Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LICENCES ARRIVED!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DonalP

knockon, 500 is not unrealistic, I also shoot clays, I asked for 750 (the Garda web site suggests 750 to 1000 for clay shooters) but got 500. It looks like they will reduce your allocation no matter how many you apply for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

i applied for 500 and got 500

Thats fair enough, some people are lucky with their local Gardi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I applied for 1,000 and got 100 which was increased to 250 after querying with Super :rolleyes:

Guidelines, forget it, they aren't worth paper they're written on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

There is no consistency in firearms issuing policy, exactly the same situation seems to be in effect as prior to the commencement of the new license.
    Individual Supers pick and choose as to what they will and won't issue.
    The guidelines are as much use an ashtray on a motorbike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

From what i hear, applicants who ask for more than the recommended amount of ammo are being given 100ish. I asked for the maximum recommmended (750 shotgun, 200 CF rifle) and got them. A friend who asked for 1000 for the shotgun got 100 - same Super:mad:

I don't think there's any logic being applied, its just pure random and luck

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Got 200 for the .25-06, as requested. Will be possibly applying for a further increase on the .22LR when it's renewed from 5,000 to 10,000 in order to take a trip to Germany and batch test, so hopefully won't be a problem there.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

Got my 4 this week. .22, .223, .270 and 12g shotgun, had ticked the box for silencer for .22 and .223 but no mention of silencer on either licence.
    Had also applied for different amounts of ammo for each but got 100 rounds on all 4 licences... Still, happy to have retained all four without too much hassle...

smallfry

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

I got my o/u 12g yesterday at last.
    Applied for 250 and got 250.
    Sound local lads I suppose
    A Country Voice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I got mine today,
    O/U 12g.
    Ammo wise I asked for 250 and got that.
    So I'm happy with that result.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

got three to day:D:D:D, one renew? and two new.......ammo 200 for 22lr which is up by 100.... 100 for .243 ... 500 for shotgun just what i asked for:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭happyjack

I got my licenses in October, 500x on my shotgun and .308 and 1000x on my 22 pistol.

HJ:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Gortglas

I spoke to the Supers office today, and regarding and outstanding licence. They say that it has been granted with them since Nov 16th, and I should have recieved my payemt letter by now.

They say that it is now out of their control as that part is outsourced.. so how do I follow up... I have been granted a licence by my Super, but cant pay for the thing and collect the gun.

aggghhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Gortglas wrote: »
    I spoke to the Supers office today, and regarding and outstanding licence. They say that it has been granted with them since Nov 16th, and I should have recieved my payemt letter by now.

They say that it is now out of their control as that part is outsourced.. so how do I follow up... I have been granted a licence by my Super, but cant pay for the thing and collect the gun.

aggghhh.
    I received a firearm cert grant notice today...It has an enquiry phone number on it: 1890 333 555. Give it a call...

Good luck with it
    Dwighet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

DonalP wrote: »
    knockon, 500 is not unrealistic, I also shoot clays, I asked for 750 (the Garda web site suggests 750 to 1000 for clay shooters) but got 500. It looks like they will reduce your allocation no matter how many you apply for.

i only applied for 100 and got 250, figure that one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

Got all grant letters yesterday and paid straight away,up to 30 days before i recieve licence's,if i needed to buy ammunition what would i be supposed to do??apart from limbo i've been in since end Oct!!will my 3yrs commence from end of extension or issue of licence,sorry if this has already been gone through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Got all grant letters yesterday and paid straight away,up to 30 days before i recieve licence's

In reality (and obviously assuming there are no postal or admin cock-ups;)), you should have the actual FAC licence back to you in 2 - 5 working days.:D

If you paid directly at an Post, you should definitely receive the final "card" in 2 - 3 working days.

Or that's been my experience to date so far on my two licences!:D
    will my 3yrs commence from end of extension or issue of licence

Just checked the licences - It seems that the 3 year period runs from whatever date is on the top right hand corner of the Firearms Certificate Grant Notice Letter. Well, actually, the day before the date on your letter.

It will have the expiry date on your actual licence card anyway.
    if i needed to buy ammunition what would i be supposed to do

Now, that all depends on your own dealer!;)

Hope that's of some help.

dC

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

knockon wrote: »
    My side by side arrived today with 200 rounds. I buy the Elys in boxs of 500 for clay shooting. I asked for 500 which is not unrealistic - is it?

I sent a letter to the Superintendent on Tuesday. His office called today and apologised for the mistake. A new license will be issued with 700 Cartridges. That was quick and painless.

I can't say the same about the 2 SIG's - Appeal on Jan 6th in the DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

knockon wrote: »
    I sent a letter to the Superintendent on Tuesday. His office called today and apologised for the mistake. A new license will be issued with 700 Cartridges. That was quick and painless.

I can't say the same about the 2 SIG's - Appeal on Jan 6th in the DC.

good luck with the appeal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

murph226 wrote: »
    good luck with the appeal!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭freddieot

Good luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Got my licence today for my hmr. with the S my anxious wait is over.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

marlin vs wrote: »
    Got my licence today for my hmr. with the S my anxious wait is over.:D

congrats man!

dCorbus wrote: »
    In reality (and obviously assuming there are no postal or admin cock-ups;)), you should have the actual FAC licence back to you in 2 - 5 working days.:D

If you paid directly at an Post, you should definitely receive the final "card" in 2 - 3 working days.

Or that's been my experience to date so far on my two licences!:D

Just checked the licences - It seems that the 3 year period runs from whatever date is on the top right hand corner of the Firearms Certificate Grant Notice Letter. Well, actually, the day before the date on your letter.

It will have the expiry date on your actual licence card anyway.

Now, that all depends on your own dealer!;)

Hope that's of some help.

dC
    Yes thanks dC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Granted for my new .308 in the post yesterday....yippee

Got all licences yesterday morning,didnt expect any trouble but relieved none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Got my four unrestricted in the post this AM!
    What a surprise!As I wasnt expecting them or the postman with the roads in the condition they are here.Now the wait for the restricted three begins...:(.yet it is bizarre,two shotguns are restricted and they are issued no problems,the third is as well,but no sign of that one.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Congrats Griz - hopefully Santa will have the rest of them for ya soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Tricky1127

I`m only replying to see what new... Great thread

Advertisement