Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official SE XPERIA X10 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'm going in to meteor tomorrow to buy this phone. I'm just having the usual last minute jitters.

Is there anyone here who reccomend I dont buy it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I'm going in to meteor tomorrow to buy this phone. I'm just having the usual last minute jitters.

Is there anyone here who reccomend I dont buy it?

Nope in my opinion the best android phone out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Nope in my opinion the best android phone out there.

i love u.

My mind is at ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭pawrick

1st off I really like this phone

However, since upgrading to 2.1 I also noticed that the battery is worse and to the point where this week it no longer charges (bougth new last April).

It may be a coincidence that I upgraded to 2.1 and then the battery had issues but I don't know. I'm bringing it back to carphone warehouse to see what they say - I've never had to bring back something I bought with an issue before so not 100% on what to do but it is still under warrenty and in perfect condition other then not charging. I also noticed on a quick google that I'm not the only one with this issue. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

pawrick wrote: »
    1st off I really like this phone

However, since upgrading to 2.1 I also noticed that the battery is worse and to the point where this week it no longer charges (bougth new last April).

It may be a coincidence that I upgraded to 2.1 and then the battery had issues but I don't know. I'm bringing it back to carphone warehouse to see what they say - I've never had to bring back something I bought with an issue before so not 100% on what to do but it is still under warrenty and in perfect condition other then not charging. I also noticed on a quick google that I'm not the only one with this issue. :(

had the same problem myself. brought it back to o2 who took it on for repair. they had it 3 weeks and then they just gave me a new one at the end of all that as they couldnt repair it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

New firmware update is out:
    Sony Ericsson has released a new (minor) update for the Xperia X10 family. The firmware has been updated to version 2.0.2.A.0.24 with Baseband version 2.0.49. There is no official changelog from the company so we can’t officially say what changes it brings. The main improvements appear to be better performance overall including Timescape and Mediascape, a new keyboard and some users are reporting louder in-call volume.

However, one big disadvantage is that you are no longer able to root the handset. The 162MB update should be available for users to download now via PC Companion or SEUS, although the update wasn’t available on our handset running Generic Nordic firmware. However, it shouldn’t be long before it hits all regions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I want the update but the root issue might turn me off it. Although any updates to Mediascape are welcomed. It is very sluggish for me.

Incidentally, new sony ericsson xperia announced at CES

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/sony-ericsson-xperia-arc-first-hands-on/

xperiaarc1-1294275331.jpg

Load of pics here: http://www.engadget.com/photos/sony-xperia-arc-hands-on/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Can anyone tell me if the x10 Mini supports external memory? The meteor website says it doesn't.

Edit: Nevermind. Meteor website is a load of pants.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I want the update but the root issue might turn me off it. Although any updates to Mediascape are welcomed. It is very sluggish for me.

Same here.The lads on Xda developers have released a Froyo rom (2.2) today for the X10i.

Might flash it later and see how good it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Same here.The lads on Xda developers have released a Froyo rom (2.2) today for the X10i.

Might flash it later and see how good it is.
    Let us know how you get on.

So it looks like 2.1 will be the final update for the Xperia X10 as Sony Ericsson are pretty much abandoning their 9 month old flag ship device for an newer device, namely the Xperia Arc. They even managed to add insult to injury by claiming that their own tweeked version of 2.1 was actually better then 2.2 :rolleyes:
    First – As a clarification regarding the current Xperia products – We are planning another upgrade to bring new features (such as for example multi-touch for Xperia X10) to the current family of Xperia™ smartphones in Q1 2011. However, at this stage those plans do not include updating the underlying Android version.

This decision is based on that we believe that with the current hardware platform an overhaul of the underlying core OS wouldn’t drastically improve the user experience. We believe that the current Xperia range on Android 2.1 coupled with our proprietary upgrades and unique hardware delivers a user experience that is on par with, and in many cases better than, a vanilla installation of Android 2.2.

Our priority right now is to keep enhancing the user experience of the existing products through coming updates and to deliver a fantastic range of smartphones in 2011 that are all on the latest possible version of Android – that is a target we are determined to hit!

