Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barnsley v Man Utd, Carling Cup 27th of Oct

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Time for the man, the legend, the icon yes it's john o'shea to help see this game out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

only1stevo wrote: »
    What an idiot. At least he'll be out for a few games.

absolutely ridiculous post :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Alright let's see that

Da silva-Evans-Evans-Da Silva defense.

Are the 2 Evans brothers?

Jesus I'm gettin nothin right tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah.

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Definite red imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

lol dont worry Alan, they are brothers ;)

Just to be sure....... United will never win this game now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Definite sending off IMO. Left his foot there after winning the ball. No need for that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Barnsley have had a few decent chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Definite sending off IMO. Left his foot there after winning the ball. No need for that at all.

definite yellow yes but a straight red? im not so sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

But it is a bit harsh to get a three match ban for that. See a lot bader thanthat, with only a yellow card.

Barnsley should of scored at least once. SAF puts a team out to score goals. Cannot see Barnsley scoring 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Miap

Some great saves by Foster in last few minutes!!

Another world class save for the Ben Foster collection.

Now, if he could only catch crosses and kick the ball consistently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Liam O wrote: »
    absolutely ridiculous post :rolleyes:

Well its a definite red, nothing ridiculous.

Him being out for a few games means more game time for Rafael hopefully and one less unreliable player to choose.

And ManUtd, learn how to spell/type before thanking smartarse posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Gabriel Obertain how he getting on now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Can someone please tell me how many goals Owen has scored so far for ManU? Excluding pre-season now competitive fixtures only.. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Can someone please tell me how many goals Owen has scored so far for ManU? Excluding pre-season now competitive fixtures only.. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

3 isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Miap

3 goals so far excluing pre season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Is it just me or did the ref book the wrong da Silva?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

2 in the league, and 1 tonight

Him being out for a few games means more game time for Rafael hopefully and one less unreliable player to choose.

I wouldn't call Nev unreliable, has played quite well the last few times I've seen him. I find people are looking for things that he does wrong instead of focussing on what he does good. He has great positional sense and a good cross.

The post was ridiculous because nobody should take pleasure in a player on their supported team getting sent off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

3 it is so. Thanks lads. I couldn't find his record anywhere after a quick google, not watching the game. Have a bet with a pal that he'll get less than 15 in all competitions by the seasons end. Safe enough I reckon what with him being passed his best and potential injuries. He'll probably make me sweat however...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The actual answer is 2 and another goal that should count for about 50.

3 it is so. Thanks lads. I couldn't find his record anywhere after a quick google, not watching the game. Have a bet with a pal that he'll get less than 15 in all competitions by the seasons end. Safe enough I reckon what with him being passed his best and potential injuries. He'll probably make me sweat however...

don't think he'll play enough games to get that total, Welbeck looking very good recently and may get some of Owen's games.

Liam O wrote: »
    I wouldn't call Nev unreliable, has played quite well the last few times I've seen him. I find people are looking for things that he does wrong instead of focussing on what he does good. He has great positional sense and a good cross.

The post was ridiculous because nobody should take pleasure in a player on their supported team getting sent off.

I didnt take pleasure! Merely saw the positive side of him not being available.

He is not reliable anymore, making him unreliable. Take the Blinkers off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

GOAL!!!! :D

lol "fergie, sign him up"

• Advertisement

Foster should have done better there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

soccernet.com is good for stats

Pitch invasion!!!

Mouthwatering skill from Macheda

Gabriel Obertain how he getting on now?

Anybody???:D:D

Game over. United 2-0

I was gonna say!

**** me! I need a gif of that it was totally sublime!!!

was very nice true.

Decent enough performance from United, up to Neville getting sent off, we should still not have given away as many chances as we did - too many errors letting them in for chances (such as Evans not competing for that long ball, at all)

Good night for Obertan too, linked well enough. Looks promising, a possible bargain at 3million

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Anybody???:D:D

Obertan had a great debut performance imo. Looked quite composed on the ball, great pace, technically very capable. Id say Fergie will be delighted with his performance.

I like see United do well in this cup..

Its good to blend in the players on the reseves and fringes and maybe Ferguson now knows this.

Look its the last cup I want win but still good see players playing in competitive game too

Decent enough game. Barnsley really could have scored but even with the team we had out you always felt we still had a few gears to move up.

Obertan can say he had a decent debut, think he tired in the second half.

Wellbeck impressed me again.

Rafeal done well enough in the center though I wouldn't fancy seeing that repeated too often.

Foster still looks dodgy with his kicking, and decisions. Starting to give up on him now.

Anderson was decent.

Macheda wasn't great IMO. Always seemed on the edge of the game.

Same with Owen even though he took his goal well.

• Advertisement

Quandary wrote: »
    Obertan had a great debut performance imo. Looked quite composed on the ball, great pace, technically very capable. Id say Fergie will be delighted with his performance.

Cheers for that Quandary good to hear.

I like see United do well in this cup..

Its good to blend in the players on the reseves and fringes and maybe Ferguson now knows this.

Look its the last cup I want win but still good see players playing in competitive game too

I love watching this cup. Winning it last season, with a mix of fringe/squad players, and the youth players was great. (along with the odd 'star').

Off course its not the league, or CL, but I enjoy it as much as the FA Cup, and its nice to have a cup run at this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Decent enough game. Barnsley really could have scored but even with the team we had out you always felt we still had a few gears to move up.

Obertan can say he had a decent debut, think he tired in the second half.

Wellbeck impressed me again.

Rafeal done well enough in the center though I wouldn't fancy seeing that repeated too often.

Foster still looks dodgy with his kicking, and decisions. Starting to give up on him now.

Anderson was decent.

Macheda wasn't great IMO. Always seemed on the edge of the game.

Same with Owen even though he took his goal well.
    Id agree with all of this.

Good to see Brown get a full 90 minutes under his belt too.

only1stevo
    What an idiot. At least he'll be out for a few games.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Liam O viewpost.gif
    absolutely ridiculous post rolleyes.gif

I am aloud to thank whom a want and it was a ridiculous post and two others agree with me, like you posted it. And if you have a problem with me, keep it to yourself and not others

one less unreliable player to choose

Gary is an reliable player and a legend.

Well now hopefully we can follow up this result with win on Saturday now

I love watching this cup. Winning it last season, with a mix of fringe/squad players, and the youth players was great. (along with the odd 'star').

Off course its not the league, or CL, but I enjoy it as much as the FA Cup, and its nice to have a cup run at this time of year.

same as myself.

Love seeing some of the younger/fringe players get a run out, and this competition provides the best chance for that. I'm never too down beat if we get knocked out, but I do love seeing us win and get more opportunities for the fringe players.

Was a little disappointed Eikrem didn't get a look in tonight, he has been absolutely fantastic for the reserves this season, and especially over the last month or so. If anyone deserved a look in tonight based on recent performances, it is him. Would also liked to have seen King play too - great prospect.

manutd wrote: »

Your argument, Gary Neville is a legend and is therefore reliable.

Mine, He is no longer reliable and is a legend despite this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

manutd wrote: »
    only1stevo

I am aloud to thank whom a want and it was a ridiculous post and two others agree with me, like you posted it. And if you have a problem with me, keep it to yourself and not others.[SIZE]

Squinty eye mode on.Text is so small.

:eek:

It the game go ahead, next week SSN Breaking News: Rooney and SAF have the Swine-flu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Obertan must have had some first half for people to have been impressed with his overall game, I only watched the second half and he was as good as invisible

Advertisement