Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying house

Options
  • 27-10-2009 3:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Can people tell me what its like to live in the surrounding areas. i am looking to buy a property now. which areas have a good community feel, vibrant area with plentiful services, good transport, few nice local pubs and restaurants, sports facilities, few problems with antisocial stuff, ect

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

have you any rough ideas what part of south dublin you would like to live in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 venturegambler

I dont want to single areas out. I will be looking to purchase in about 8-12 (+ negiotation time) months and so have time to look at a few areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Stellin

If I was buying a house I'd buy in Stepaside. It's 5 minutes in a car to cinema & nice restaurants in Dundrum. New Luas station will be within 10 minutes walk of the village from next year. At the moment I drive to the Luas in Ballaly and I'm at my desk in the city centre within 45 minutes of leaving the apartment. Step Inn is a nice local and there's a new Restaurant and bar across the road now. Flemings butchers does nice pre-prepared meats and meals and Get Fresh is right beside it for fresh fruit and veg. You can walk up to Johnny Fox's in 45 minutes (justifies the pints when you get there). There's also a hidden Right of Way up the hill just outside the Rectory which brings you to the Blue Light in about 10 minutes, one of the best pubs in Dublin. You're about 30 minutes drive from mountains for hiking and the like. Easy access to the M50. Not sure what it's like for schools although I know there's definitely a National Primary school at Lamb's Cross. I've lived there the last 3 years and I haven't seen any trouble in terms of knackers, break-ins or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 patbrady877

I live in Rathfarnham - nice area, no hassle with teenagers ect - iam happy out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

If I was young free and single i would be buying in Dundrum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement