Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LICENCES ARRIVED!!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

........ It basically said that the Gardai were having a technical "issue" with the "printing" of licences which had been granted and paid for............

If you can keep us up to date on this that would be great (to whatever extent you can of course). I got the last of my grant letters this morning and paid for it at about one o clock. If there is a delay due to technical issues its handy knowing so i'm not wasting time ringing people asking questions they cannot really answer.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

No problem. There is no confidentiality issue around this for me. We were informed so that we could inform you, our lovely hardworking, straight-shooting, roses-giving-at-Christmas customers!!!:D

Whatever I know I will let you know.

Those teeny weeny printers they use to print those teeny licenses must be a bast*r£ to try to fix. Maybe they just don't have screwdriver small enough!;)

.........We were informed so that we could inform you, our lovely hardworking, straight-shooting, roses-giving-at-Christmas customers!!!:D

Ass kissing will get you nowhere.................... (except with me, continue):D

Whatever I know I will let you know.

Cheers.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mightymouse311

just got a letter from wicklow station to say they recived my application and would consider it over the next 3 months that all normal you say but my problem starts here i handed in my application the first week in september to arklow station and they're only send the dam thing to wicklow now wat is there problem like 3 month past already thats the stalking season and my lease up in smoke for this year should i keep my mouth shut r say something to them

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Still not even a letter of acknowledgement here..............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DonalP

It took 8 weeks to get the local cops to process my application, I posted off the payment to An Post, 2 weeks later I get a letter telling me that I have paid and the licence will be post shortly? That was 3 weeks ago, still no licence.

Fit to explode:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

got my three grant letters today:) over three month's waiting for them but happy as the proverbial pig now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

better late than never ghostmantra - congrats.

Right then, another memo forwarded from Garda IT (whoever he is!) today at the Postoffice and they now say that the teeny weeny printer is all better. Apparently they thought it might have caught swine flu somehow but it was a false alarm. License backlog expected to be cleared "quite quickly". Must be outsourcing it then!

Lindt Lindor are the current favourites of Postmasters these days in case anyone is interested. The white ones are on special in Tesco I hear!:D

Good luck everyone with your licenses.

DonalP wrote: »
    It took 8 weeks to get the local cops to process my application, I posted off the payment to An Post, 2 weeks later I get a letter telling me that I have paid and the licence will be post shortly? That was 3 weeks ago, still no licence.

Fit to explode:mad:

Just a note here for anyone wondering whether to post off your applications or go to your local post office. You get to hold onto your grant letter if you do it at the PO whereas if you post it off you don't get it back, and you are then at the mercy of the slower payment system. All of my customers expect to have their licenses within about 5 to 7 working days of payment at my counter, and in the meantime they have their receipt and grant-letters. Some are even arriving faster. One happy bunny last week got his in 4 days. Only food for thought for those of you awaiting deer rifle licenses while the season wastes away!

And even though I have said it before, the staff at the postoffice are bound by a secrecy pledge not to disclose any information gained in the performance of their duties so they are not going to tell anyone what you have or don't have and if being professional will not even read that on your grant letter. It's a sacking offense for post office staff to gossip about anyone's personal business that they conduct in a PO.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the update target widow, at least now I have some hope, maybe just maybe I will get sorted by Christmas, so a warning to anyone else, don't post off the grant letter, go to the Post Office.:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭touchyie

Well lads, I'm like a dog with two mickies tonight!! dropped my application in for my 223 2 1/2 weeks ago, got my acknowledgement letter yesterday, so i figured i should hear in jan or feb, arrived home from work this eve to discover my grant letter waiting for me. this must be some sort of record!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Well I got my acknowledgement letter after my grant letter.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Vinniew

was a wee bit late dropping mine in to the local stations.
    Extension was to end of October, didn't get my apps in until mid November.
    Was VERY surprised to have my grant letters back within 11days....the receipt of app arriving one day later.....
    One very happy chappy....considering it's taken the guts of 5 months to get an airpistol permit before....despite having held a pistol license from 05..

Go figure

V

Vinniew wrote: »
    .........Was VERY surprised to have my grant letters back within 11days....the receipt of app arriving one day later.....
    One very happy chappy...........

Congrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭happyjack

[

Lindt Lindor are the current favourites of Postmasters these days in case anyone is interested. The white ones are on special in Tesco I hear!:D

:p Ohh those lindor choc's are something else, numy numy,;)
    :DI really like the milk chocolate ones.

;)Thats a good idea staying in touch with my local PO and processing my firearms licenses payments locally, there by keeping the covering letter, I'll drop box a choc around to my post mistress tomorrow.:o

HJ:)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Got my acknowledgement letter, but whats the grant letter? I dont know feck all on whats happening, its my first gun. Also if i was refused a liences, should i get a full refund on any money i paid off on the gun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

The acknowledgment letter comes to say yes, the Gardai have received your application officially.

The grant letter, hopefully next, tells you that you have been successful in your application, happy days.

You send in payment then, and either your licence or an An Post letter will hit your door next.

When you get your license, away you go and get yer gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Thanks for that, a bit more up to date now!

Skiptz, most important that when you get your grant letter, pay your fee at your local post office, don't post it off with your visa payment. I paid mine that way and 3 weeks later I'm still waiting for the licence. Anybody who paid via the post office gets the licence a lot faster plus you get to keep your grant letter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

2nd set of 4 licenses arrived today! Nice to have spares:D

My two licences arrived this morning, time to bust clays, at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

My 4 arrived today :D only half tha ammo though, oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

mine came in as well
    no probs on any of them and with the little S in the corner of the license

whats the "little s" for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

the little S is for permission to use a mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

3 arrived today; 2 air (one short, one long), 1 rim (long, with S).
    Correct required rounds granted.

Just short of 9 full weeks since application.

No word on other shorts, got requests for more info; despite comprehensive, nay, exhaustive initial submissions, they were misplaced perhaps, followed by decision likely before middle of Jan 2010 letters.

Is there a smiley for nonchalant?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

My two came this morning with the "s" on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭.50 (MOA)

the oul fella got his two grant letters this morning for the address we lived at 4 years ago, good job its my brother lives there or it could be anyone getting these letters.
    • renewals were paid in the new station for the last 3 years,
    • old station was told about the problem when extension letters also came for the old address
    • licences were applied for at new station
    • application received came to old address
    i thought these applications were supposed to be a practically entirely new application like he was 16 or whatever, yet they seem to be using the old info for everything, it looks like the new address was never typed in to the systyem at all.

as far as i was aware the grant letter should be signed for by a cheif super if a restricted licence was applied for, both are signed by just a supernintendo so i think they've got it wrong again. its the super in letterkenny if it makes a difference (vaguely remember it being said that a cheif could delegate if he wanted- might be entirely wrong here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

My side by side arrived today with 200 rounds. I buy the Elys in boxs of 500 for clay shooting. I asked for 500 which is not unrealistic - is it?

Advertisement