Plus their new Xperia Arc device doesn't have the rumoured improvements that everyone was expecting ie: 12.1MP Camera with Xeon flash, 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snap Dragon Processor, 1GB of internal memory etc. Instead it will pretty much have the same features as the X10 (8.1MP camera with LED light, 1GHz CPU, etc) so no really selling point apart from the slim design and the 2.3/2.4 Android Gingerbread OS. Full specs here.

Another opportunity lost by SE, will they ever learn? :confused:

I love the phone and does everything I need it to (and more) but I dont like Sonys' "hands off" approach once the product was released.

And the camera, one of the selling points for me, sucks in the dark. They should improve that.

Still, the arc looks great!!

For an 8.1MP camera it's brutal, the 5.0MP on my old C902 was miles better but if you read the specs on the Xperia Arc then you'll see that they have enhanced the camera so it can be used in lowlight. But still, it's basically the same camera with no flash only an LED light. Having a 12.1MP with a Xeon flash would have been a HUGE selling point IMO but Sony Ericsson dropped the ball yet again it seems.

IMO the Xperia Arc won't be able to compete with the HTC Thunderbolt, simply because HTC have stepped up their game (the Thunderbolt will have a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, an 8MP camera with flash & 1080p HD recording and loads more RAM etc) while Sony Ericsson have just gone solely for looks again instead of trying to bump up their hardware to match their rivals.

The Xperia Arc is basically the Xperia X10 "lite"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

I agree the camera sucks. They are using the big megapixels as a selling point for the phone but its got zero zoom and no flash. My old cybershot is streets ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

The missus got the x10 mini pro a couple of months back, upgraded it to 2.1 that week and all was going fine till about 5 days back. Suddenly the battery has gone from lasting nearly 2 days (she wouldn't do a huge amount of browsing on it) to lasting about 10 hours if she's lucky and that's with the phone mostly lying idle. Did a bit of googling yesterday and found one issue with updates from the android market carrying on downloading despite reaching 100% download which was happening on a couple of apps so sorted that but it's made no difference, the phone didn't last the day after charging overnight.

She uses it for being on call with work as well so it's become a problem. She went in to carphone warehouse earlier but short of giving it back to get sent away they didin't have any help to give and they won't give a replacement smartphone while it's in for repair so having a regular mobile won't suit her bill tarriff as she uses web text apps etc a lot.

Anyone else had this problem and got any advice or solutions? Much appreciated if you do!

• Advertisement

Big Game wrote: »
    The missus got the x10 mini pro a couple of months back, upgraded it to 2.1 that week and all was going fine till about 5 days back. Suddenly the battery has gone from lasting nearly 2 days (she wouldn't do a huge amount of browsing on it) to lasting about 10 hours if she's lucky and that's with the phone mostly lying idle. Did a bit of googling yesterday and found one issue with updates from the android market carrying on downloading despite reaching 100% download which was happening on a couple of apps so sorted that but it's made no difference, the phone didn't last the day after charging overnight.

She uses it for being on call with work as well so it's become a problem. She went in to carphone warehouse earlier but short of giving it back to get sent away they didin't have any help to give and they won't give a replacement smartphone while it's in for repair so having a regular mobile won't suit her bill tarriff as she uses web text apps etc a lot.

Anyone else had this problem and got any advice or solutions? Much appreciated if you do!

Update on this, the HSPA / 3G symbol keeps flicking on and out and she can't get any web access short of going onto wireless networks.

Anyone having trouble with the 3G signal for o2 in and around Drumcondra to Beaumont area?

For all those sony erricson owner who used to use my phone explorer, it is now available for android phones.

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/home.php

There is an app on the market you need to download.

Can connect via wifi and usb.

Ok in follow up to my previous post re my phone not charging - after almost a month (Christmas delayed it I'd say) I got my phone back - they said they replaced the insides - it's working as new from what I can see so far but only time will tell.

