Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fergie V Referee's Round 14 [read mod note in OP/post#1]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

glanman wrote: »
    How is it bullshít?? Just because its anti fergie and calling it like it is?? The red nosed man plays refs, plays other managers, plays other clubs and plays the FA. They are facts

What half decent manager doesn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

How is it bullshít?? Just because its anti fergie and calling it like it is?? The red nosed man plays refs, plays other managers, plays other clubs and plays the FA. They are facts

Shouldn't there be a H in that Facts,

As Boggles has just illustrated other Managers Moan about Refs from time to time. Fergie does it and theres calls for United to be deducted points etc. Really there's noting new in what he said, we've herd similar from lots of managers. The mock outrage is just point scoring and funny TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Anyone calling for docked points is an imbecile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

Fergie is a child, he likes when people do what he wants and then throws a fit when they don't (not talking to the BBC, leaving press conferences, etc...) No other manager does the sh1t that he does and gets away with it as much as he does.

why are you saying it is bullsh1t so? Your not making any sense... What is bullsh1t about what martinez has said

Des wrote: »
    Anyone calling for docked points is an imbecile.

Agreed , we've seen it in this thread, personally I wouldn't want to see united win anything under those circumstances. The win at all costs mentality is sad from a sporting POV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

lads, this is all a non-story.

people, including myself, think Fergie has too much influence.

Rafa's mate Martinez shockingly agrees.

it doesn't surprise me that people are jumping on it a bit; but there's no need to make a song and dance about it.

very funny to see people do so though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Boggles wrote: »
    Cringe worthy drival, Martinez standing up for his father Rafa.

Absolute bullshít!!

And what relation is Fergie to Moyes ans Sam then?
    You wouldn't be being a little two faced there would you Boggles?

So Fergie coming on and talking about Big Sam crying into his cornflakes for days after the Blackburn game, because of Big Bad Rafa is acceptable.

Or Big Sam coming out before pretty much every Liverpool vs Blackburn, or Liverpool vs Bolton game for the last 5 years and talk about how Fergie is better than Rafa, isn't "cringe worthy drivel".

Or Fergie coming out and completely, and deliberatly, misquoting Rafa about Everton, only to come out 4 months later and actually say something worse than what he pretended Rafa said about Citeh, is perfect.

Cause it's normal, and acceptable for Fergies friends to support the Scott, but not for Rafa's friends to back him.

What was it you said again?
    Oh yeah.

Absoloute bullshít!!

Fergie is a child, he likes when people do what he wants and then throws a fit when they don't (not talking to the BBC, leaving press conferences, etc...) No other manager does the sh1t that he does and gets away with it as much as he does.

why are you saying it is bullsh1t so? Your not making any sense... What is bullsh1t about what martinez has said

Why is it Childish to stand firm on a principle, Some might say Liverpools fans decision to boycott the sun is childish others would respect them for standing up for their beliefs.

If you don't understand the agenda I'm as sure as shíté not going to explain to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Whatever your personal opinion is of King Alex, he is still the greatest manager in the history of the universe.

And what relation is Fergie to Moyes ans Sam then?
    You wouldn't be being a little two faced there would you Boggles?

So Fergie coming on and talking about Big Sam crying into his cornflakes for days after the Blackburn game, because of Big Bad Rafa is acceptable.

Or Big Sam coming out before pretty much every Liverpool vs Blackburn, or Liverpool vs Bolton game for the last 5 years and talk about how Fergie is better than Rafa, isn't "cringe worthy drivel".

Or Fergie coming out and completely, and deliberatly, misquoting Rafa about Everton, only to come out 4 months later and actually say something worse than what he pretended Rafa said about Citeh, is perfect.

Cause it's normal, and acceptable for Fergies friends to support the Scott, but not for Rafa's friends to back him.

Oh yeah.

Absoloute bullshít!!

How did Rafa need backing? Why did he mention Rafa?

Martinez is trying to start a little Spanish V the rest mentality.

It's a complete joke.

Nice to see you back by the way Karma, you were missing there for about 4 games. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Cringe worthy drival, Martinez standing up for his father Rafa.

Absolute bullshít!!

You have got to be kidding me. After the bile he has come out with over the last 8 months.
    Or Fergie coming out and completely, and deliberately, misquoting Rafa about Everton, only to come out 4 months later and actually say something worse than what he pretended Rafa said about Citeh, is perfect.

Oh yeah.

Absoloute bullshít!!

This is the crux here, just to show that Fergie was embellishing things to support an attack whilst making an even worse attack himself several months later.

It's a complete joke.

Nice to see you back by the way Karma, you were missing there for about 4 games. ;)

Nothing to say about his actual post, then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

According to SSN Martinez has denied that he said those comments about Sir Alex Ferguson.

If you don't understand the agenda I'm as sure as shíté not going to explain to you.

Ok that has cleared it up so:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yawn. Rafa v Fergie.......once again

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »
    Why is it Childish to stand firm on a principle, Some might say Liverpools fans decision to boycott the sun is childish others would respect them for standing up for their beliefs.

What principal is he standing firm on exactly? :confused: Is it if people dont agree with him he will walk out/refuse to talk to him??

Are you comparing fergie boycotting press conferences/bbc to liverpool fans boycotting a national newspaper because they claimed in their headline in the days following Hillsborough:

"The Truth.
    Some fans picked pockets of victims
    Some fans urinated on the brave cops
    Some fans beat up PC giving kiss of life."

