Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with wedding abroad?

Options
  • 27-10-2009 3:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi there.

I don't really care where we're going to get married, only there needs to be some views, beach, warm water, maybe a small hotel or villa by the beach, 22-25 degrees and some planner that could work with us on both wedding and our trip and stay.

Does anyone have any experience with that kind of wedding and could give us locations/planners details we would be grateful.

The ceremony would be civil only so we don't need any churches to be in radius. only a beach with gazebo or something similar.

Cheers

Mags

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭bungaro

hi mags,
    we're getting married in the algarve in 2011 and are using a great wedding planner called paula from algarve wedding planners (google it). she has loads of options for venues and types of weddings and cost-wise we're getting great value. we're really happy with her and know people who have used the company before too and highly recommend it! check out the website and drop her an email if you like what you see

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭MagDee

thank you, email sent.

We've also got in touch with Polish planners to go to cyprus or jamaica and the prices in Poland are like half the price we got from Irish planners, maybe this will be helpful to someone. look around in different countries, they are quite happy to book flights from Ireland and very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Have a look into Nerja in Spain. Myself and the better half are getting married there next June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Dee_animallover

MagDee wrote: »
    Hi there.

I don't really care where we're going to get married, only there needs to be some views, beach, warm water, maybe a small hotel or villa by the beach, 22-25 degrees and some planner that could work with us on both wedding and our trip and stay.

Does anyone have any experience with that kind of wedding and could give us locations/planners details we would be grateful.

The ceremony would be civil only so we don't need any churches to be in radius. only a beach with gazebo or something similar.

Cheers

Mags

Hi Mags

We are getting married next year in Malta. Also having a civil ceremony in the gardens of a private villa. Only thing about Malta is the beaches arent great! Weather is fantastic, people are lovely, food is yummy, they use euro and its cheap!

If you want any more info or want details of our planner pm me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MarryMe

My sister was at one time thinking of getting married in Kefalonia, but decided for home instead ... she was introduced to wedding planners in Kefalonia on one of her trips ... My Greek Wedding planners, and found them very useful and professional. Try them, you never know!!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭TravelJunkie

Hi,

A very good place to get married is Cyprus. Besides the brilliant weather it's really simple and you only have to be there 2-3 working days before.

It is also good value.

There are all sorts of wedding planners - a tour operator that does it here are concorde travel. Or ring the tourist board perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Hi Mags

We are getting married next year in Malta. Also having a civil ceremony in the gardens of a private villa. Only thing about Malta is the beaches arent great! Weather is fantastic, people are lovely, food is yummy, they use euro and its cheap!

If you want any more info or want details of our planner pm me :)

Oh I like this. I hear scuba is good in malta. We'd love to get married abroad and have a shindig when we come home for family and friends.
    Always like the thoughts of Malta, but would agree, beaches are not great. BUT scuba, we'd love to learn....
    Can you send me some details. Where you are having it and all... Thank you

Advertisement