Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official SE XPERIA X10 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Bout time, I'm on meteor dunno if i want to root it just to get the update.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just to confirm that the 2.1 update is out now @ 20.00 Irish Time.Generic Nordic firmwares are being updated through SEUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

So i have R2BA020 at the moment. Do i need to update to R2BA026 and then SEUS will update to 2.1?

Is it difficult to update to R2BA026? I'm on Three at moment so will prob be waiting for a while for an update from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

thanks hellrazer

i have now updated to 2.1, very easy process and better than waiting 6 months for 02 to update the phone

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

alanc2003 wrote: »
    thanks hellrazer

i have now updated to 2.1, very easy process and better than waiting 6 months for 02 to update the phone

How you find it.Only in the door from Haloween stuff and havent done mine yet.

Not bad, taking a bit of time to get used to it

So i have R2BA020 at the moment. Do i need to update to R2BA026 and then SEUS will update to 2.1?

Is it difficult to update to R2BA026? I'm on Three at moment so will prob be waiting for a while for an update from them

What a breeze - eventually!!!

2.1 is cool!! like the street view on the google navigation!!! iphone 4 users are a tad jealous!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hnchau

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Posting this from Xda Developers.
    The fastest easiest way to debrand your X10 to Nordic firmware fo rthe Eclair update due out today.

You will need to have the phone rooted with the 1-click root.You need a version of root explorer higher than 2.12.2 as this includes the "text editor" mentioned above.

Change the 2 lines in the above "default.prop" to 1234-8465,reboot and then run the Sony update service.
    You`ll end up with a debranded Nordic software version with the latest firmware.
    Back up everything before you do.I didnt bother as I was going to factory reset anyway for the update.

I have all the required files/apps here if anyone needs them.

The whole process takes less than 5 minutes from start to finish.

Help please~ I click on "default.prop" but it says "you cannot edit this file because the system file is read only"

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hnchau

Oooo... I'm all good now! updating.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Why do the Nordic countries always get these first?

hnchau wrote: »
    Help please~ I click on "default.prop" but it says "you cannot edit this file because the system file is read only"

Thanks in advance!

You need to click the big white button at the top right.When you click this it will change from r/o (read only) to r/w (read write)

Should sort it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mumra

You need to click the big white button at the top right.When you click this it will change from r/o (read only) to r/w (read write)

Should sort it for you.

I don't have a big white button at the top right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mumra

Mumra wrote: »
    I don't have a big white button at the top right
    It's OK, re-read the thread and rooted it first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marky01

hi guys hope you can help my x10i mini is rooted and when i open up the system folder i only have ro.semc.version.cust=XXXX-XXXX and i dont have the other one ro.product.name=x10_XXXX-XXXX will it still work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dannyj78

marky01 wrote: »
    hi guys hope you can help my x10i mini is rooted and when i open up the system folder i only have ro.semc.version.cust=XXXX-XXXX and i dont have the other one ro.product.name=x10_XXXX-XXXX will it still work

no what you have to do is press menu then search, search for system open it then click default.prop then do as it says on the tutorial i had the same problem lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Root Explorer costs money. Is there a different, free method of doing it?

GrumPy wrote: »
    Root Explorer costs money. Is there a different, free method of doing it?

Ahem--read my earlier post ;)

x10 mini has these in the default.prop file

ro.semc.version.sw=1235-3408
    ro.semc.version.sw_revision=1.0.A.1.36
    ro.semc.version.sw_varient=GENERIC
    ro.semc.version.sw_type=user

??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

At last my Xperia X10 is running 2.1 :D

Btw I had my phone flashed to the Nordic generic firmware (see here) and got the update lastnight.

x10 mini has these in the default.prop file

ro.semc.version.sw=1235-3408
    ro.semc.version.sw_revision=1.0.A.1.36
    ro.semc.version.sw_varient=GENERIC
    ro.semc.version.sw_type=user

??

My instructions were for X10/x10i.Not the mini.

