Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LICENCES ARRIVED!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭marlin

got all licences in the post this morning and three letters telling me I,d paid for them got the ammo allowance I wanted for beretta and 223 but only 100 for air rifle,I,ll have to ask the dealer to remove 400 before selling me a tin lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

My first one arrived this morning. Paid for it in the PO on Friday and here today, so a three working day turnaround.

Ammo request reduced from 1000 to 750. It's a bit like a dutch auction :D

Edit: just to add that the 0.73 that appeared on a lot of licences seems to have disappeared on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Congrats RRPC - same with mylot - 3 day turnaround.

I was lucky my SI gave me the 1k on each of the licences - nice nice lady! lol :D Would you consider going back and asking for an increase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

i got the licence for the bsa international three working days after i paid for it in the post office , i asked for a thousand round limit and thats what i got :D .

LB6 wrote: »
    Congrats RRPC - same with mylot - 3 day turnaround.

I was lucky my SI gave me the 1k on each of the licences - nice nice lady! lol :D Would you consider going back and asking for an increase?
    Not really as I've another two on the way, the last one is my target rifle in January and I'm going the whole hog on that. :D

750 is 650 more than I originally had on the Pardini ;)

• Advertisement

rrpc wrote: »
    750 is 650 more than I originally had on the Pardini ;)

Funny - I was almost thinking the same thing - 1k was 1k more than I was nearly expecting ;-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

ezridax wrote: »
    .......... Rang the FPU and he confirmed that the license was paid for, printed and posted. Told me to ring him Tuesday (tomorrow) after lunch if it still had not arrived........

Lads, credit were its due. Got my .22 rifle license this morning and with all the bad mouthing that goes on about different groups (myself included) i have to say the Garda Firearms Policy Unit are worth their weight in gold. In my previous posts i explained the loss of my license and my contact with the FPU. As busy as they are they (the one i dealt with) still took the time to follow up on my query, trace my license and ring back to make sure i got it. A well oiled machine. Don't know if everyone or anyone is as happy with them as i am but i must say they are a pleasure to deal with, easy to talk to and more importantly deal with the issues and follow up.

Well done to them from a happy .22 owner.:)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

congrats ez!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Congrats Ezri :)

Excellent result Ezri and fair play for giving credit where it's due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Myself and the old boy applied for our licenses (4 in total, him a shotgun and a .22 and myself a shotgun and a .243) on the 6th of this month, our extensions were up on the 31st of October. Received the payment notices today! Quick turnaround or what! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

I have extensions until next April but I have just changed address so the Gardai advised me to submit the FCA1's with my new details as there was no way of amending the 'old' licenses. They said that once my details were in the 'new' system my change of address would be on record. Dropped everything up to the station last Sunday (15th). A very helpful Garda Sgt went through everything, spotted a box I'd forgotten to tick, and said I'd be notified in due course. 3 days later (18th) I get confirmations with ref numbers from the Supers office and today (23rd) I get notified that all 4 applications were successful! 8 days, and only 5 of them working days. Is this a record?:D

However, I have 30 days to pay the fees after which the licenses will be posted out to me, so I suspect I've lost my April extension unless they do actualy come into effect on the 1/5/2010 - has anyone had their extension cut due to early application?

Also, nothing mentioned about the moderator application for the .22/250, although the Sgt seemed happy with the cover letter explaining why I needed one. I shall wait and see....

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Bananaman wrote: »
    Wait til you get the bill for all the letters

B'Man

+1

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

I think mine is the other extreme. Left all 3 in on Sept 14. Got acknoledgements for 2. Nothing since. Made 2 phone calls to date and was told that they are on Pulse. Great system eh :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

8 days, and only 5 of them working days. Is this a record?:D
    Nope, I have you by one day :D
    On the other hand, I only got three licences, you got four, so that might be a record for your security class...
    However, I have 30 days to pay the fees after which the licenses will be posted out to me, so I suspect I've lost my April extension unless they do actualy come into effect on the 1/5/2010 - has anyone had their extension cut due to early application?
    No, your extension stays in force until April. So you effectively have two licences for the one firearm until then.

Sparks wrote: »
    So you effectively have two licences for the one firearm until then.

With different amounts of ammo on each, take your pick Garda!!!