Also I don't actually find the camera at all that bad - compared to other phones I've used. It is not a dedicated camera phone but still beats most. The flash is a let down however compared to the xenon flashes but the clarity is perfect in good light. Idealy it should have had the better flash on a "flagship model".

Just spotted this - had the same issue and then it just stopped taking a charge at all - make sure to back up the contacts ect. to the memory card just incase this happens to you too. Seems to be an issue with the xperia dying like from what I found online but I didn't see anyone giving an answer as to why. The Carphone warehouse replaced the insides of the phone and got it back to me no questions asked so I guess they are used to it also. Best to get it done now before it goes completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

Hey All,

Been playing around a lot with the X10 over the past few months and now I have in a state that I am happy with.
    Bit a messing involved, flashing and root access required but very happy now.
    Phone really quick, battery (normal use) 2-3 days.

This is what I have done:
    1. Install xRecovery - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=859571
    2. Install new flash - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=885956 - I think you can now use SEUS and get root using this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9052050&postcount=1, but that was not available when I did started.
    3. install optimized JIT - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=885977
    4. Install titanium backup
    5. Remove Face Recognition and Moxier. Possibly Timescape and Mediascape, but I didn't remove them
    6. install Autokiller - Set to optimised
    7. install juicedefender - v2.2.2beta - v. good. This version not on market anymore, but might be able to find it elsewhere...

Phone is now getting twice the benchmark scores in Quadrant - from ~400 -> 800. Feels snappier and the battery is lasting.

Hope this helps anyone out there getting a little frustrated with the X10!
    This works only for X10, similar steps can be implemented for the mini but different JIT and fw required....

Have fun!

shakel

PS. Not sure what effect this has on the warranty, I did send a phone back before that was rooted and it got replaced but no guarantees....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Just spotted this - had the same issue and then it just stopped taking a charge at all - make sure to back up the contacts ect. to the memory card just incase this happens to you too. Seems to be an issue with the xperia dying like from what I found online but I didn't see anyone giving an answer as to why. The Carphone warehouse replaced the insides of the phone and got it back to me no questions asked so I guess they are used to it also. Best to get it done now before it goes completely.

yes i had this problem after the update

Turned out the battery needed to be recallibrated
    Simplyest way to this is charge to maximum and leave it a little longer then drain the battery as fast as you can wifi brightness etc all on and do this a couples of times and the batteyr will return to normal levels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Update on this, the HSPA / 3G symbol keeps flicking on and out and she can't get any web access short of going onto wireless networks.

Anyone having trouble with the 3G signal for o2 in and around Drumcondra to Beaumont area?

Mine wouldnt find a signal after airplane mode, battery also went from about 2 days to 10 hours without even using it, it is currently with the "good" people of 3 awaiting repair.

Cheers for the reply mate.

Turned out there was a problem with the internet and MMS settings, downloaded them from the o2 site and reinstalled them and that sorted it no problem. It was constantly searching for the 3G signal and that was what was running it down. Battery is back lasting the guts of 2 days again now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Raekwon wrote: »
    So it looks like 2.1 will be the final update for the Xperia X10 as Sony Ericsson are pretty much abandoning their 9 month old flag ship device for an newer device, namely the Xperia Arc. They even managed to add insult to injury by claiming that their own tweeked version of 2.1 was actually better then 2.2 :rolleyes:

Plus their new Xperia Arc device doesn't have the rumoured improvements that everyone was expecting ie: 12.1MP Camera with Xeon flash, 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snap Dragon Processor, 1GB of internal memory etc. Instead it will pretty much have the same features as the X10 (8.1MP camera with LED light, 1GHz CPU, etc) so no really selling point apart from the slim design and the 2.3/2.4 Android Gingerbread OS. Full specs here.

Another opportunity lost by SE, will they ever learn? :confused:

Was playing with Arc today as it happens. Quite a nice device and it was running Android 2.3.

It was obviously a sample so I woudln't take too much away from the software experience but it did seem a bit laggy.

The device itself weighs about the same as my Galaxy S and is the same thickness on both ends but tappers in a bit towards the centre.