Heres the mini ones courtesy of XDA developers.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=824766

For anyone who cant access XDA.

here is a mini guide:

what`s you need:

1. a root phone
    2. root explorer installed
    3. go to system/build.prop
    open the file with a text editor (long pressover the file)

replace your build.prop number with 1238-8536 what`s a german number (i think its in three places in the file that you open)

shutdown and start you phone..

conect to pc companion

Let it update your phone

Ive highlighted the difference for the mini.Note its system/ build.prop and not system/ default.prop as in the X10i.

• Advertisement

Raekwon wrote: »
    At last my Xperia X10 is running 2.1 :D

Btw I had my phone flashed to the Nordic generic firmware (see here) and got the update lastnight.

I still havent had time to do my own yet :) Just havent had the time today.
    Hows 2.1 going?
    Cant wait to get it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 kevinm07

Does anyone know when the Xperia X8 is getting the 2.1 update?

I still havent had time to do my own yet :) Just havent had the time today.
    Hows 2.1 going?
    Cant wait to get it done.

So far so good, it feels much faster and more responsive then 1.6 and applications like Timescape open pretty much instantly. It also looks much better with a richer, cleaner looking display plus the live wallpapers are a nice touch (Nexus is my favourite). I'm also happy that I can finally use applications/games like Skype and Angry Birds now, Happy days :)

Thanks Hellrazer, my bad for not mentioning it was a mini! :o

The mini guide doesn't seem to work though. PC Companion has no updates available, and SEUS wont detect phone - and after 30 seconds windows gives a usb device not recognized error :confused:

Thanks Hellrazer, my bad for not mentioning it was a mini! :o

The mini guide doesn't seem to work though. PC Companion has no updates available, and SEUS wont detect phone - and after 30 seconds windows gives a usb device not recognized error :confused:

Have you changed the phone version in all 3 parts of the file--you might have to scroll through it to find all 3 lines of code with it in it?

Also try delete the "db" folder from programs/sony ericsson/update service.

Thats where the old firmware is stored each time you open the update service.

Im not well up on the minis but that link above seems to say that its as easy as the x10i.

Trying now

Grumpy--Couple of threads down from yours on xda theres someone else with the same problem.

In pc companion theres an option for "force repair" and apparently tou have to make it force the new firmware even though it says that you are up to date.

SEUS never has, and continues not to detect my phone. It installed a driver once successfully, bit never actually detected the phone. PC Companion detects it fine, but claims its already upto date. :(

And yeah I changed all instances of the number in the file you need to edit.

Is their a way I can view usb drivers installed on my system, and simply uninstall and sony ericsson ones - then maybe install a fresh copy of SEUS?

Will try force repair so!

SEUS never has, and continues not to detect my phone. It installed a driver once successfully, bit never actually detected the phone. PC Companion detects it fine, but claims its already upto date. :(

And yeah I changed all instances of the number in the file you need to edit.

No option to force repair in pc companion?

Id say someone over on xda will help you out but its usually later in the evening before you might get a response.

If you uninstall SEUS it removes the drivers.Just reinstall the latest version and it might work.

SEUS never has, and continues not to detect my phone. then maybe install a fresh copy of SEUS?

Mini pro doesnt support seus apparently.You HAVE to use Pc companion to update.

• Advertisement

Mini pro doesnt support seus apparently.You HAVE to use Pc companion to update.

I have a normal mini. Gonna try the force repair method on PC Companion now.

PC Companion is working now, (slowly) by the looks of it! :)

EDIT: Nope, hangs here. FOllow onscreen instructions and the PC Companion detects phone again, but stays on the "Phone Software Update" screen

EDIT: Must have been my ****ty mobile broadband caching packets weird or something. Used a different pc and proper connection, and when it hung for me, it actually downloads more software for the pc, then continues the update. Got it sorted now. Running 2.1, and rooted. Sweet. :)

I just read this from a mod on the O2 forum regarding the 2.1 update:
    It currently looks like it could be the week of the 22nd November but there are other factors involved so I'm not making any promises on this yet. I'll let you know more details as I get them.