With different amounts of ammo on each, take your pick Garda!!!
    Your new licence mightn't commence until the extension runs out. People who were in 31st October got their licences commencing on 31st October even though t hey weren't issued until some time in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Got my two notification letters yesterday granting me permission so they will be in the post with payment tomorrow.

On another note a cousin of mine applied for his first ever licence for a .22lr on the 7th of this month and got his notification letter yesterday granting him permission. He is over the moon just under 3 wks since he submitted his forms

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Eight weeks now since applications went in for four firearms. Three visits to the barracks three phone calls, still no acknowledgement letter, no calls to referees, so SNAFU. But this is just normal round here.

sfakiaman wrote: »
    Eight weeks now since applications went in for four firearms.

My 4 took 8 days, your 4 have taken 8 weeks and counting...

Looks like nothing has changed in some areas while other supers have embraced the new system. When are the tax paying firearm owners going to get a proper consistent service nation wide?

• Advertisement

My 4 took 8 days, your 4 have taken 8 weeks and counting...

Looks like nothing has changed in some areas while other supers have embraced the new system. When are the tax paying firearm owners going to get a proper consistent service nation wide?
    To be fair, we can't expect consistency from area to area where the numbers are vastly different. District A might have 50 to handle whereas district B might have 500, then you have the couple of districts I know of where there's no Super, only an Inspector 'acting as' Super and what that means is that a district is missing at least one senior officer which has a knock on effect on all the work in that district.

We know for example that Wicklow and Wexford have proportionally higher numbers of licences than other divisions, figures from 2006 here:

Garda Division Total no. of firearms licensed
    Division|Number||
    Mayo|10,613
    Clare|7,895
    Kerry|8,948
    Donegal|11,288
    Limerick|8,759
    Cork City|3,739
    Cork West|10,260
    Cork Nth|8,579|Total Cork|22,578
    Tipperary|14,347
    Galway West|8,911
    Louth/Meath|17,362
    Laois/Offaly|13,030
    Sligo/Leitrim|6,802
    Carlow/Kilkenny|15,865
    Cavan/Monaghan|14,379
    DMR Eastern|4,157
    DMR West|3,821
    DMR Nth|3,617
    DMR Nth Central|223
    DMR South|2,675
    DMR Sth Central|511|Total Dublin|15,004
    Wexford/Wicklow|17,815
    Longford/Westmeath|11,478
    Roscommon/Galway|11,052
    Waterford/Kilkenny|11,644

So the time taken may just be indicative of the size of the workload.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

got my grant licenses today
    no mention of ammo amount or mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

endasmail wrote: »
    got my grant licenses today
    no mention of ammo amount or mod

There won't be until you get your licenses, ammo limit will be on the back, there may or may not be an S for your moderator in the lower left hand corner on the front.

If there isn't an S, before doing anything else, if you happen to know a cop, get them to check your cert numbers on Pulse to see if a mod is recorded there or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

My grant letter notice letter just arrived. So I'm off to the post office to pay the fee. Anyone any ideas of the time difference between paying the fee and the cert arriving?

3 days. Max 5. Should have it Friday morning or Monday at the latest.

Congrats.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Congrats.

Cheers thanks for that ezridax, I was starting to get worried as its only a few day off the three month mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Congrats.

I've been waiting a few weeks. Going to call tomorrow if it's not there when I get home.

Originally Posted by Oldeyes
    Thanks for that Ezridax, I hadn’t spotted that number at the end of the receipt.

I gave them a call and was told that there was a “glitch” in the system on the week of the 16th Nov which was only discovered last Friday 27th Nov and that my licences should be here in a few days.
    Hopefully

It wasn't me,this lad was in the same position and when he rang he was told about a "glitch" in the system in and around the time you paid for yours. Ring an post and confirm you should get the same reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Just to help out here if I can (I work within An Post).... Yesterday morning we got a memo on the system that was forwarded to us from Garda HQ. It basically said that the Garda were having a technical "issue" with the "printing" of licences which had been granted and paid for. Sounds a bit odd that they only have one printer hooked up to the one computer in Phoenix Park... but anyway we'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sounds a bit odd that they only have one printer hooked up to the one computer in Phoenix Park... but anyway we'll see.

Ah now! I'd be shocked and horrified if I heard it were anything else. :p

Advertisement