I defo don't like Sony Ericsson's custom skin that runs on top of Android.

Was playing with Arc today as it happens. Quite a nice device and it was running Android 2.3.

It was obviously a sample so I woudln't take too much away from the software experience but it did seem a bit laggy.

The device itself weighs about the same as my Galaxy S and is the same thickness on both ends but tappers in a bit towards the centre.

I defo don't like Sony Ericsson's custom skin that runs on top of Android.

Sweet! :D

Yeah Sony Ericsson's custom skin does get on my nerves as I'd like the freedom to choose my own skins but I'm really glad that they got rid of Mediascape as it was terrible IMO.

So what else impressed you about the handset? I heard that the camera has vastly improved on the Arc compared to the X10......which is pants IMO.

It's a flip-up between the Arc and the Desire HD for my next phone.

Btw I've created a thread on the Arc here if you want to add to it.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

When people say the battery life on the Sony Xperia x10 is bad, how bad are talking?

Compared to the Nokia N8, how bad is the battery? That's the only thing thats putting my off the X10, I wouldn't be really using for watching videos or gaming, just normal use and some music. Using the camera the odd time also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

superfrank wrote: »
    When people say the battery life on the Sony Xperia x10 is bad, how bad are talking?

Compared to the Nokia N8, how bad is the battery? That's the only thing thats putting my off the X10, I wouldn't be really using for watching videos or gaming, just normal use and some music. Using the camera the odd time also.

Well, the best that I ever got from mine was a day and a half!

Right now, i'll unplug it at about 8 in the morning on the way to work, then by about 10 at night it's asking to be charged again!

It's getting a bit annoying at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

marcbrophy wrote: »

Right now, i'll unplug it at about 8 in the morning on the way to work, then by about 10 at night it's asking to be charged again!

Thats fairly poor, Is there any sign of an update or anything to fix this issue. I read someone they were aware of the problem and were going to release an update to fix it?

I wonder whats that like compared the Nokia N8's Battery?

I find it really depends on what I use it for.
    If just using it for a few calls/texts during the day I'll get 2-3 days out of it.

For example today I have answered a couple of calls, have 3G on and Wifi on and I'm still at over 90% after 4.5 hrs.

If I start using the screen alot, movies, web etc then the battery drops. But unless I go really heavy I'm always about 40-50% at night. Days of light use up to about 75%.

I have a post some pages back on how to conserve battery.

superfrank wrote: »
    Thats fairly poor, Is there any sign of an update or anything to fix this issue. I read someone they were aware of the problem and were going to release an update to fix it?

I wonder whats that like compared the Nokia N8's Battery?

TBH superfrank, that is just my experience with the phone.
    I know that a lot of things are in play here when you talk about battery use.

What type of apps you use, if you sync data in the background during the day / night, whether you keep wi-fi active and 3G active, the list goes on!

I have no experience with the N8 so I can't provide an insight into it's battery life, sorry :)
    shakel wrote: »
    I find it really depends on what I use it for.
    If just using it for a few calls/texts during the day I'll get 2-3 days out of it.

For example today I have answered a couple of calls, have 3G on and Wifi on and I'm still at over 90% after 4.5 hrs.

If I start using the screen alot, movies, web etc then the battery drops. But unless I go really heavy I'm always about 40-50% at night. Days of light use up to about 75%.

I have a post some pages back on how to conserve battery.

Hi shakel, i agree that the screen use can eat the phones battery very quick! It would nearly be better to wear a watch than check the time on the phone!

I've found that if my phone is below 50% when i'm off to bed, i have to plug it into charge it, or i won't have enough power for my alarm to go off in the morning :pac:

I did see, that post of yours previously, some good tips in there, cheers! :D

• Advertisement

I've found that if my phone is below 50% when i'm off to bed, i have to plug it into charge it, or i won't have enough power for my alarm to go off in the morning :pac:

I have the phone and I dont have that experience at all. Sure the battery life is pretty bad but nothing like the above.