I'm not sure if Meteor, Vodafone & 3 will be getting it sooner but being forced to wait another month after the official launch date is bad form IMO!

So to anyone still running 1.6, I'd recommend you flashing your device to the latest Nordic firmware (it's really simple and straightforward and only takes 2 minutes: here) then update your phone to 2.1 using PC Companion.

I just read this from a mod on the O2 forum regarding the 2.1 update:

I'm not sure if Meteor, Vodafone & 3 will be getting it sooner but being forced to wait another month after the official launch date is bad form IMO!

So to anyone still running 1.6, I'd recommend you flashing your device to the latest Nordic firmware (it's really simple and straightforward and only takes 2 minutes: here) then update your phone to 2.1 using PC Companion.

Its a bad show from all Mobile operators when they have branded software.See my earlier post.
    X10i on Voda still has the very first release on it even though there has been 12/13 updates since.
    Id hold my breath with any operator having branded 2.1 any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rua327

I am keen to get 2.1 asap and willing to try the Nordic firmware but I haven't a clue how I would even start. Anyone fancy giving me advice on how to go about it because it looks like 2.1 will be a Christmas present at the earliest at this stage!!! I don't know how to flash my phone, I can download the .rar files etc but after that, clueless. Seriously thinking of buying a new phone at this stage tbh :(

rua327 wrote: »
    I am keen to get 2.1 asap and willing to try the Nordic firmware but I haven't a clue how I would even start. Anyone fancy giving me advice on how to go about it because it looks like 2.1 will be a Christmas present at the earliest at this stage!!! I don't know how to flash my phone, I can download the .rar files etc but after that, clueless. Seriously thinking of buying a new phone at this stage tbh :(

Im going to explain this as easy as I can.

Right firstly pop me a pm with an email address and I`ll send you both files that you need.
    These are called x10root and rootexplorer.

You transfer both to your sd card using your usb cable.
    From the market download "apps installer" and install it.

When you run apps installer it will search your sd card and find and install x10 root and rootexplorer.

Still with me??

1.Run x10 root and it will root your phone and allow installation of 3rd party apps which is what root explorer is.

2.When you are rooted you run "root explorer" as in my earlier post.Browse to the system folder and change the values in default.prob to what Ive listed above.
    This gets you to generic nordic firmware.Plug into your pc and connect to the Sonu Ericcson update service--If you dont have this get it from the Sony site.
    First time you connect to the update service you get rba026(latest nordic) and the next time gets you to 2.1.

You may have to remove the "db " folder as I mentioned again in an earlier post.

Its a 10 minute job.

Just want to say that my guide is for X10i and not the minis.Just to stop any confusion.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Changed the build prop for my mini didn't make any difference.

Repair from PC Companion is running into errors but I'll try again from a different pc/network.

The Nordic Flash tool from xda bombs out as well.

I think I'll leave it at this for a while.

Thanks Hellrazer for your help.

Its a bad show from all Mobile operators when they have branded software.See my earlier post.
    X10i on Voda still has the very first release on it even though there has been 12/13 updates since.
    Id hold my breath with any operator having branded 2.1 any time soon.

Wow I didn't know that Vodafone were that bad with updates. In fairness to O2 that have been frequent enough with the firmware updates but there is no excuse delaying the OS update a further month when they probably have had it in advance a few weeks already for testing purposes.

At this stage I doubt that every Irish mobile network will have their Xperia X10 range of phones updated this side of Christmas. Btw the X8 probably won't have the 2.1 update until early 2011.

It will be interesting to see if Sony Ericsson abandon the Xperia X10 after this update and focus on their new range (rumoured to be the X12 codename Cliaro) which will mean that Android 2.2 (FroYo) will never make it onto the handset. It will be disastrous for them if they don't upgrade to 2.2 IMO, especially after the constant delays and false promises with the current 2.1 update. I really think they owe it to their loyal customers who could of easily bought a HTC or Samsung device and probably saved themselves aload of hassle.

