Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCC Members & Boardsies

• 27-10-2009 11:43am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

There are a few of us now who are active here & also members of DCC.

What would you think of us forming a small group to put together an exhibition to be hung in the Gallery?

We did have the Boards Exhibition earlier this year, which was not restricted to members, but it will be a while before that can be repeated in the DCC Gallery. It is seen as a good thing to have exhibitions of Members Work on exhibit, and I think we have the quality that is necessary.

So ..... who's interested?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I hope my pictures are really good enough, but I'm interested.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

Colour me intrigued

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 fanuel

I'm a member of the DCC and would be interested. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

great timing, planning on popping along tonight to the meeting with a view to joining,

how would it work?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

tullie wrote: »
    great timing, planning on popping along tonight to the meeting with a view to joining,

how would it work?

Will be good to see you along. Make sure you come & see me after the meeting as I show new people around the building.

As for the Exhibition, we will form a sub-group & then ask to have some exhibition time provisionally granted. We would then meet, both in person & online to prepare a body of work to display. When we are close we would show what we have to get final permission for the exhibition. The images will have to be of an acceptable quality to get the final approval.

There is space to hang about 30 photographs. While we will have individual styles we should try to get the images to also tie together as an whole. It should be fun working towards it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bo Malicious

Im not a member of DCC but would be very interested in getting involved in an exhibition.

What kind of theme did you have in mind?

cool, will do

and sounds great

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Im not a member of DCC but would be very interested in getting involved in an exhibition.

What kind of theme did you have in mind?

No theme. Just what those who are involved like to shoot.

I am afraid the Exhibition for Boards was earlier this year. This one will be a DCC Sub-Group. If you want to become a member you would be welcome to join in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

I'm Game after being a DCC Lurking member for a long time,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

duffarama wrote: »
    Colour me intrigued

Me too ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Count me in boss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 robertcochran

Yes, could be interested

Would it be possible to meet before the meeting next Tuesday?

Say at 7.30?

I could be there earlier than usual

Afraid I won't make next Tuesday at all. If you could wait another week maybe? Otherwise I probably can get an update when I'm back.

Shouldn't be a problem. 7.30 then..

Cheers Caban Sail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 robertcochran

CabanSail wrote: »

Say at 7.30?

I'll try and make it for then, but depends on when I get away from work. But I'll certainly be down at the Club on Tuesday

I can do next tuesday at 7.30....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I'll try to get there. Count me in. Lack of time caused delay with my response.

Can I show whatever I want? Shock therapy for the old and bored minds of distinctive minds? :D

• Advertisement

CabanSail wrote: »

Say at 7.30?

Definitely interested, depending on how things go, hopefully would be able to make it on Tuesday.

Would still like to be involved though if I can't make it, and yes i will be joining DCC.

I should be able to make it early next week. Maybe...

Is everyone still on for tomorrow night ..7.30 as agreed ?

Yes

Simplicius wrote: »
    Is everyone still on for tomorrow night ..7.30 as agreed ?

S'pose

should be grand. The club? Or Devitts? <evil laugh>

sineadw wrote: »
    should be grand. The club? Or Devitts? <evil laugh>

I thought the real club was in Devitts :D

Don't forget that tomorrow night is the close for entries for Novembers winter league ;)

I thought the real club was in Devitts :D

Don't forget that tomorrow night is the close for entries for Novembers winter league ;)

Ah crap!

sineadw wrote: »
    Ah crap!

Don't "Ah crap!". Just get the finger out !! :D

• Advertisement

Don't "Ah crap!". Just get the finger out !! :D
    May be a bit late or that - I'm in college all day tomorrow.. Oops...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 fanuel

CabanSail,

I couldn't make it yesterday....worked late :(
    can we have minutes from the meeting?
    are you going to organise another one?

cheerio

hey folks,
    been out of action for the past few weeks, any developments?

There have been all sorts of developments ..... some of them negatives!

Been stupid busy with stuff this last week so late with the update. I put this proposal to Council last Thursday night. I did not ask for it to be approved outright as that is not going to happen but asked it be approved in principle. It has been.

That means that we can start to get some images together & when we have a selection of prints ready they get shown to those that do the selection to see if they are of suitable quality. We need to be honest with each other to improve our own quality. The aim of this is that everyone involved gets something out of it, whether they get diplayed this time or not, it will still be a good learning exercise.

right, sounds good, so lets get cracking,

so how does this work will there be another meeting? (Apologies for missing the last but it was out of my control. )

We should meet on a night other than Tuesday as time is quite short before the meeting & I expect to get busier myself soon.

Maybe a Monday or Thursday evening?

Devitts or the Club?

• Advertisement

I'm fine on a Monday or Thursday in the near future. But if we should bring already prints then maybe not next week?? And I would vote for Devitts. Definitely nicer to sit there:cool:

I'm not at all sure of availability for meetings at the moment TBH - I'm feckin swamped! :( Could we do at least some of it on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Yes, we could. Common sense is saying - get your pictures ready in electronic form till the end of January to share it with other BCC (Bards Camera Club members). After short period of receiving feedback from involved people, make the final decision for the prints and have them ready till the end of February.

Any objections? No? I really cannot see any...

Good, sorted, agreed ;)

thondaocracy is back! yay! \o/

ok so does that mean there isn't a meeting? and that it'll be boards based for a while? Sorry I'm new at this so slightly confused

• Advertisement

We are all new to this .... so don't worry.

I think working online for now is fine ..... but meeting up occasionally does involve Beers food-smiley-004.gif

The only problem with Thondaocrasy is that he only drinks Lemonade!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

I was planning on popping into the club on Tuesday with a colleague from work to register for the upcoming beginners course. Is this ok with ye? Would there be time before your meeting?

Thanks!

Advertisement