseband 1.0.16
    Build R1FA016

Do I need to DeBrand it first or something?

SEUS does nothing but turn the phone on...

Yep-If you debrand to a generic firmware say R1fa020 then SEUS will get you the updates quicker.Think the latest is 026.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

GreeBo wrote: »
    it seems the only option is to bluetooth the business card to the other person...lame.

on my hero you can go to

people> tap on the contact> select menu when the details open> and select send contact details....

like i say that's on the hero but its android aswell

Advertisement