• Advertisement

rua327 wrote: »

Did you download and extract this .rar file?

If so then open the folder and click on the "X10 Flash" windows batch file.

Make sure that PC Companion is disabled as it will pop up as soon as the USB is attached and the device is detected. Also if you are running Vista/W7 disable the UAC (User Account Control) popups, you will find it in msconfig under tools.

Back to the "X10 Flash" batch file. When you click on it a command line prompt box will appear and read "Wipe User Date: n/y" (you should everything backed up onto your SD/SIM card because the 2.1 will pretty much be like a factory reset)

Before you choice "No or Yes" switch off your Xperia X10 and take out the battery for 30 seconds. Plug in the USB into your PC or laptop. Pop the battery back in and press the back button. With your finger on the back button plug the USB into your device.

Now press either "N or Y"

You should get a readout like this

When it has stopped running through cmd line script it will ask you to press any button on your pc/laptop.

The device will now reboot and the screen will go black for upto 60 seconds or longer, this is normal. Eventually the Sony Ericsson splash screen will appear and you can enter your SIM Pin number. You will now notice that apps like PlayNow and Creatouch (along with some Scandinavian app) will be on your phone. Congratulatuions, you now have the Nordic firware :) (check from the service menu for confirmation: on the lock screen press: menu > back > back > menu > back > menu > menu > back, to confirm).

Now that you have the Nordic firmware simply run PC Companion and update to 2.1 :)

Raekwon.

That seems like great method but is it similar to the x10 flash tool method from XDA?

I spent hours trying to get the flash tool method working but I kept getting device id errors despite searching the registry for the right id.

The new method that I posted just changes the product id to a nordic one and seus does the rest.Worked for me first time.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Got it working.

For my mini I changed the build.prop value to 1238-0549 and it's now running 2.1

Raekwon.

That seems like great method but is it similar to the x10 flash tool method from XDA?

I spent hours trying to get the flash tool method working but I kept getting device id errors despite searching the registry for the right id.

The new method that I posted just changes the product id to a nordic one and seus does the rest.Worked for me first time.

Hey Hellraiser, yeah the method I posted was the Nordic Flash method off XDA. It worked for me first time when I tried it on Sunday and took about 2 minutes, it seemed like a very effective method. I only put it up as an alternative as a few people were having difficulties, but your method does seem to be very simplistic and effective also as a friend of mine did it and it worked perfectly for him. Btw did you upgrade to 2.1 yet? If so what do you think?

Btw did you upgrade to 2.1 yet? If so what do you think?

Not yet.Im going to do it tonight.Just havent had time to sit down and update it yet.

Will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

i used hellrazers method myself. very quick and painless. 2.1 is great, the only thing that bugs me is the stock browser, there is no exit button on it like 1.6. very very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

i used hellrazers method too. worked great. thanks hellrazer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Saw the x10 on three's website this morning for 349 and thought with the update coming out that it would be a great buy. Unfortunately when I went to buy it I was only given an error page. Went into the shop instead and was told by the girl there that they don't sell it anymore. As it's in their latest brochure I gave the number on it a ring and was told the same thing. It's been removed from the website as well now. Pity I would have liked one, but I wouldn't hold my breath now waiting for an official android update from 3 ireland.

Got the 2.1 update on Sun and loving it so far except the APN apps dont seem to work. Any body know of any ones that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

hi guys, is there any way of updating the x10 mini to 2.1? just by changing to nordic code?

thanks you

ldr wrote: »
    hi guys, is there any way of updating the x10 mini to 2.1? just by changing to nordic code?

thanks you

Read back through Grumpys posts--He has a mini and has 2.1 on it.

You `ll need the same files that I sent him so pop me a pm with an email addy and I`ll send them to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement