Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LICENCES ARRIVED!!!

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Tezza99 wrote: »
    Cass, would you recommend following it up with the station in portlaoise or would that just serve to p**s them off!?
    I'm waiting three weeks now for a sub. I was thinking of ringing myself, but recently a mate (also in Portlaoise) got his back signed by an Inspector in Mullingar. So it seems to me that there is no Super available to sign off on them, and so the licenses are sitting waiting to be signed.

The only reason i have not rang already is because of the receipt letter. It means the application is in the system, and just needs signing off on. So i believe it's a man power issue more so than an particular issue with the application.

So my advice, as it applies to myself too, is to wait a little. Now i also have two other FCA1's in for a full application. These can take up to 3 months so if your one is a full application then they have 8 more weeks to make a decision. I would say wait. If it's a sub then wait until Monday and ring. That's what i intend to do.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tezza99

Yeah I might leave it another while before I make any phone calls!,

Or maybe see if I can get a friendly Guard to suss it out for me!!

Cheers for the advice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

If you are ringing anyone ring the district office and speak to your supers secretary she will know what the score is, If you are nice she might even leave your application back on the top of the pile.:) I find the lads in my local station constantly try and fob me off and make up conflicting stories so I don't deal with them at all any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gtx

Both acknowledge and grant letter recieved today happy out three weeks not so bad..:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Dropped 4 renewals up to the station on Saturday afternoon, grant letters arrived in yesterdays post! :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Dropped 4 renewals up to the station on Saturday afternoon, grant letters arrived in yesterdays post! :D:D:D:D

....and the acknowlegments arrived today:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I got my firearm certificate grant notice letter today.

License for a CZ 455 .22lr

I applied for a silencer at the time, submitted my letter which was reviewed by the FO, he said I should have no problem getting it.
    But should this be noted on my grant letter? there is no mention of it.

I am not a member of a target/rifle club, I will just be using the rifle for vermin control and my main reason why I need the moderator is for the protection of my hearing.

I get the feeling that when I get the license in the post, there'll be no 'S' on it....or maybe it will.
    I'm hesitant on ringing the super just yet on this, don't want to be annoying him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

It's never on the letter, have to wait for the actual licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Yo may wait lad its normy only on the license its self

Thanks for clarifying that lads.

Hopefully its on it when i get it. Will post here when i do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Backfire wrote: »
    I got my firearm certificate grant notice letter today.

License for a CZ 455 .22lr

I applied for a silencer at the time, submitted my letter which was reviewed by the FO, he said I should have no problem getting it.
    But should this be noted on my grant letter? there is no mention of it.

I am not a member of a target/rifle club, I will just be using the rifle for vermin control and my main reason why I need the moderator is for the protection of my hearing.

I get the feeling that when I get the license in the post, there'll be no 'S' on it....or maybe it will.
    I'm hesitant on ringing the super just yet on this, don't want to be annoying him.

A friend of mine used hearing protection as part of justification for a moderator, and the super asked him tonget a letter from his doctor stating that his hearing would be impacted. He got the letter, at a cost of fifty euro for a doctor visit, submitted it with his application, and then got refused the moderator!

Now, he did use other reasons, such as not wanting to disturb or first hen livestock etc, but still didn't manage to get the moderator.

A friend of mine used hearing protection as part of justification for a moderator, and the super asked him tonget a letter from his doctor stating that his hearing would be impacted. He got the letter, at a cost of fifty euro for a doctor visit, submitted it with his application, and then got refused the moderator!

Now, he did use other reasons, such as not wanting to disturb or first hen livestock etc, but still didn't manage to get the moderator.

I have to say that's out of order. On the supers behalf. Infainess general health and safety regulation would tell you it would affect your hearing. I would of though a guarda never mind a super would at least have that much knowlage of health and safety.

Then to ask to a letter and still refuse him.

No way I wouldn't take that ****e that's just making a flute out of a lad and wasting every ones time.

I have to say that's out of order. On the supers behalf. Infainess general health and safety regulation would tell you it would affect your hearing. I would of though a guarda never mind a super would at least have that much knowlage of health and safety.

Then to ask to a letter and still refuse him.

No way I wouldn't take that ****e that's just making a flute out of a lad and wasting every ones time.

spot on mate.

The super in my area used to request letters from the doctor for the moderator in terms of your hearing, even if you had no hearing problems up till then. But I was told when I was applying for my license in August that they don't expect letters anymore. He said that the whole point of the sound moderator is to keep you away from the doctor. Almost direct quote there :)

My local super is granting licenses for moderators, but only on the grounds of health and safety in terms of your hearing. They don't care about disturbance to locals or livestock. But it differs from area to area.

I am just worried that some mistake was made in the processing of my license and that the moderator was not accounted for. But I wont know that for sure until I get it in the post next week. Paid the €80 at the post office today.

To be honest I couldn't see why you wouldn't get it on a 22. There 6 to a penny on 22's. Wait and see lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭skinnylizzy

I applied for a mod. Gave all the relevant reasons and didn't get it granted. I never got a letter of refusal so I rang the FO hoping it might have been an oversight but he told me the Super never grants a mod for a .22 because they're not that loud to begin with............ I dunno????

Advertisement