Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will happen when GoBus dies

Options
  • 27-10-2009 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what everyone else things will happen, will city link raise prices?? will city link keep upgrading their buses or use the new models to kill out feda o donnell?

Because of GoBus we now have a direct service to dublin and the airport, toilets on buses, wifi, and because of the competition city link has now upped its service. I mean look at the shannon route, no competition so 16euro adult to shannon on bus with no loo,

Im sad that Gobus is on the way out, it was a great service, and irish owned (from galway i think).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭quotaj

I'd say they'll just up the prices. They're pulling a Ryanair at the moment... running at non-profit/loss for a few months to kill off the competition.
    jayoo wrote: »
    will city link keep upgrading their buses or use the new models to kill out feda o donnell?

I would very much welcome a bit of competition on the Galway -> Donegal route. Feda do a great job but €30 return is far too much. Wouldn't take much to install wifi either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

Gobus is dying?!!!! :eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Gobus dying? :eek:
    Someone just tonight mentioned that Citylink was on the out, not gobus..???

Anyone any links to anything concrete?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

inisboffin wrote: »
    Gobus dying? :eek:
    Someone just tonight mentioned that Citylink was on the out, not gobus..???

Anyone any links to anything concrete?
    Link. This may be of interest it shows the lead up to whats happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

ScumLord wrote: »
    Link. This may be of interest it shows the lead up to whats happening.
    Okay then Mr.Smart Alec well done! I fell for it. Lamha suas ce-eile who else did.
    Please say it weren't just i?:D:):(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

Along with their normal service citylink have added direct buses to dublin, these buses run 15mins before each GoBus, they also dont have a licence to run these direct buses (not sure of the whole story here, but it was on the radio two weeks ago).

citylink is owned my metroline which is an eglish company, which is owned by some giant singapore company

do the math

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

jayoo wrote: »
    Im sad that Gobus is on the way out, it was a great service, and irish owned (from galway i think).

Jayoo - Do you have an official source that this is actually happening, or is it something you just think may happen???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

There was a report on RTE 1 radio just there that Citylink dont have licence to operate their dublin galway service via the motorways.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 m.anna

GoBus can't stop operating. That Citylink will have no competition and prices will go up, standard will go down. I'm always taking GoBus to Dublin - much better than Citylink. And with loo on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I cannot find anything official on Gobus stopping their service online and nothing on their News page, hence lock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Update - Someone PMd me and said:
    Just heard about it on the news there, apparently citylink may not have the required license and it's debatable if Gobus do. The two owners had a bit of a argument over it, as they would. It was on today FM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement