Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pimp your council house

Options
  • 27-10-2009 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Given that council houses tend to be quite small, a lot of imagination is required to give them a really individual feel. Seems that one Limerick resident has managed to do this

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gangster-pimps-his-council-home-1924941.html

The question is, would Hello magazine be interested in doing a full colour article with lots of photos? I'd be interested in seeing the glass sinks. And a fireplace that you can sit in? How did he fit that in a council house sitting room?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Nice to see our taxes are being well spent anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Which one on Hyde Rd is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Probably has pimped the outside as well. Maybe someone could take some photos if they live near there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I'm guessing it's either the one with the big high steel gates or the peachy coloured corner one?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's either the one with the big high steel gates or the peachy coloured corner one?

Well both those houses have owners with the right second name to match the article in the paper.

Have you ever driven past the one with the big steel gates when the gates are open?

Nice to see the dole can pay for such a fleet of expensive cars.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

I really think that Hello magazine would be one to a winnner if they could feature this house. Or MTV cribs. ICE-T allowed cameras into his home a few years ago, he showed them where he stored his assault rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

I`m sure its tastefully decorated:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Even the dogs on the street can pick out the council houses across Limerick that have been "pimped out" by drug money. It is widespread. Whats that sitting outside the door? A brand new-pick up with massive alloy wheels, or maybe a 5 series BMW. Oh look is that a 42inch plasma tv on the wall?

Funny how they can afford such luxuries when they are on the dole.

Makes you wonder what on earth CAB are up to, because the same people across Limerick have been at it for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

My parents are from weston its not a deprived neighbourhood i hate hearing this.There is plenty of people who dont bother anyone who live normal lives.All the people there are given the same schools,etc its what you make of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Should be dragged kicking and screaming out of their chav hole and shot on their driveway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

My parents are from weston its not a deprived neighbourhood i hate hearing this.There is plenty of people who dont bother anyone who live normal lives.All the people there are given the same schools,etc its what you make of it

I don't think anybody mentioned Weston and deprived here.

It is a neglected area of the city and the people you mention are of course just like the rest of us - going about our business and bothering nobody.

We are not talking about those people in this thread.

Advertisement