I would use it for listening to music in work,perhaps a bit of web browsing (wifi),wireless mouse control for the laptop.I charge it every other day I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

My x10 died during the night last Friday and wouldn't charge/ come on at all on Saturday.

It's with CPW now and I have a crappy Nokia from the stone-age. Only good thing I have to say about it is that the battery lasts about 5 days!

At this stage I've had it with the x10 and I'm hoping for some kind of other replacement, maybe a HTC or Samsung. Disappointing because up to now I would've been pretty loyal to Sony - phones, camera, TV, headphones but after this I've really been put off their phones.

Hey boosh_fan, only problem is you'll find battery problems with pretty much all smartphones unless you set them up to conserve battery. Even the "mighty" iPhone has battery problems...

You really have to be careful what apps you run, I have installed a few apps that take my battery from 2-3 days to 9-10 hrs. Once you identify the problem apps then you can get much more from the phone. From a battery and performance point of view.

Alright Folks,
    Got a question for ye. I have the Xperia with 3 and I am noticing that my phone changes it coverage from 3G to H and then back to 3G and then H etc.. Then it will lose connection and come back.

Is anyone else experiencing this...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭number_1

Last November I rooted my phone and did the SE update to Android 2.1 on my X10 mini.

2 weeks ago I plugged my phone into my PC and it said a new update was available. It downloaded and installed it. However, I can't see any difference now that it has received this update.

Has anyone else received an update recently? I was hoping it was the multitouch update they said was coming in 2011, but I don't know how to check for this! Any advice?

I have the phone and I dont have that experience at all. Sure the battery life is pretty bad but nothing like the above.

I would use it for listening to music in work,perhaps a bit of web browsing (wifi),wireless mouse control for the laptop.I charge it every other day I would say.

I know what you mean missingtime, for me it has to be my choice of apps running that cause the bad battery life!

I unplugged my phone at 7:40 this morning and right now it's at 55%. I think I made 1 phone call and received 2 messages! :rolleyes:

I think I might install a custom rom from xda at the weekend that is lighter on battery consumption!

padair wrote: »
    Alright Folks,
    Got a question for ye. I have the Xperia with 3 and I am noticing that my phone changes it coverage from 3G to H and then back to 3G and then H etc.. Then it will lose connection and come back.

Is anyone else experiencing this...?

I have the same setup, I see the same but assume it is going from 3G -> HSDPA depending on signal strength. I only see it drop off completely when have low signal. Then it often flips over to Vodafone on G. :(
    Last November I rooted my phone and did the SE update to Android 2.1 on my X10 mini.

2 weeks ago I plugged my phone into my PC and it said a new update was available. It downloaded and installed it. However, I can't see any difference now that it has received this update.

Has anyone else received an update recently? I was hoping it was the multitouch update they said was coming in 2011, but I don't know how to check for this! Any advice?

SE release another update a few weeks back, the main thing it addressed was a fix on the exploit that was used to get root access. But didn't take the devs over at xdadev long to get around that ;).
    It also addressed performance of mediascape and timescape.

Multi-touch is finally here! :D
    Now we have started the roll-out of the next update to the 2010 family of Xperia products.

This update can be done either using PC-companion or (for most markets) also over the air directly from your phone.

It brings optimizations and bugfixes along with some language additions and Pinch Zoom touch for X10.

The two highlighted additions in this update are:

* Addition of some bi-directional languages (Arabic, Farsi, Thai and Hebrew) – All products.
    * Pinch/zoom touch for mobile Internet and Google Maps. – Only Xperia X10.

An overview of what to expect from the Pinch Zoom support for Xperia X10 was described in this post back in November.

Besides the highlights above I have been trying out the X10 with this update for a while and seen some other nice improvements, some of these can be market and operator dependant though:

* Moxier in an updated version (2.7.13) that includes a great overview widget for e-mail, calendar and tasks.
    * Moxier e-mail shown in Timescape.
    * Possibilities of trimming videos in the phone.
    * Videos are transcoded to fit into MMS-messages even if they were recorded in high quality.
    * Minor changes to Mediascape with access to “Now Playing” in the top right corner.