What exactly are you comparing here....

i would suggest that, he's a colleague and friend, and felt he should back him publically. i don't like these sort of petty 'us versus them' things being public, or existing at all, but he obviously reckons Ferguson has enough other managers backing him, and he wanted to show his backing to Rafa.

he had reason to mention Rafa specifically because he was the guy who read the infamous letter last year.

It's a complete joke.

this is not about Ferguson, but did you think it was a joke when Allardyce backed Ferguson after that Blackburn game? because if you did, then i can maybe understand you being outraged by this. that was a far more ridiculous accusation than this.

i personally believe all of this sort of pettyness should stay out of the public eye (Martinez included) anyway. it's all very handbags and one-upsmanship. but obviously Martinez felt the need, rightly or wrongly.

What principal is he standing firm on exactly? :confused: Is it if people dont agree with him he will walk out/refuse to talk to him??

Are you comparing fergie boycotting press conferences/bbc to liverpool fans boycotting a national newspaper because they claimed in their headline in the days following Hillsborough:

"The Truth.
    Some fans picked pockets of victims
    Some fans urinated on the brave cops
    Some fans beat up PC giving kiss of life."

What exactly are you comparing here....

I assumed when you berated Fergie for his refusal to conduct interviews with the BBC that you knew his reasons, obviously I was wrong. It all makes sense now.

Because they exposed his son? Hardly the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Jesus Karmafaeire most biased probably annoying Liverpool poster there is lol posts dripping of arrogance!

• Advertisement

who me??:confused: I'm a villa fan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

No, not you :pac:

Because they exposed his son? Hardly the same

Explain please your version of the story, please don't be like the BBC and actually provide some proof of your allegations.

smegball wrote:
    Jesus Karmafaeire most biased probably annoying Liverpool poster there is lol posts dripping of arrogance!

And you're username isn't Karmafaeire.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

It's a complete joke.

Oh come on, no he's not trying to start anything vs. anything else, he's essentially standing up for a mate, who's been up against a very institutionalised system, where the british old guard still hold all the sway.

I would of loved if he didn't name check Rafa, but either way what he said was perfectly true.

mayordenis wrote: »
    I would of loved if he didn't name check Rafa, but either way what he said was perfectly true.

Ammmmmmm....He has denied saying it?

Sorry I didn't know of Kamafeires post and thought Jesus Kamafeire was a phrase he was using, sorry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Martinez is the man just for the "...Sam Allardyce, who thinks he'll be Ferguson's successor at Old Trafford..." comment alone.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Martinez is the man just for the "...Sam Allardyce, who thinks he'll be Ferguson's successor at Old Trafford..." comment alone.

that's the only thing i'm really going to take out of this whole thing to be honest.

Explain please your version of the story, please don't be like the BBC and actually provide some proof of your allegations.

the guy who did panaroma was a prominent united supporter, michael crick. He even did an autobio on fergie before the expose. he had problems with fergies sons business dealings and from what I remember of these at the time he was pretty justified and gave a lot of good evidence both in the show and in the book.

What are your problems with the claims in the TV programme?

Are you saying fergies doesnt throw a hissey fit when things go against him?? he doesnt hold grudges against people if they question him. no manager has fallen out with so many reporters, tv stations etc thatn him.

in the last few weeks alone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH3mxtv8B9Q

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3740591/

go to 9.20

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

SlickRic wrote: »
    that's the only thing i'm really going to take out of this whole thing to be honest.

Even though he's now denied saying it?
    :confused::confused:

That's a lot of direct quotes and name dropping just to be made up. How do you know Whelan just didn't tell him to toe the line and deny it?

yup.

the idea that Allardyce might think he has a chance at the Old Trafford job will stick with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Agreed, it's the funniest thing I've read today so far. Just the slightest hint of bitterness as well.

SlickRic wrote: »
    yup.

the idea that Allardyce might think he has a chance at the Old Trafford job will stick with me.

Personally I think he's the man for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Martinez's interview was given to Sid Low, who is one of the most respected journalists in Spain & is a personal friend of Martinez.

unless there is legal action taken against Sid Lowe, i would surmise that Mr Whelan (Martinez's boss,who is quite clearly in love with Ferguson), has told Martinez to deny hoping the story willl go away.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Martinez's interview was given to Sid Low, who is one of the most respected journalists in Spain & is a personal friend of Martinez.

unless there is legal action taken against Sid Lowe, i would surmise that Mr Whelan (Martinez's boss,who is quite clearly in love with Ferguson), has told Martinez to deny hoping the story willl go away.

lolz

Another case cracked by Detective Alan.

He musn't be that respected Al, Martinez has called bullshít and rang Ferguson with an explaination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I look forward to the inevitable high profile law suit in that case. Also looking forward to Sid Lowe's explanation on the guardian podcast next week.

still personally think Whelan had a hand in this sudden retraction. doesnt make sense to make up an entire interview like that.

also interesting to note, nowhere does he say that he didnt say it?!more that it was a misunderstanding.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/8331674.stm

perhaps they were off the record comments.

• Advertisement

I look forward to the inevitable high profile law suit in that case. Also looking forward to Sid Lowe's explanation on the guardian podcast next week.

still personally think Whelan had a hand in this sudden retraction. doesnt make sense to make up an entire interview like that.

also interesting to note, nowhere does he say that he didnt say it?!more that it was a misunderstanding.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/8331674.stm

perhaps they were off the record comments.

lolz :D

What is it with you and the term "lolz"?

Advertisement