Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LICENCES ARRIVED!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭JDBLASER

jwshooter wrote: »
    does any one know if a permit for the mod is on the licence or not
    Yea there is a "s" on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

JDBLASER wrote: »
    Yea there is a "s" on it..

That's on all of them, even the shotgun ones, if you're referring to the S in the holograph in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Lodged my renewals/re-applications on Sept 11th, getting a specified, signed and dated receipt.:D

Oct 8th, called into District Office, inquiring as to why no receipt of application letters. Told it would be all worked out.;)

Oct 23rd, called Division office to see what the hold up was. They had never heard of me.:mad:

Oct 27th, called back to District office, big investigation between them and FAO.:confused:

OUTCOME : must be lost in post between local and district offices (less than 1 mile), sorry but don't worry it wll be ok.:(

So much for a new streamlined, efficient system. Come Saturday i am now a criminal on the ERU hitlist:eek:

Recieved 3 grant letters, 2 of which had wrong details. Local, district and divisional sergeants all on leave this week.

Never saw that black cat that I must have killed.

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

jwshooter wrote: »
    does any one know if a permit for the mod is on the licence or not

No it is not

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Recieved 3 grant letters, 2 of which had wrong details.

Name?, cert number?, firearm name?, ammo amount?, addresss?

Which details are wrong.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

I applied for my licences on the 20th of august and still hav'nt heard squat back from the gaurds if they were recieved.....i rang the superintendant on the 24th of october to see what the story with them was to my astonishment they said the forms must be still sitting in the local station:mad:

My old licences expired on the 31st of oct...i now have 4 unlicenced guns at home some load of bull,i also applied for a licence on a new 682 beretta o/u while i was applying for the other guns so the dealer doesnt know where he stands on this sale either:mad:

Any ideas on what i can do if anything??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

tikkamark wrote: »
    Any ideas on what i can do if anything??:confused:

Talk to the local station?

Contact your local station would be job number one. Locate the applications then get them to the Super and your FO.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

ezridax wrote: »
    Contact your local station would be job number one. Locate the applications then get them to the Super and your FO.

I've never heard of a firearms officer in my area i just was told to deal with the local sargent.

Rang the station and they told me it was grand to shoot away till january because there was'nt any licences isssued yet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Same as that Mark on the F.O.

I went into Clifden this morning and asked for the FO. Got met by an odd look and told "He's supposed to be on but he's off" Okkkkk, "Come back at 2pm" (When we've had a chance to think up a better excuse).

Back home, met the local Garda. FO? What was his name? That fella? Sure he's only a young fella, he won't be able tell you any more than me.

That's me done with asking after F.O.'s anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

In most stations the Firearms Officer is the guy who deals with you at the counter.

Most stations will nominate a Garda to act as a firearms officer. Some of the smaller stations will not have an FO but the same Garda usually deals with all firearm matters. This is the case with my station. No FO but i'm lucky that the 2 Gardai in my local can both deal with my firearms issues.

Any Garda can technically take in an application. All they really do is accept the application. An FO can go that bit further and give an opinion, especially in the smaller districts, on the individuals. This is something that the Super would rely on.

You have 2 options. Go to the station leave in the application and bring a ready made form to have signed by the receiving Garda to say you have submitted your application. The second would be to post your application directly to the Supers's office and have the post registered. By the way a small tip is to copy (scan onto PC) your applications.
    ..............there was'nt any licences isssued yet!!!

I'm assuming this is in your locality only?

Most stations will nominate a Garda to act as a firearms officer. Some of the smaller stations will not have an FO but the same Garda usually deals with all firearm matters. This is the case with my station. No FO but i'm lucky that the 2 Gardai in my local can both deal with my firearms issues.

Any Garda can technically take in an application. All they really do is accept the application. An FO can go that bit further and give an opinion, especially in the smaller districts, on the individuals. This is something that the Super would rely on.

You have 2 options. Go to the station leave in the application and bring a ready made form to have signed by the receiving Garda to say you have submitted your application. The second would be to post your application directly to the Supers's office and have the post registered. By the way a small tip is to copy (scan onto PC) your applications.

I'm assuming this is in your locality only?

Ah yeah the Sargent would be be firearms officer alright but id say he would give you quare looks if you called him that!Im lucky to find any guard in the station never mind at the front desk in my town,im ringing them all evening and no sign of them about yet:rolleyes:

I already applied for the licence's back in august and filled in the forms perfectly-the guard made a point of it been the first new application he had received so i sure as hell aint applying for it again and waiting till february or so for a legitimate licence.

The whole thing is a joke!

tikkamark wrote: »
    Ah yeah the Sargent would be be firearms officer alright but id say he would give you quare looks if you called him that!Im lucky to find any guard in the station never mind at the front desk in my town,im ringing them all evening and no sign of them about yet:rolleyes:

A pain most of us have felt at some stage
    I already applied for the licence's back in august and filled in the forms perfectly-the guard made a point of it been the first new application he had received so i sure as hell aint applying for it again and waiting till february or so for a legitimate licence.

The whole thing is a joke!

Sorry. Was on one line of thought and jumped a bit. I even said it in my own post.

