Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheamus thread. ***most recent Raw/PPV spoilers***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

dsmythy wrote: »
    First order of business for Sheamus is to murder Hornswaggle for reasons of getting rid of the troll and of course getting over as a heel.

i would pay to see sheamus bart the crap out of hornswoggle it would be brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Best of luck to him.He might rise to the challenge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think its great.

Look at Kofi. He was raw when moved to RAW but now look at him. He can put on a great match and is now getting to move up the roster. WWE always move guys they think have potential.

This can only help Sheamus.

RAW is full of short matches. Sheamus can do big moves as he is strong which suits short matches. Instead of working shows with a limited group of guys he is now on a show where there are more people to learn from day to day outside the live shows. Instead of Shelton and Goldust he can work with the best around like HBK or Hunter. The added exposure will help his career. This is the best way for him to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Sheamus finally will get his hands on Finlay at Survivor Series! First PPV appearance. Onwards and upwards.

John Morrison
    Evan Bourne
    Shelton Benjamin
    Matt Hardy
    Finlay

vs.

The Miz
    Sheamus
    Dolph Ziggler
    Drew McIntyre
    Jack Swagger

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sheamus finally will get his hands on Finlay at Survivor Series! First PPV appearance. Onwards and upwards.

John Morrison
    Evan Bourne
    Shelton Benjamin
    Matt Hardy
    Finlay

vs.

The Miz
    Sheamus
    Dolph Ziggler
    Drew McIntyre
    Jack Swagger

Some good potential one on one matches to look forward to there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Drew and Sheamus in the same match at Survivor Series. God be with the days they used be wrestling each other below in the forum in Waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

John Morrison
    Evan Bourne
    Shelton Benjamin
    Matt Hardy
    Finlay

vs.

The Miz
    Sheamus
    Dolph Ziggler
    Drew McIntyre
    Jack Swagger

Wow. I think I might be looking forward to this match the most. Apart from Finlay and Hardy, this is essentially the future of the WWE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

So much potential for a really really good match in that 10 man tag. Hopefully they give it a good 15-20 minutes and just let them let rip. First time I've seen one of these matches where literally everyone in it has it in them to really really go 100 miles per hour and theres no real dead weight.

As Ger said theres something heart warming to see Drew and SOS go at it on a big four PPV for the biggest company in the world after all those nights wrestling in the GAA clubs of Ireland. Dreams really do come true.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articles/12155082/nobleupdate

Sheamus is now a force to be wreckened with!!:D:D

They are really selling Noble's injuries!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,132 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Neither Drew or SOS deserve to be in that match ahead of Zack Ryder. :mad:
    Woo Woo woo you know it.
    The crowd will **** all over that match, not one of those guys have got a pop EVER.

(EDIT. apart from Matt. )

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Woo Woo woo you know it.
    The crowd will **** all over that match, not one of those guys have got a pop EVER.

In fairness if you don't give them the time and the platform such as this to get themselves over they never WILL get a pop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Woo Woo woo you know it.

and maybe Miz, and maybe Morrisson, and maybe Finlay:rolleyes:

flahavaj wrote: »
    In fairness if you don't give them the time and the platform such as this to get themselves over they never WILL get a pop.

True, but do you really think that Drew and Big Red deserve to be on the PPV more than Ryder who has been one of the undoubted highlights of ECW in the last few months?

Shaneomac wrote: »
    and maybe Miz, and maybe Morrisson, and maybe Finlay:rolleyes:

I stand corrected on the Miz. :o
    But Morrison? Truth is more over than him and nobody has given a **** about Finlay since he lost the midget, Yoshi is more deserving of a spot than him. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

John Morrison
    Evan Bourne
    Shelton Benjamin
    Matt Hardy
    Finlay

vs.

The Miz
    Sheamus
    Dolph Ziggler
    Drew McIntyre
    Jack Swagger

Oh that does look pretty good - some great young talents on there.

True, but do you really think that Drew and Big Red deserve to be on the PPV more than Ryder who has been one of the undoubted highlights of ECW in the last few months?

50-50 really. Drew and Seamus are probably more likely to make it in the long term than Ryder. When did Vince ever give a monkeys what happens on ECW? I don't think Ryder's pops have exactly been blowing the roof off either.

Bear in mind ECW has been my favourite TV show pretty much since it began and I usually love almost everything thats done on it.

In a way, I'd have preferred to have Ryder or Yoshi on the face team rather than Finlay. But then the idea of Sheamus and Finlay in a match together on opposite teams is just too good an opportunity to pass up, seeing as how Finlays on SD and Sheamus is on Raw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ive a feeling we may just have a lot of conversation about this fella now so a bump was needed imo, btw if you have not seen Raw stop reading now...
    Sheamus vs John Cena for the WWE Title at TLC in a table match is official after SOS won a battle royal on Raw and then put Cena through the table he had just used to sign the contract for his first WWE main event match. G'Wan Big Red!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

ok according to pro wrestling insider he is in the main event at TLC vs John Cena!!!
    He really is being fastracked.
    I hope he does ok. i think its too much too soon for sheamus
    i personally would like to see him in there with a taker hhh hbk just incase

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

urgh...seriously WWE needs to slow things down a notch.
    I would have liked to have seen Sheamus get anouther 2-3 months of beating mid-carders.

