Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lots of noise during traktor monitoring

Options
  • 27-10-2009 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

SO ive got traktor scratch pro, works fine, and ive got a laptop that must have a built in sound card and has 2 headphone jacks, as I am able to play master through one headphone jack, and monitor through another. But strange thing is whenever I do this I get lots of noise and distortion. This doesn't happen when im not monitoring.
    So I was messing around with it and turned off the wireless and blue tooth and the noise went for a few minutes and returned though.
    Any ideas whats wrong?

Im using the IDT HD codec for the audio device as I cant seem to get sound to come out when I use ASIO4ALL V2. The sample rate is 48000hz and the latency is 10.0ms which I cant seem to change.

ANy help welcome thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

interference from your power adapter i reckon. try it with your laptop plugged out. if it goes then you know what the problem is. unfortunately the workaround will cost you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

That didnt work, and now theres crackling even when just playing a track through traktor. Its not my speaker or soundcard though I dont think as it doesnt happen with itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are you sure your wifi is completely off, that seems to be a very common cause.
    It sounds like its interference, so I'd suggest taking it out into the garden away from all other devices and see if you can get clean sound.

Any chance its the headphones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Well the wireless and bluetooth completely off, and its not the headphones. Really annoying me now. Not sure what the problem is.

Advertisement