Anyway, locate the applications. I have just been through the exact same process with my pistol license. From the Chief Supers office down to my local station. Took nearly two weeks but when thet realised i wasn't going to sit back and let it happen at their pace i soon got the application. I attached the extra paperwork and drove it from my local to the FOs station. Got him to call upstairs and ask the Super down. Took 45 mins but he came down. Handed the application to him and told him i had informed the CS office that it was back with him (Super) and would be passed to the CS inthe apprpriate amount of time.

A bit overkill but i'm not going through all that again. Try something similar.

A pain most of us have felt at some stage

Sorry. Was on one line of thought and jumped a bit. I even said it in my own post.

Anyway, locate the applications. I have just been through the exact same process with my pistol license. From the Chief Supers office down to my local station. Took nearly two weeks but when thet realised i wasn't going to sit back and let it happen at their pace i soon got the application. I attached the extra paperwork and drove it from my local to the FOs station. Got him to call upstairs and ask the Super down. Took 45 mins but he came down. Handed the application to him and told him i had informed the CS office that it was back with him (Super) and would be passed to the CS inthe apprpriate amount of time.

A bit overkill but i'm not going through all that again. Try something similar.

No you were dead right to dig into that matter the way you did least you got it sorted in the end.
    I will ring around tomorrow during the day(when there might be some hope of finding someone and try to find out where my applications have disappeared to.
    All the districts that are issuing licences at the moment must be a bit more competent than mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Woo hoo - got my lot in the post this morning.... :D with the requested rounds too I might add.

Those little wallet thingys tho leave a bit to be desired - barely big enough to slot in the cards - but I'm not complaining. HONEST :rolleyes:

Time to get back on the range I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Thats good to hear LB,that somone has got somthing in the Limerick area.:) Happy shooting!
    Grizz

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

LB6 wrote: »
    Woo hoo - got my lot in the post this morning.... :D with the requested rounds too I might add.

Those little wallet thingys tho leave a bit to be desired - barely big enough to slot in the cards - but I'm not complaining. HONEST :rolleyes:

Time to get back on the range I think!

Well done! What type of firearm did you get licensed for?

2 rifles and a small piece - all .22's tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lead loader

Received my grant letters today thank god!! As with a lot of other applicants i received the 'applications received' confirmation letter in this mornings post as well. I applied for three restricted and three non restricted licences. Have heard nothing on the restricted licences yet though:mad: What's interesting though is that one of my firearms is a sako quad .22lr and i have a .22wmr barrel for it. Both of which are covered by the one firearms certificate so €80 to licence the lot:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Got three things home today; mammy and baby number 4 home from the Coombe, and my air pistol licence. Came with correct serial number, correct make, correct calibre, and low-and-behold, the 5000 limit I requested.

The process was quite uneventful, but they did ring me telling me it needed to be licenced as restricted as the model is not on the commissioner's guidelines, but I gave them a quick lesson on the new act and they came back with the good news. The girls processing them were real easy to deal with. Felt like we had a shared burden.

All I need to do now is crawl out from under my rock and put in the licence for the Mossberg Maverick I paid my dealer for about 3 months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lead loader

Congrats Bigred! On both counts- new arrival and the pistol licence. Its great to hear that the application process went well for you, particularly when most lads are having such problems with the new system. 5,000 rounds on licence- you did well;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I now have 3 licenses, no sign of the two more that I applied for (unrestricted).

I got all my licenses (almost) a while back. Shortly after i got the receipts from An Post for the licenses. Problem is i'm waiting over 2 weeks now for my .22 license. I have the receipt from an Post to say it was paid and processed. Rang the FPU and he confirmed that the license was paid for, printed and posted. Told me to ring him Tuesday (tomorrow) after lunch if it still had not arrived.

Anybody suffering this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I have my (unrestricted) shotgun license but no word whatsoever on my (restricted) pistol license yet.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

Bananaman wrote: »
    I have my (unrestricted) shotgun license but no word whatsoever on my (restricted) pistol license yet.

B'Man

+1

I got the shotgun yesterday. Still awaiting 2 Pistol (9mm and .22) licenses. I called the Chiefs Office yesterday evening. "It is my understanding that you will receive something in the post Tuesday or Wednesday" was the reply. I said good evening and did'nt push as to the contents. I'll let you know tomorrow......

.............Problem is i'm waiting over 2 weeks now for my .22 license. I have the receipt from an Post to say it was paid and processed. Rang the FPU and he confirmed that the license was paid for, printed and posted.............

Damn newbie postmen. Tracked my license down this afternoon. New postman covering for a few days. My address is located between two townslands so sometimes i get my post wth the area, village and one of the 2 towns, then county. If its the wrong town the original postman knows from the area and village who i am. The newbie didn't. So he sent it back down to Kilrush. Anyway license located and being sent back to me.

just your luck ez - hopefully you'll have them soon enough. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Came home today expecting to find the licence waiting for me. Saw a shiny looking envelope with my name on it. Giggidy, I thought. However, this was not my licence, but notice that I had paid for my licence. :p So now you get a letter telling you you've applied, then one telling you you're successful (hopefully), then one telling you you've paid for it, then the licence itself (I presume!). Jaysus, the poor rainforests! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Wait til you get the bill for all the letters

B'Man

Advertisement