Pushing him into a match with Cena now is a no-win situation. It's a throwaway PPV and I would be absolutely stunned if he did anything but lose to Cena...maybe at best Cena wins by DQ or something.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    urgh...seriously WWE needs to slow things down a notch. I would have liked to have seen Sheamus get anouther 2-3 months of beating mid-carders.

Pushing him into a match with Cena now is a no-win situation. It's a throwaway PPV and I would be absolutely stunned if he did anything but lose to Cena...maybe at best Cena wins by DQ or something.

I agree. Its too fast. And Sheamus will hardly win, not with the Royal Rumble coming up. I would have preferred to have seen Swagger get the shot, at least he's a former ECW champion. Or MVP. MVP really needs to start main eventing I think. This would have been the perfect opportunity. Although MVP is a face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sheamus will lose the TLC match vs Cena. Finlay will cost him the match (beat down of Finlay after the RAW match yesterday as the build to it) and that will put Sheamus into a program with Finlay for a couple of months.

Thats my guess anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

It wouldn't be the first time they've fast-tracked a guy who the top brass thinks has lots of potential. Though I think they'll have him lose, he might be elevated by having a competitive match against a main-eventer - a la Kofi Kingston. So long as they don't do a Miz on it, and Cena is good enough to carry a guy who still has a few flaws in his game, this could be a winner: the good-guy champ getting pushed to the limit by the monster heel. Where have we heard that before....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its great for him really,call it being being buddies with HHH or whatever Irish begrudgery excuse, but the man went from a debut to main eventing a ppv in a few weeks, fair ****ing play to him I say, regardless of whether he wins the title or not it'll only be good for him, and its showing that WWE are pushing new stars, with The Miz, Kofi, Swagger, etc all emerging as people that will be main eventers in the next year

krudler wrote: »
    Its great for him really,call it being being buddies with HHH or whatever Irish begrudgery excuse, but the man went from a debut to main eventing a ppv in a few weeks, fair ****ing play to him I say, regardless of whether he wins the title or not it'll only be good for him, and its showing that WWE are pushing new stars, with The Miz, Kofi, Swagger, etc all emerging as people that will be main eventers in the next year

I agree. Since Summerslam, WWE (and Raw in particular) have really started pushing guys. Legacy being booked pretty strongly against DX, Sheamus, The Miz becoming US Champion and defeating JoMo twice now, Kofi becoming a total badass.

This is brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Woah this is crazy, go on the Sheamus. :D Let's hope you're not another Kozlov. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

SuperCena will beat him at TLC :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I want to agree, I really do, because i've been calling for new faces at the top of the card for years. However, while it's great for him leading up to this match- it could be a disaster. There's a very good chance his bout with Cena will completely suck, and then what? Who will the blame be placed with? Not with Cena. This is way too fast for him to be entering a Tables match for a title on a PPV (especially given that straight-up tables bouts have a patchy history). That's a big, big ask. But at least it's different, and for that reason, I'll definitely be watching.

Best of luck to him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I want to agree, I really do, because i've been calling for new faces at the top of the card for years. However, while it's great for him leading up to this match- it could be a disaster. There's a very good chance his bout with Cena will completely suck, and then what? Who will the blame be placed with? Not with Cena. This is way too fast for him to be entering a Tables match for a title on a PPV (especially given that straight-up tables bouts have a patchy history). That's a big, big ask. But at least it's different, and for that reason, I'll definitely be watching.

Best of luck to him though.

Having a gimmick match straight away could benefit them both though, lets face it Cena usually needs someone to carry him through his matches, or at least someone with either a monster heel persona like Umaga or Khali, having the threat of the match being able to end without him being able to mount a SuperCena comeback will at least give it a bit of tension, theres plenty of spots they can do to work around both mens shortcomings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Having a gimmick match straight away could benefit them both though, lets face it Cena usually needs someone to carry him through his matches, or at least someone with either a monster heel persona like Umaga or Khali, having the threat of the match being able to end without him being able to mount a SuperCena comeback will at least give it a bit of tension, theres plenty of spots they can do to work around both mens shortcomings

Completely disagree with the Bold. Cena is a GREAT performer.

Yeah thinking about it- at least it doesn't have to Main Event actually, and a tables gimmick is better for them than a ladder one.
    Hopefully they get it right. I imagine this will fall into the Khali/Show/Umaga formula, of having really cleverly worked, imaginative use of props. There's definitely room for optimism.

Advertisement