For the mini products and the Xperia X8 we also have enabled the ANT+ support in the chipset. ANT+ is a standard for short-range communication with things like heart rate monitors etc. More info around it can be found atwww.thisisant.com or in the blog post my colleagues made at CES here.

The roll-out should start from now for the X10 and within a week or so for the other products but just as last time it will be a gradual roll-out where each and every kit needs different approvals before it can be released.

I’ve seen your comments on that some of you haven’t received the earlier update yet. Sorry but there are still a few kits remaining and I just want to confirm that we are working on it with our partners to get those approved and ready as soon as we can. I am monitoring your specific kit requests among the comments here and try to find out details when I can.

I'd expect this to be the very last major update for the Xperia X10 as the Xperia Arc will be released in 10 weeks and Sony Ericsson have already announced that they will not be releasing 2.2 (FroYo) for the X10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Keep getting a 'Could Not Update Software' message when I try the update OTA.

I downloads fine and then restarts the phone but just fails after about two minutes. Anyone else having this?

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    Keep getting a 'Could Not Update Software' message when I try the update OTA.

I downloads fine and then restarts the phone but just fails after about two minutes. Anyone else having this?

I got that when I tried to update.. Try using SEUS (SE Update Service) instead

I got that when I tried to update.. Try using SEUS (SE Update Service) instead

Will do when I get home. Seems odd though that the OTA update doesn't work.

Will do when I get home. Seems odd though that the OTA update doesn't work.

Sorry, I was not getting that at all. :confused: I did not see the OTA part (Over the Air)

Sorry, I was not getting that at all. :confused: I did not see the OTA part (Over the Air)

Maybe its because I rooted my phone... anyway, I will report back soon.

Has anyone successful updated their device?

I can't seem to get it at the moment. PC Companion, SEUS, OTA are all telling me that my software is up-to-date. I have my device flashed with the Nordic firmware and the build number is 2.0.2.A.0.24

Okay I just got it through PC Companion, I have to say that it seems alot snapper overall and multi-touch works perfectly in the browser and in maps. Btw the new build number is 2.1.A.0.435

• Advertisement

Okay I just got it through PC Companion, I have to say that it seems alot snapper overall and multi-touch works perfectly in the browser and in maps. Btw the new build number is 2.1.A.0.435

Nice one dude! I got the MT plugin from XDA last weekend, and has been working a treat ever since! Is there anything else in this update to get excited about? :D

Got it working through SEUS last night. I can't see any performance enhancements but the multi-touch works well.

It will do until I get to the end of my contract and can move onto the next new HTC.

Got it working through SEUS last night. I can't see any performance enhancements but the multi-touch works well.

It will do until I get to the end of my contract and can move onto the next new HTC.

I hear ya. I have only 10 months to go... Hopefully this phone explodes and I am offered a brand new phone not SE

So it seems like a few people are going to jump ship to HTC when their contract expires? Once bitten twice shy and understandably so but would anyone be willing to give the Arc are go? Unfortunately I signed an 18 month contract last April so I'm pretty much screwed until the end of this year. I'm going to see what sort of reviews the Arc gets before I dive across to HTC or Samsung.

So it seems like a few people are going to jump ship to HTC when their contract expires? Once bitten twice shy and understandably so but would anyone be willing to give the Arc are go? Unfortunately I signed an 18 month contract last April so I'm pretty much screwed until the end of this year. I'm going to see what sort of reviews the Arc gets before I dive across to HTC or Samsung.

I do like this phone but it does frustrate me from time to time, especially MediaScape because I use the music functionality more than anything else. I just downloaded doubletwist and that does me fine.

I've said this before but the camera is so so disappointing and since the Arc, I believe, is using similar technology and hardware is going to be a big turn off for me.

I will have to wait for the reviews of the Arc to come out I suppose but I'm not really in a rush to get a new phone at the moment, the contract runs out in August so I will wait and see.

I might just wait for Android 3.0 to get established on smart phones before I buy anything else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement